Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > WHITE CHIX 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seriously...a SEQUEL?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seriously...a SEQUEL?!?!?!
    Posted: February 10 2010 at 4:46pm
Yes,but if you read a list of the worst movies in any site,you'll notice that at least a lil'over half were flops.

When a bad movie does good at the B.O.,it means it's errors are easier to be found by experts.

When a bad movies flops,it means it's errors are so big,even someone who knows nothin'can see them.

And I know that this year we only have 5 flops out of 15 nominees,and 4 have just 1 nomination.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 5:08pm
Lol, I'm afraid it has more to do with how well it's been marketed, not how well it was actually made. You have no idea how many times I've sat through the previews in a movie and listened to people say "WOW, THAT LOOKS AWESOME", only to have me know already that the movie is 2012, and I'm cringing in my seat.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:02am
Wrong again.

When "2012" and AVATAR premiered,they were the sh*t.However,only the latter stayed #1 for weeks,'til it became the highest grossin'movie ever.Why?It's good,and the other one is bad,but not that bad.

I hate myself for sayin'this,but THE VILLAGE opened good because of the marketin',and'cuz it was a Shyamalan movie(he was a success back then).After people thought it was bad,it fell hard in the B.O..How is it that it was a B.O. success anyway?It's not that bad.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 2:04pm
Ummm... 2012 and Avatar had huge opening weekends... not sure what you're anglin at.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 2:30pm
That's right.They had great openings.After people realize how bad and good were(respectively),they each earn diferent numbers.One of them became the highest grossin'movie ever,and the other one stayed at #1 for 1 week(mostly'cuz of the premiere of NEW MOON),and then it went down.It was still a success in money terms,which means it wasn't that bad.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 3:26pm
...aHEM
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 3:49pm
The point is that just because a movie makes a lot of money, that doesn't mean it's good. Take "Transformers 2". It's #10 in the highest grossing movies of all time, yet here it is with 7 Razzie nods and it's considered a heavy favorite to win everything it is up for.

"White Chicks" was a bad movie, plain and simple (and I do mean "simple"). It made a lot of money at first because people thought it would be as funny as the "Scary Movies', but it wasn't. Because it was a bad movie, people then avoided "Little Man" and "Dance Flick". The Wayans are stuck in a rut, and a "White Chicks" sequel is not going to help them out. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 4:59pm
For the last time:It's bad,but not that bad.That's why worse movie flop at the B.O..
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 8:37pm
Lol but you're missing the point still, Vits... My point is that bad movies being bad doesn't mean that Americans don't still go to them, and Paul Blart: Mall Cop is the ultimate example.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 5:39am
Look,I know we're not real critics,but if we're gon'na discuss bad movies,you need to understand that each movie has it's own level of..."badness".WHITE CHICKS and PAUL BLART are bad,but they're not worse than movies that actually flopped,like MISS MARCH.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 5:54am
Paul Blart looked every bit as bad as Miss March to me. I didn't see either. For whatever it's worth, I'd rather see a movie written by two of the guys from The Whitest Kids U Know than either of the other two. I still say however bad or good a movie is hardly determines its success.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 8:38am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

The point is that just because a movie makes a lot of money, that doesn't mean it's good. Take "Transformers 2". It's #10 in the highest grossing movies of all time, yet here it is with 7 Razzie nods and it's considered a heavy favorite to win everything it is up for.

"

I've been on this campaign for awhile now, but I personally think that box-office numbers have become a completely meaningless measure of how a movie is performing. How can anyone seriously suggest that there is an viable comparison between a movie that made $100 million back in the 70's when ticket prices were 4 bucks and a movie that makes the same amount now when ticket prices are $12? (Most people who saw Avatar on an IMAX screen in 3D probably paid $20) Further, back in the 70's, it was often something of an effort to see a particular movie. If you lived in a small or medium-sized city, particular movies might take a couple of weeks to get to a theater reasonably nearby, whereas today, most small towns have mega-screen theaters so most of the major films appear everywhere in the U.S. on opening weekend.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 10:02am
Look,if a movie is bad,but still does good at the B.O.,it has to be'cuz it's not that bad.

The errors we see in movies also have different "levels".

If WHITE CHICKS's errors had been more obvious for non-experts(aside of course from the fact they don't look like real white women),it would've flopped.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Vits

Look,if a movie is bad,but still does good at the B.O.,it has to be'cuz it's not that bad.

*Taps on his Paul Blart sign*
Do you realize that if The Hangover hadn't come out, THAT would've been THE comedy of 2009? And look, I liked Hangover as much as the next guy, but it wasn't really THAT great. It wasn't anything terribly special at all, really. And that's now, what, the most profitable comedy of all time or something like that? Probably the best of 2009, and I don't mean to sound like I didn't like it, but it doesn't deserve that. I'm telling you, the problem is that audiences have become entirely retarded. (I'm looking forward to condemnation from Sarah Palin.)
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 10:52am
O.K..You're right on the fact that you're entitled to your opinion,but you can't simply say it's bad,considerin'that aside from the good B.O.,that as we established,doesn't mean a lot,it has good reviews,and the Golden Globe for "Best Movie-Comedy And/Or Musical".

It's not "the most profitable comedy of all time",it's the most profitable R-rated comedy of all time.

THE PROPOSAL did $100 million better than PAUL BLART,and that one had better reviews,but of course not as good as the reviews of THE HANGOVER.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 11:38am
Yes, thank goodness for "The Hangover" for overthrowing "Paul Blart"!

And don't joke about Sarah Palin becomign President, it might come true if you do!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>