Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > TWILIGHT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sink Your Teeth into This One...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sink Your Teeth into This One...
    Posted: November 23 2008 at 3:23pm

From what I've seen, the film appears to be somewhat overdirected; slavishly building up your hero in "he's a terrific guy" shots as seen a little more than was needed is about as redundant as repeatedly trying to win the audience's sympathy by having other characters say point blank that he's terrific before we've even met him/her. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

They've done "X-Men as teenagers" shows before as cartoons... More than once, I believe. I'm assuming it's something like that. But the way I imagine it, with that team mentioned behind it, it sounds like a couple of boys with superpowers saving their teenage girl superpowers, and vice versa, and everyone dates everyone. And that takes prominence over the whole point of the X-Men, with its overall theme of tolerance. 

Yes, I know of that series, but this is going to be LIVE ACTION. Here's the story.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/zap-schwartzxmenfirstclass ,0,4852557.story?track=rss

Back to the Movie Preview Critic, he does make an excellent point. Studios are just looking for a movie to be the big payoff of the year, and then they leech on it for as long as they can. And rather than taking chances on original ideas, they go with remakes, sequels, and adaptations with proven fanbases. But sadly, somewhere along the ride, they mess up big time and the final product sucks. 

PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 12:06pm

Say what? We don't like this piece of dreck, with Mr. Emo Anne Rice-esque poser vampire, and that's an indictment of all horror movies in general?

Frankly, this movie is an insult to the horror genre -- UGH! And that's if you even seriously consider it to be horror - I don't.

You're clearly clueless and ignorant, bub.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Wow, you're stereotyping horror movies as bad.  I'm not surprised.  I know you guys don't take kindly to horror flicks, but to criticize one that has a lot of anticipation, I ought to give you a piece of my mind:  You are so corrupt! You hardly ever change your opinions once you put a forum up.  You stereotype films based on their genre, cast, or crew.  Every time certain genres, actors/actresses, or directors/screenwriters come up with a new movie, you post a forum on the film and make it a Razzie prospect, no matter what. 

You should televise your Movie Awards of the Damned so everyone can see how corrupt you guys are!    

Damn you all! 

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 6:35pm
Meh... I don't think you can really call it a horror movie JUST because there's vampires in it.
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 2:02am
It's not a horror movie. Wasn't that obvious? Wasn't it obvious it was a romance between a human and a vampire?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:46am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's not a horror movie. Wasn't that obvious? Wasn't it obvious it was a romance between a human and a vampire?

Yeah, just because vampires are part of the story, that doesn't mean it's horror. It's just a chick flick with vampires in it. It's to make 14 year old girls all dreamy eyed over the male leads. Same as "Underworld" is an action movie that just happens to have vampires and werewolves in it; it's not meant to be scary. I think we finally agree on something, stupid people who jump the gun and claim something to be a certain gerne just because it has classic motifs from a certain gerne. Anyone who calls "Underworld" the worst horror movie ever had no idea what they we paying to see in the first place: just a guilty pleasure action flick.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 6:57am

I like it when people who argue with each other finally agree on something different. This rarely happens to me on IMDb!

Anyway, I liked Underworld 2 better because it had more action. Stupid reason, I guess, but action is the only entertainment I got out from those movies. I never cared about the plot.

Originally posted by Michaels

Yeah, just because vampires are part of the story, that doesn't mean it's horror. It's just a chick flick with vampires in it. It's to make 14 year old girls all dreamy eyed over the male leads. Same as "Underworld" is an action movie that just happens to have vampires and werewolves in it; it's not meant to be scary. I think we finally agree on something, stupid people who jump the gun and claim something to be a certain gerne just because it has classic motifs from a certain gerne. Anyone who calls "Underworld" the worst horror movie ever had no idea what they we paying to see in the first place: just a guilty pleasure action flick.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 8:44am

Ya know, since we're off subject anyway, I feel like bringing this up... I liked Underworld 1 and 2, but I STILL can't get over the whole vampires using guns thing. I mean, it just seems silly to me in the first place, but especially in Underworld 2, the guns do NOTHING... She just sits there shooting and shooting and the guy isn't even phased. I just pisses me off to no end. I'm hearing that if they actually ever make Underworld 3, it's going to be set in the past pre-Kate Beckinsdale in the middle ages, so I think that could actually be kinda cool. Maybe.

Originally posted by Michaels

-Iron helps us play-
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 9:17am

Exactly! I saw Twilight last weekend, and it was as bad as everyone said. Basically, if you though Peter Parker's evil side from Spider-Man 3 was chill inducing, you should see Twilight. The two characters are oh-so pathetic and glum, they register more as glorified Hot Topic stereotypes than real people. It was such a depressing film, even when it tried to bounce off the screen. So much for Kristen Stewart's breakout role (Adventureland, however, is over the horizon; it's directed by Superbad director Greg Motolla). For the people who like this, High School Musical, and Hannah Montana: Good luck finding someone else to find your questionable taste of everything pop culture, because you're gonna wind up as lonely and pathetic as Edward and Bella.

