Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > DANCE FLICK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?
    Posted: May 17 2009 at 10:43am

WITH a GRAND TOTAL of 12 RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS (and 3 "WINS") to DATE for THEIR PREVIOUS "COMEDIES" WHITE CHICKS and LITTLE MAN, YOU MIGHT THINK WE'D BE DELIGHTED to REPORT THAT THE WAYANS BROTHERS (MARLON, SHAWN and KEENAN IVORY) DON'T STAR in the FAMILY's LATEST ATTEMPT at an ACTUALLY FUNNY COMEDY...

BUT, ALTHOUGH THEY AREN'T the TOP-LINED STARS of DANCE FLICK, THEY DO APPEAR in MINOR ROLES. NOW HERE's a TRULY SCARY IDEA: INSTEAD of TASKING TOP BILLING, THEY ARE PASSING the TORCH (AS IT WERE) to the NEXT GENERATION of WAYANS OFFSPRING to BECOME "STARS." AND, JUDGING by ITS TRAILER, DANCE FLICK SHOULD BE UP (i.e. DOWN) to the FAMILY's USUAL STANDARD of "HILARITY."

HERE's a LINK to the OFFICIAL SITE for DANCE FLICK -- WE INVITE YOU to WATCH the TRAILER, and SEE IF YOU DON'T AGREE: DANCE FLICK LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING WE'D EXPECT from the ONLY CLODS of COMEDY EVEN LESS CONSISTENTLY FUNNY THAN the WAYANSES -- THOSE TWO UN-TALENTED TWITS RESPONSIBLE for DATE MOVIE, EPIC MOVIE, DISASTER MOVIE, ETC -- THAT PUERILE PAIR KNOWN to OUR VOTERS as "SELTZERBERG."

WHEN a FAMILY of MARGINALLY TALENTED FILM-MAKERS TURN for "INSPIRATION" to a PAIR of MONUMENTALLY UN-TALENTED COLLEAGUES, HOLLYWOOD's WHOLE "CHASING ITS OWN TAIL JUST to MAKE a FAST BUCK" MENTALITY HAS FINALLY HIT an ALL-TIME LOW.

BUT IT's a NEW LOW WE HAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE HOLLYWOOD WILL SOMEHOW SINK BELOW BEFORE YEAR's END...

KID: "I'm scared, Mommy..."

MOM: "What do you mean, my child could grow up to star in one of your P.O.S. movies -- How dare you threaten an infant!!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:20pm

This definitely has the feel of a possible Razzie "winner."

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked like an improvement over the more recent "Movie" movies (and it probably still will be) but the more I see the promos, the worse it looks...  

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:15pm
Well, with the slew of dance movies that came out over this past decade, the genre is ripe for a spoofing. The trailer looks ... okay at best. My thoughts: most likely better than anything Seltzerberg has made in the past five years, but it will end up on the voting ballots, no doubt.
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:33pm
Looks pretty good. I may have to check this out...when it arrives on DVD.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 5:16pm

I consider myslef a movie masochist, and this movie looks to be below even MY standards...

That's preety damned bad.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 5:50am

Damien Dante Wayans is the Son of Keenen Ivory Wayans I guess when to Directing a Movie has not learned much his Father who has directed some pretty funny movies.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:07am
Damien? The antichrist is the son of a Wayans? I should have known... it makes sense...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:30am
I agree that there was a time when spoofing a dance movie might've made sense, but as someone else mentioned in the other thread, I think they're about 2 years too late to do so. They may have put it on hold because of the other terrible spoofs, but still... Clock's tickin, kiddies. Gotta get these things out when they still make sense.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 8:04am
It makes perfect sense with "Step Up 3" scheduled for release next year... not to mention the Fame Remake... The time is ripe for dance spoofing...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 11:46am
For realz? That !@#$'s whack, son.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 12:17pm

Oh, and I forgot, there is also a Footloose remake in the works.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 1:15pm

What the hell?! Did the studio heads just give the green light to remake EVERY movie from the 1980s?!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 2:29pm
The trailer was hilarious.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 2:59pm

Everything old is new again... 

Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Oh, and I forgot, there is also a Footloose remake in the works.

What the hell?! Did the studio heads just give the green light to remake EVERY movie from the 1980s?!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 7:50am
The prophecy will soon be fulfilled... The circle has almost been completed. The chosen one has arisen. And his name... Is Bay.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:01am

...If Michael Bay and Uwe Boll teamed up, and created a movie called "The Tower" .... Would that make it the Tower of Bay-Boll?

(The Jokes... they suck....I know this)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>