Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > Disney's THE WILD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seen MADAGASCAR? Then you’ve seen this!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen MADAGASCAR? Then you’ve seen this!
    Posted: April 09 2006 at 11:18am

AS ANTZ WAS to BUG'S LIFE, SO IS THE WILD to MADAGASCAR -- A BLATANT KNOCK-OFF. THE BIG DIFFERENCE? THIS TIME IT'S DISNEY DOING THE KNOCKING-OFF...

Who sez you can't make money without having an original idea? Certainly not Hollywood studio execs. This film (and its astounding resemblance to MADAGASCAR) perfectly personifies the dearth (and death?) of originality in Tinsel Town.

So, your two cents, please...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 1:21am
Apparently, they must think it's original because instead of the animals going from the city zoo to the jungle, it's from the jungle to the city zoo. Yeah, great logic there.
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:44am
Let's see.  We have movies that are:
  • cheap knock-offs of other movies.  (most recent remakes and this movie)
  • cheap knock-offs of TV shows.  (Note to Hollywood:  If it wasn't good enough for movie theaters when they were first made, it's not good enough now.  Knock it off.)
  • cheap knock-offs of video games.  ("Doom."  Excellent game, bad movie)
And Hollywood wonders why box office sales are flat?
Eric T. Jones View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Eric T. Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 1:23pm
Give the TV-to-movie people a break. They have to do SOMETHING to make people buy their "Complete Season" boxsets.
Brian Schwartz View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Schwartz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 3:30pm
WOW! So far, as of April 12, it's 20% at Rotten Tomatoes. And judging
that this looks 1/10 as interesting as Madagascar, this would be an
interesting time to pull out a special category to mention to the G.R.A.F.:
Worst Animated Feature.

Look no further than to Disney to have gone sinking down, just when
they've announced to re-establish their 2D animation department, AND
pick up the acquistion of Pixar in the process.

But this small helpful turnaround does not make a good move on already
bad movie buzz make.

Lawrence Brian Schwartz
turkyman View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote turkyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 8:10am
WORST ANIMATED FILM CATEGORY NOW!!!!!

first, doogal, now the wild. we have to have it as a category. it's only the
4th month of 2006. there are probably going to be a LOT more awful
animated films (just one more please and we have our category)

so

WORST ANIMATED FILM
>THE WILD
>DOOGAL (DOG AWFUL)
>????

come on we already have 2 runners up!!!

WORST ANIMATED FILM CATEGORY FOR NEXT RAZZIES PLEEZE!!!
tommyboy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote tommyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 11:44am
its got a great cast though. um... lets give it a chance eh. could be a homage. um, theres a koala in this one so, totally different... i'm sinking fast, maybe if the lions son was called kim (or kimba) bauer it would be good. talk hard peeps!
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 2:32am
A) The Wild: an odd assortment of animals from the New York Zoo discover what a jungle the city can be when one of their own is mistakenly shipped to the wild and they embark on a dangerous mission to rescue him.

B) Toy Story 2: an odd assortment of toys from Andy's bedroom discover what a jungle the city can be when one of their own is is kidnapped by an evil toy collector and they embark on a dangerous mission to rescue him.

C) Madagascar: an odd assortment of animals from New York's Central Park Zoo discover what a jungle Madagascar can be when one of their own makes his escape to explore the world and they embark on a dangerous mission to rescue him.

D) A Bug's Life: an ant embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue his colony and finds an odd assortment of insects ....and he discovers what a jungle the world can be.

E) Finding Nemo: an odd assortment of sea creatures discover what a jungle the ocean can be when an overprotective clown fish father embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue his missing son.

F) etc....etc...etc...

messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 9:40am
C'mon, it's not THAT bad. If you want to know what the worst animated feature of all time was, it's The Tale of Tillie's Dragon which I saw in 1996. It's available on DVD, not that you would want to rent it it's so rank.
sharkslayer View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote sharkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 11:41pm
SHark tale was the worst of them all
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:48am
Trust me, Shark Tale wasn't nearly as bad asTillie Lawsuits were threatend over this, and top experts consulted over the rankness that was The Tale of Tillie's Dragon and my opinion was vindicated.

Of course that was ten years ago, but my opinion on the subject still stands.
luvtherazzies View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote luvtherazzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 6:01am
Saw it, hated it. It stunk from start to finish. I was bored to tears and so were my kids. Madagascar was so much better.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:18am
Other than Dreamworks asking for thier movie back, The only enjoyable character in the whole movie was the nut job waterbeast voiced by William Shatner. I agree with Turkeyman, I think you will have a new catagory for the 2006 Razzies with The Wild as the Winner.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
scatcatpdx View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote scatcatpdx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 10:40am

Beware of the Disney Direct to Video Move.

A bad omen when Disney skips theater release and goes direct to video.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 4:03am

Too Late for that, scatcatpdx...The movie already had a very lackluster release back in April of this year. However, since hardly anybody saw it domestically, it just feels like a Direct to Video movie! 

Originally posted by scatcatpdx

Beware of the Disney Direct to Video Move.

A bad omen when Disney skips theater release and goes direct to video.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 2:42am
Hopefully these things are simply the last pieces of the Eisner era being thrown out of the vault, and Iger's just biding his time (or if not him, Steve Jobs and John Lasseter) till they can bring something better into the world. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>