Originally posted by PopcornAvenger

Say what? We don't like this piece of dreck, with Mr. Emo Anne Rice-esque poser vampire, and that's an indictment of all horror movies in general?

Frankly, this movie is an insult to the horror genre -- UGH! And that's if you even seriously consider it to be horror - I don't.

You're clearly clueless and ignorant, bub.

Wow, you're stereotyping horror movies as bad.  I'm not surprised.  I know you guys don't take kindly to horror flicks, but to criticize one that has a lot of anticipation, I ought to give you a piece of my mind:  You are so corrupt! You hardly ever change your opinions once you put a forum up.  You stereotype films based on their genre, cast, or crew.  Every time certain genres, actors/actresses, or directors/screenwriters come up with a new movie, you post a forum on the film and make it a Razzie prospect, no matter what. 

You should televise your Movie Awards of the Damned so everyone can see how corrupt you guys are!    

Damn you all! 

You think you know, but you have no idea.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 3:03pm

Okay, maybe this isn't exactly a horror flick (despite the elements). 

CW, Comedy Central, Disney, and other pop culture channel induced movies are getting out of hand and going out of style.  HSM3's theatrical release jumped the shark, Hannah Montana's wrapped up Worst Excuse for a Documentary (if you have that category), Twilight's already getting Teen Choice Award nods, The Women mixes Days of Our Lives with total chaos, What Happens in Vegas puts Sin City into a bad position, College Road Trip is That's So Raven in hell, and Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie ended the careers of MadTV's cast.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 5:21pm

Yeah, "Underworld 2" was just a fun excuse to watch Beckinsale run around in a skin-tight outfit and shoot to werewolves left and right. I guess if you can't kill your enemies at close range, even a vampire needs a gun then. "UW 3" will suck through, 1. because of the lack of Beckinsale, the only silver lining to the series, and 2. it looks more like "Twilight" with an R rating. 

Ya know, since we're off subject anyway, I feel like bringing this up... I liked Underworld 1 and 2, but I STILL can't get over the whole vampires using guns thing. I mean, it just seems silly to me in the first place, but especially in Underworld 2, the guns do NOTHING... She just sits there shooting and shooting and the guy isn't even phased. I just pisses me off to no end. I'm hearing that if they actually ever make Underworld 3, it's going to be set in the past pre-Kate Beckinsdale in the middle ages, so I think that could actually be kinda cool. Maybe.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 5:56pm

As hot as Beckinsale is, Bill Nighy has also been doing a lot for me in that series, albeit in a different sort of way. He's just been one of the most bad-ass sorta vampires, in Viktor, that I've ever seen. Great delivery!

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 3:44pm

I had the time of my life with "College Road Trip." I found it immensly entertaining and I know I'm watching a movie that isn't trying to do anything but to entertain people. I laughed (out loud, actually) at the very stupid jokes. I guess I was in a light mood that time because, well, it was such an uplifting film and I laughed the whole way through. I was literally high when the credits started rolling. And that random singing sequence, although I would pull a "WTF" moment if I were to watch another movie, I enjoyed too.

Okay, maybe this isn't exactly a horror flick (despite the elements). 

CW, Comedy Central, Disney, and other pop culture channel induced movies are getting out of hand and going out of style.  HSM3's theatrical release jumped the shark, Hannah Montana's wrapped up Worst Excuse for a Documentary (if you have that category), Twilight's already getting Teen Choice Award nods, The Women mixes Days of Our Lives with total chaos, What Happens in Vegas puts Sin City into a bad position, College Road Trip is That's So Raven in hell, and Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie ended the careers of MadTV's cast.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 1:48am

Where I work, I am actually FORCED to watch "That's So Raven" on Saturdays...and the experience is PA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AINFUL! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am curious -- Where do you work that you are forced to watch 'tween TV fare on the job??  

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 5:21am

Oh yes, watching any of the live action Disney 'tween shows (Raven, Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody, etc.) for more than a minute is painful. Such B-A-D acting and writing! Makes me wish there was an "Emmy edition" of the Razzies -- those series would sweep every year! 

Where I work, I am actually FORCED to watch "That's So Raven" on Saturdays...and the experience is PA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AINFUL!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 6:10am

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am curious -- Where do you work that you are forced to watch 'tween TV fare on the job??  

I work at an ABC affiliated TV station. On Saturdays, I work in the back and have to roll the commercial breaks for Saturday Morning shows. xP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>