Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > WHITE CHIX 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seriously...a SEQUEL?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seriously...a SEQUEL?!?!?!
    Posted: August 17 2009 at 4:04am

Yep, you read right. No mistake. A "White Chicks 2" is reportedly coming to cinemas near you (LINK).

A future Razzie nominee for sure, I think HeadRazz should include it in his Up-Coming Projects list!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yer wish is my command...well, sometimes.  See below...  

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 4:10am
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 5:17am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although it failed to "win" any awards, the original 2004 WHITE CHICKS was nominated for 5 dis-honors, including Worst Picture (LINK).  In the "pantheon" of Wayans Brothers "comedies," it was admittedly one of their bigger "hits." But by normal studio standards, it was not a major success as a theatrical release (B.O. MoJo LINK) so it is unclear why Sony/Columbia would even consider doing a sequel -- Unless they're planning a Direct-to-DVD release...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 5:55am

Here's the full text of the announcement in The Hollywood Reporter: 

LOS ANGELES - The Wayans brothers and Sony Pictures are developing a sequel to the 2004 comedy "White Chicks," in which Marlon and Shawn Wayans will reprise their roles as sibling FBI agents posing as a pair of white women.

Keenen Ivory Wayans is on board to direct the sequel, which all three Wayans are writing. The plot of the new entry is being kept under wraps.

The first film was a surprise hit, grossing almost $70 million domestically; it was made for about $37 million.

The trio last worked together on "Dance Flick," which they acted in, produced and co-wrote with family members Craig Wayans and Damien Dante Wayans.

Keenan Ivory Wayans' last directing project was 2006's "Little Man." Marlon Wayans is on the big screen as Ripcord in the current release "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra."

(Editing by SheriLinden at Reuters)

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 6:06am

I think I have a solution that should be acceptable to all parties: Why don't we just send the Wayans brothers the 5 Razzies they didn't "win" last for the first film. That way, they get the awards without having to go through the effort of making the movie...and we are spared having to see it. A win/win situation, if there ever was one!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:38am
The first was a pretty funny movie. I've never laughed so hard. *let the bashing start*
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 12:44pm
Warning:
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 1:57pm

No feeding, just too easy. 

If the Wayans want to do a sequel, it should be "Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood ... 2". That was the funniest movie they ever have made. Though, admittedly, that's not saying much...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 6:59am
If they made that, they'd have to make the sequel name just as long as the first. I'm too tired to come up with anything clever at the moment, but if no one else does, I'll look up some other gangsta movie titles and make a full one.
-Iron helps us play-
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 3:36am
I wish the Wayans will take on more dramatic roles, such as acting in Requiem for a Dream or Bamboozled, instead of crappy roles like these just for quick cash. Probably a waste of an actor.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

I wish the Wayans will take on more dramatic roles, such as acting in Requiem for a Dream or Bamboozled, instead of crappy roles like these just for quick cash. Probably a waste of an actor.

I agree, but they prefer to do comedy instead, perhaps because it's easier for them to do. Their careers are suffering because of their own laziness.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 4:25pm
Well, it's expected of them. And what's weird is that Shawn has more seeming ability to do more dramatic, and seems to completely refuse to go outside his bubble, whereas Marlon will dip his toes from time to time.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 12:08pm
WHITE CHICKS had bad directing,but it was O.K. in general.You don't believe?Then how come the box office hit?I know you think that means nothing,since a lot of times hits are trashed by critics.That's true,but if this was in fact one of the worst movies ever like you say,it would've flop.

If a movie is bad,it can just bad or berry bad.

Even though the nominees this year for "Worst Picture" that floped are only 2,and all of the ones up for "Worst Picture Of The Decade" floped.

However,this shouldn't be made.They got lucky the first time,but this one could flop.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 12:42pm
The reason why it made money was because the Wayans were on a hot streak from the "Scary Movies". Once people saw this piece of s***, that hot streak cooled quickly. The movie wasn't funny, the Wayans looked nothing like humans let alone white women when they were in make-up, and the movie was full of racist and sexist undertones. There is no reason for a sequel.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 1:22pm
All of those visual errors are to blame Keenen Ivory Wayans.Like I said,it had bad directing,but I think it's good all together.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 4:24pm
We're all allowed to like a terrible movie here and there, but BO does not exempt a movie from BO. (That's Box Office, as in money, for the first BO, and body odor for the second). Again, look at Rotten Tomatoes top 10 Box Office on any given week, and there's generally 2-3 movies with a positive rating. My point being that in the United States at least, people have terrible, terrible taste in movies, in general.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>