Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > STAR WARS: CLONE WARS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SEND IN the CLONES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEND IN the CLONES...
    Posted: August 19 2008 at 4:11am

THE TRAILERS and TV ADZ DID LOOK KINDA LAME...

AND THOSE TACKY BOBBLE-HEAD TOYS at McDONALD's DIDN'T DO a LOT to REASSURE US, EITHER...

BUT NOW THAT the REVIEWS and BOX OFFICE NUMBERS ARE IN (and CLONE WARS APPEARS to BE GEORGE LUCAS' FIRST CERTIFIED BOMB SINCE HOWARD THE DUCK) WE'VE DECIDED to ADD IT to OUR FORUM.

IN the PAST, STAR WARS FREAKS HAVE CLOGGED OUR BLOGS with DEFENSES of LUCAS' LESS-THAN-STELLAR SECOND ROUND of (RAZZIE® "WINNING") SEQUELS.

CAN'T WAIT to SEE WHAT THEY -- and OUR FAITHFUL FORUM MEMBERS -- POST REGARDING THIS ONE... 

YODA: "Some privacy while pooping I request, yes..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 6:48am

I was just at McDonald's, and they had the bobbleheads. I coudn't help but notice that there were toys of several chracters that couldn't have been in the movie, like Darth Vader (Annakin's not at that stage yet), Han Solo, Luke, Leia, and even an Ewok! Also, there's a Hutt in here who speaks English, likes  to wear dresses, and sounds like Truman Capote!!  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 2:42pm
I'm surprised they marketed this movie as though it was going to be a big hit. This, and the 3D show coming this fall following this movie, are just pointless; there was already a miniseries on Cartoon Network about the Clone Wars, not to mention the beginning of Star Wars III also took place during those wars.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 8:39pm
This is probably lousy enough to make people pine for the prequel trilogy.

Star Wars really is becoming the prime example of what happens when a media franchise is whored out as much as it possibly can be. Actually, I guess it already achieved that distinction...now it's just reinforcing the position.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 1:11am
And just think, George Lucas once said during A New Hope/The Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi that they were part of a story with nine parts.  During the making of the prequels, though, he backed off from that earlier statement.  If he didn't back off from that statement, we would have 3 MORE sequels after Return of the Jedi.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 2:02am

He must have gotten wind of how much the fans thought the prequels were all turds, and dropped the idea like a bad habbit. Many Star Wars fans consider the Timothy Zahn novels "Heir To The Empire",  "Dark Force Rising", and "The Last Command" as the unofficial episodes 7, 8, and 9.

However, there are NO plans to do film adaptations of them ... yet. 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 5:15am

I heard or read somewhere that this so-called "movie" is really just several episodes from the up-coming Cartoon Network "Clone Wars" series, strung together and passed off as a theatrical film to make a fast buck.

If that's the case, then Lucas has even less respect for his fans than than the lameness of those three recent "prequels" suggests... 

Everything SUX!
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 1:06pm
Am I the only one here who thought Star Wars III was decent? It was a great movie, despite Hayden Christiansen's somewhat stiff acting.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 2:03pm
It was the best of the three, but the dialog still dragged and yes, Christensen was a stiff.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by cvcjr13

It was the best of the three, but the dialog still dragged and yes, Christensen was a stiff.

That's not saying much considering the first two were nothing but crap. Lucas simply doesn't know how to write dialog, and Christiansen turned Vader into an utter joke.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 3:33pm

There's a reason why Howard the Duck has NOT been officially released on DVD...George Lucas has refused to own the rights on that movie since it was awful as well as a bomb at the Box Office and the critics.

oh, and by the way, I'm back! Sorry about being away for so long...it's all a long story though.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 7:02pm

The first order of business was to watch an episode of the animated 2-D cartoon series Star Wars: The Clone Wars before I watched the 3-D movie.  The episode was about Anakin and Obi-Wan leading clone forces against the separtist army of the banking clan secretly led by General Grevious.  The 2-D animation of the cartoon episode was as clunky as the storyline was dull.  It was made with a limited budget and a low opinion of what children can handle and will accept.  Undoubtedly, many kids have enjoyed this series, but, if this episode was any indication, it could have been much better, and the kids could have been enthralled.

