Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > CHEAPER by the DOZEN, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

She killed Joan of Arcadia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She killed Joan of Arcadia
    Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:35am
You can't tell me that part of JOA's wasting at the hands of CBS was NOT the result of Lizzie McGuire injecting her lethal dose of mainstream poison into an otherwise decent show. If I didn't know better, I'd think seeing as how CBS went out of their way to bury JOA in their second season, that they sabotaged it by putting her on to turn their hardcore fans against it! 
northfolk View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote northfolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 1:25pm
I don't know about you, but whatever Hilary touches turns into instant crap. That's why she hasn't been in any "good" movies lately and its not really the scripts fault pfffft I can hardly blame the screenwriters for writing such trite scripts when they've casted a role for Hilary.
alexd View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote alexd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 8:47am
No it does not, whatever hilary touches, it turns to Gold. They took the show off, because it was borning and dull. Having hilary and haylie in it made it better.
E View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 9:44am
Thanks for mentioned Haylie. I was going to say that Hillary didn't ruined JOA. So did Hailey. Even when they had not so bad parts in the series. The just messed it up. But I have to say that The Beat of my Heart is a good song. A guilty pleasure, I must confess. Don't tell no one.
No you are wrong... View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote No you are wrong... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by alexd

No it does not, whatever hilary touches, it turns to Gold. They took the show off, because it was borning and dull. Having hilary and haylie in it made it better.

Wow.  Just wooooooooooooooooooow.   

That's all I can say.  That and this is EXACTLY why I have no faith in the entertainment industry today, and less in those who blindly consume whatever "it" boys/girls or shows it spoon-feeds them.

That's all, go on and enjoy your "non-dull and boring" teenybopper shows.  It's fun to imagine a world where everyone is blond and thin, and mysteriously, are not entertaining and can't act...isn't it? ;-) 

antihilary View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote antihilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:23pm

I definitely feel like some people are truly blind idiots when they worship a person with no talent. Let's not mix 'trash' with 'art' shall we? The word "Hilary" is a curse and an insult for anyone in the entertainment industry and to use it in the context that implies a positive connotation is simply wrong.

Here Are Some Uses for Hilary Duff in the appropriate context:

1. That movie was pointless because Hilary Duff was in it

2. I can't believe that you pulled another Hilary Duff on that scene, cut!!! Act professional, c'mon lets take it to the top again

3. Did the Duffinator release another dud lately?

Arrow View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:24pm
The media can literally brainwash people because nobody really thinks twice about what they see on the big screen. Seriously, if they put a monkey up there and promoted him as the hottest guy in the world, after awhile people would start to believe it.
dub View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 6:14pm
Meh, she's not necessarily a good actress, but I see some potential there.  She just needs to stop taking trash roles. 
Unfortunately, she has already kind of tarnished her acting career, but I can see her coming out of nowhere with a good performance in a different type role than what she has been doing. 
I think it's pointless to hate or have a negative preconception of her just because of your feeling towards that type of person ("teeny bopper" or whatever you want to label it).  I can understand if you dislike her acting in the movies she has been in thus far, but don't assume things based on your feelings towards her, because for some reason, an increasing amount of people think it's "cool" to hate Hilary Duff for no legitimate reason. 
 Post Reply Post Reply