Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > A SOUND of THUNDER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

See BOX OFFICE 4 SOUND of THUNDER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: See BOX OFFICE 4 SOUND of THUNDER
    Posted: September 02 2005 at 1:17am

To see Just How Big a Tyrano-Turd this one was at the Box Office, check its figures at B. O. MoJo

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 8:27am
Second Weekend Figures are in, and SOUND OF THUNDER dropped off 69% from its Dead-as-a-Dinosaur opening numbers. Not quite GIGLI territory (that one holds the all-time record with a drop off 82% its second weekend!). But then, THUNDER's Baboon-o-saurs had less far to fall...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 8:25am
I mentioned in another post that when I tried to see this at my local multiplex today, it was already GONE. When I used the LINK above to see B.O.MoJo figues on it, I understood why: It was down to just $36 per theatre!!
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 1:28pm
In an earlier posting, I said this film had NOT approached The All-Time Record for Weekend-to-Weekend Drop-Off, set in 2003 by GIGLI. But this past weekend (Sept. 16-18) SOUND OF THUNDER dropped an astounding 93.3% from the weekend before. Based on its weekend per-theatre average, it should be doing about $15 (or less) per theatre/per day until it disappears COMPLETELY after this Thursday...In purely financial terms, this has GOT to be 2005's Biggest Box Office BOMB!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 12:22am
I can give some specific numbers. As of last weekend. (the weekend of Sept 17) SOUND OF THUNDER had grossed a little over $1.85 million. That translates to about 180,000 unfortunate movie goers worldwide who have suffered through this travesty. About the same number of people suffer serious injuries worldwide every year from slipping on banana peels.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 2:50am
Given it's THUNDER-ous Bombing at the US Box Office, SOUND OF THUNDER might to be out on video in time to compete for Main Feature status at RAZZIE® Prevue Night on January 21, the annual event at which we screen reviews, trailers, clips and cetera on as many of the year's Berry Worst Movies as we can get our hands on. But with DIRTY LOVE, which it appears almost NO ONE has seen, already announcing it's VRD (Video Release Date) as December 6, THUNDER will have some SOUND competition...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:53am
Since no one had looked in for awhile, I thought an update might be in order: A SOUND OF THUNDER has grossed $6.5 million worldwide, which only leaves it $73.5 million short of breakeven!
walker View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 7:02am

What did they expect????

How can they make such crappy SFX with a budget of $80,000,000 ??? Amazing...

I mean, look at Star Wars :Revenge of the sith, the budget was something like $115,000,000 and it had some of the best SFX ever...

Talk about money well spent!

Post Reply Post Reply