Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > STAR WARS: EPISODE III: THE SITH HITZ the FANZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

See REVIEWS 4 SITH HITZ the FANS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: See REVIEWS 4 SITH HITZ the FANS
    Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:03pm
The HC fan girls have no taste and can't accept that some people think he is a horrible actor.
SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 6:27pm
Bah.  From the opening scenes to many of the 'duels' Episode 3 was, and will always be, the second weakest showing in the star wars movies.  What is sad is that we, just a bunch of shmoes with computers, can pinpoint flaws in movies with multi-million-dollar budgets.  hollywood should get a clue.  If they had made a focus group of, say, a thousand star wars fans (and hell, you could've gotten these people to PAY to see this movie in a beta version) to watch it, then tell you were you went wrong, instead of a record-breaking-yet-vaguely-vomit-inducing film, you would have gotten a record-breaking film.

Seriously.  Hayden's preformence.  Bad.  The lightsaber Duels were subpar compared to TPM.  And seriously, what the hell happened to the battle droids vocabulators?  And Count Dooku?  General Greivous?  There was a monk who achieved perfection in answering these questions with this simple answer: "WTF?"  Episode Three was a showcase for excellent special effects with just a tad bit of decent writing (in all honesty, I can say if Leia had been holding Han when the whole "Hold me like you did back on naboo" thing happened, I would've been MUCH less inclined to laugh) and poor plot.

For the plot.  Remember in the end of Episode 2, where there was that really stupid battle between Dooku (SHUDDER Lord Tyrannus is a much cooler name) and the dream team?  Anakin gets pwned, then Obi-Wan gets pwned, then Anakin gets pwned again?  Well, just a few years later, Anakin uber pwnz0rs Dooku in a couple of seconds, while Obi-wan gets brushed aside like a fly.  And we're supposed to believe that later on Obi-Wan defeats Anakin in combat?  Come on... that's inherently stupid.

Also, this movie tried to contain little tidbits of carp to make us remember the origional trilogy.  While watching the Falcon fly into Coruscant is pretty awesome, "I'll see you again, Chewbacca" is waayyy over the top.  Senator Organa fleeing on the Tantive IV?  Cool.  The scene where Padme says "There is still good in him?"  Cheapens what is otherwise a surprising view from an amazing character.  Now instead of Luke being the only person who believes in the 'good' that is in Lord Vader, he wasn't the first.  A dirty, low blow to cheapen an otherwise excellent trilogy.

Episode Three wasn't just an affront to movie goers everywhere (and I'm not talking about the part where he kills the kids, that's actually an excellent scene, but I'm sick of Hayden crying), its a direct assault on the origional trilogy.

Especially the very end.  "NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo" ?  That's not Darth Vader.  Darth Vader isn't emotional.  Darth Vader says things like, "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.  The ability to destroy planets is insignificant next to the power of the Force." In a deadly, apathetic tone.  Not, "He's lying to you Padme." In a whiny tone that makes it sound like he's going to bust out crying.
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 4:15am
"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" almost did make me laugh out loud, since it's so out there coming from the mouth (or what's left of a mouth) of the most sinister force in the universe.  Although as I see it, going into a Star Wars film is knowing that you're going to get some of the most ridiculous dialogue imaginable anyway (since of course everyone in the galaxy talks like, "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems slip through your fingers."), so you roll with that as best you can.  Other than that, it succeeded it what it was aiming for by and large as I see it.  As always in the prequels, Yoda steals the show (even though he seems to cut out of the final battle a little too soon; had he stayed fighting a little longer it seems likely the Emperor would literally brought down the house on himself and made a full-scale rebellion rather unnecessary.).  Hopefully Mel Brooks will able to give all this a good spin when the Spaceballs animated series debuts in the next year or so.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123