Enthralling also does not apply to the movie. 

But before I get into that, let me say that, regardless of 3-D rendering, the animation simply was far more improved over that of the series, and the animation flowed a lot better, too.  The storyline was also much better than the cartoon.  Jabba the Hutt's nephew is kidnapped, and the Jedi forces must save him to win Jabba's permission to move freely across his corner of the universe, while Count Dooku's forces weave a sinister trap for the Jedi.  Mind you, I watched SW: TCW the movie after watching the cartoon series, so my expectations had already been set low.  I imagine anyone else watching the movie uninitiated would be bored out of their skulls.  There's something to be said about numbing one's mind with something worse before seeing something bad.

However, no amount of watching mind-numbing cartoons could help one overlook how hilariously badly the movie crashes to smithereens with the introduction of just one character -- Jabba the Hutt's treacherous uncle, Ziro.  Pronounced "zero," the character's name aptly describes the quality of the rest of the movie simply because of how this character speaks and behaves.  Yes, as it has been said before, he talks like Truman Capote, and he talks in English, with a lot of whine with his cheese for good measure.  When he talks in Hutt, he's fine, but when he whines in English, oh, man. . . . 

Ziro the Hutt makes Jar-Jar Binks look like a great idea.

What's more, he is supposed to be a gangster on Coruscant?!  Where the Jedis are the police?!  Coruscant is not lawless Tatooine!

But this isn't the only inconsistency in either the cartoon series or the movie.  Count Dooku has not one, but two students.  General Grevious, of course, who is not in the movie, and also a new character, Asajj Ventress, who is featured in the movie.  She's a cool character, but there's a basic problem.  What did we learn about the Sith from The Phantom Menace?  There are only two, for a very good reason.

I know, it's George Lucas' world, and he can do with it as he pleases.  There's going to be a second season of The Clone Wars on the Cartoon Network.  But after awhile, all this going back on what was said and all this cashing out on what people had come to love just makes people jaded.  If you're going to make money off a tried-and-true franchise, you need to do it right and well, with both the humor and the edge-of-the-seat drama that gripped us and drew us in with The New Hope.  It wasn't there with any of the three prequels, and it certainly isn't there with The Clone Wars, series or movie.

I will say this; I did like the smart alecky, impetuous Ahsoka Tano being the paduan of Anakin Skywalker.  I also like taking one of the clones, Captain Rex, and making him real and likable.  But the rest of the story seems dull, especially Obi-Wan never being able to show up until Anakin has already moved on to the next conflict.  Obi-Wan doesn't need a light sabre; give him a mop instead.  All he does is clean up.

Sad to say, but the Force is no longer with George Lucas.  The only thing he shows us any longer is the Forced.

Note: Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee and Anthony "C3PO" Daniels are the only original voices featured in the movie; the rest of the voices are done by others. 

Worst Actor: Corey Burton, voice actor for Ziro the Hutt.
Worst Director:  Dave Filoni, for allowing Ziro the Hutt anywhere near the movie.
Worst Screenplay:  Henry Gilroy, Steve Melcing and Scott Murphy, for creating the worst character in the Star Wars storyline.
Worst Oversight:  George Lucas, for allowing a calamity that not even the Force can balance.

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 12:28pm

Worst Actor: Corey Burton, voice actor for Ziro the Hutt.

OUCH! And that guy's such a reliable voice actor (::cough:: Brainiac ::cough::).
You think you know, but you have no idea.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 5:27am

If they wanted another Hutt that badly, they should have realized Pizza's always there for the using.  In fact, putting Pizza in here may have gone a long way to propping it up. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 1:13pm
And if George Lucas hasn't milked these movies enough, he's going to release 3D verisons of all six movies in the near future. Anything just so he can get the #2 highest grossed movie spot back from "Dark Knight". Georgie, give it up and move on already!
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 2:49pm

Of course, that's like comparing cow chips and horse droppings...

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>