Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SHE'S OUT of MY LEAGUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SHE'S OUT on a LIMB...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHE'S OUT on a LIMB...
    Posted: March 11 2010 at 6:14am
IS SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE MEANT to APPEAL to the KIND of GEEKY TEENS IT PORTRAYS...to the BULLIES WHO REGULARLY GIVE GEEKS WEDGIES, BROKEN GLASSES and DEFLATED EGOS...OR to BOTH GROUPS??  

WHOEVER the TARGET AUDIENCE IS, WE EXPECTED THEY WOULDN'T SHOW UP in THEATRES, and WON'T STUMBLE ALL OVER THEMSELVES to ADD THIS FILM to THEIR NETFLIX QUEUES NOW THAT IT's COME OUT on VIDEO (WHICH WAS BERRY QUICKLY). 

THE FILM'S ONE HOPE for REDEMPTION: MANY of the CRITICS WHO WOULD NORMALLY RIP a COOKIE-CUTTER TEEN ROM/COM LIKE THIS ONE to SHREDS WERE PROBABLY TEEN NERDS THEMSELVES ONCE, and THUS CUT IT SOME SLACK. 

BUT AS EVERYONE WHO'S READ ANY RECENT MEDIA ANALYSIS KNOWS, MOVIE CRITICS HAVE NEXT-to-NO INFLUENCE on TEEN-AGERS, SO EVEN FAIRLY GOOD REVIEWS DIDN'T BRING IT ANY BUSINESS. 

NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK at IT, LEAGUE LOOKS LIKELY to GET SCREWED...and NOT in a GOOD WAY.

"So...this is what it feels like to literally be Excess Baggage 
in the Worst Excuse for a Romantic Comedy category at 
next yeart's 31st Annual RAZZIES®..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2010 at 7:22am
I figured Remember Me would get the honors as Worst of the Weak, since it has the guy from Twilight in it... 
You think you know, but you have no idea.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2010 at 6:25pm
That's true, he is already a "Razzie offender," and I doubt Miguel would disagree with Remember Me as the choice.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 7:16am
Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb. . . .

That's five this year.  You'd think that if Sandra Bullock herself publicly swore off romantic comedies as nowadays being badly written, that everybody else would take notice.  Instead, we wind up with a year full of rom com bombs, along with all the remakes, ripoffs (one this week),  and sequels.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

That's five this year.
Are you really going to count the number of rom-coms that come out? That's like me counting every bad horror movie reboot or 80s movie remake. It just pisses you off more.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:14pm
He's right.Just because romantic comedy may be the worst genre right now,doesn't mean that the worst movies of the year will all be rom-coms.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Vits

He's right.Just because romantic comedy may be the worst genre right now,doesn't mean that the worst movies of the year will all be rom-coms.
I didn't mean that, I was just saying counting down the number of bad movies in a genre is just going to make you hate that genre even more. It's best to not pay attention to them at all. Or simply watch "When Harry Met Sally" while rocking back and forth in the fetus position and mumbling "Ah, when Hollywood rom-coms used to be good".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:55pm

The ideal would be that if you hate a group of movies of the same genre,you shouldn't hate the genre itself.But it's like when you hate a group of movies from the same director.You can't help of hating him/her.Although I guess that's'cuz there's no genre in which ev'ry movie is bad.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 2:04pm

The ideal would be that if you hate a group of movies of the same genre,you shouldn't hate the genre itself.But it's like when you hate a group of movies from the same director.You can't help of hating him/her.Although I guess that's'cuz there's no genre in which ev'ry movie is bad.

It's kinda hard to like a certain genre if the movies in that genre suck nine times out of ten.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 7:42am
That's true,but I doubt that this genre has 1/10 of good movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 9:08am
What do you think would be a more proper fraction?  

That's true,but I doubt that this genre has 1/10 of good movies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 12:45pm
I don't know,but I'm considerin'ev'ry rom-com in history.
kakucis View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kakucis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 7:39am
I really liked this movie! This is simple and yet funny. There are a few jokes that are not in other movies (at least I haven't seen them elsewhere).

Okay, the plot is not exciting, but this is romantic comedy, so don't expect Oscars or other awards. This is a movie you can watch for some good relaxation after a hard working week, and it's not meant for Oscars...    
Fast-Debrid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fast-Debrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 6:28pm
You're perfectly right!
I just this movie last week online when me and my girl friends had a sleepover at my house.
Tina opened this Fast-Debrid site, did the dl and we watched the flick.
We were so categorizing ourselves with MOlly! XP
It was funny esp. when they were getting it on and Molly's family just arrived. hahah!
I find Kirk's 'geekiness'...(can you believe it) cute? hihih!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 1:05pm
Skip to 01:55.

Thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply