Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > BASICALLY, IT STINKS, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sharon Stone’s MOMMIE DEAREST?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharon Stone’s MOMMIE DEAREST?!?!
    Posted: March 05 2007 at 6:25pm
Dude, check this out. I've been looking through about this movie and it shows some explanations of why it has been delayed for a long time. The film was delayed several times in pre-production in 2000 and 2001. Some of the largest problems were finding the right director and the right male lead. Eventually the production was dropped and the movie canceled. In June 2001, Sharon Stone filed a lawsuit against the movie's producers, Andrew G. Vajna and Mario Kassar, for being responsible for the delays and therefore making her unable to take other jobs. She filed for nearly $100 million in damages. Three years later, during her promotional tour for Catwoman (2004), she stated that she had dropped the charges and that Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction was back on track. Both Stone and the same producers were still making the film together. Stone ended up being nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for Catwoman (2004) before "winning" Worst Actress for this movie.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 2:52am

I read on Internet Movie Database that she got $13,600,000 for B-I-2

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, B-S-2 arose from a long-standing lawsuit that Sharon Stone filed against the original film's producers, with whom she had signed a "pay or play contract" in 1993. When a decade went by and B-S-2 still hadn't been made, Stone took them to court -- and won a $14 million settlement. Rather than flush that kind of money down the toilet, Carolco decided to produce the film, with an estimated budget of about $70 million...and in the process, lost more than 3 times what they've have had to forfeit if they'd just paid off Stone and walked away...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 5:59pm
Looking at the 100 Worst-Reviewed Films of All Time on Rotten Tomatoes, I saw that B-S-2 is #69 on the list...
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 2:44pm
Yet another of numerous insane decisions that caused Carolco to collapse by the mid 90s. I guess they can take solace in knowing that their logo (or at least the last one, with the blue laser tracing the C, which was the best one anyway) remains on all prints of the few films they did get into release... 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 12:24pm
At least there's not going to be another Basically, It Stinks sequel for sure.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 12:28pm
I was doing some research on the Internet, and saw that Sharon Stone has two more movies about to come out, already had one, ALPHA DOG, come out following the release of this movie, but before the 2006 nominees were announced. She also has one in post-production and another in pre-production.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:02pm
Funny thing: when I was watching this piece of crap I kept farting. My ass didn't like it! Note: this is based on a true story.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Funny thing: when I was watching this piece of crap I kept farting. My ass didn't like it! Note: this is based on a true story.

Yikes! Awkward!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123