Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sked for 33rd RAZZIES/85th Oscars in 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sked for 33rd RAZZIES/85th Oscars in 2013
    Posted: December 16 2008 at 5:49pm
Saturnwatcher, many turkeys don't even cross the Atlantic! I have never heard of so many movies you listed here, but if that doesn't matter, hell, how do I join? 
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 6:08pm
Right here on the forums, the very first one listed is called "essential Razzie info." By clicking on that one, you'll find another discussion link that will provide you with the necessary information. I believe there is also a link on the main page. In any event, the process is pretty easy and entirely painless...apart from coughing up the dues.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 6:11pm

Damn!  Then I will be a Razzie judge? That's great, so cool. And it will not be considered corruption of the results if I don't even get to see all the suggestions? And may I also make some nominations of my own? You know what I mean... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Our Nominating Ballot DOES feature a place for "Write In(s)" in EVERY category so, technically, yes -- You could "make some nominations" of your own...   

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 6:24pm
These are the offers I am interested in:

• Razzie Supporting Member – $250.00
    • Add up to 25 NAMES of friends, co-workers, etc. to The RAZZIE Membership/Mailing List, PLUS: Acknowledgment in the RAZZIE Program (or Guaranteed Anonymity, if desired).
  • LIFETIME Membership – $500.00
    • Add 55 NAMES of friends, co-workers, etc. to The RAZZIE Membership/Mailing List, Acknowledgment in the RAZZIE Program(or Guaranteed Anonymity, if desired)
  • Would that mean that if I find another 25 / 55 people "who share my taste" then I would have something like 25/55 votes? I must admit that this is VERY tempting...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The one proviso being that, if you submitted multiple ballots, they would need to be either e-mailed from individual e-addresses and/or "snail mailed" with a verifiable return address on each envelope. A few years back, we were forced to refund someone's $500 Lifetime Membership fee when they tried a blatant ballot-stuffing scam in an apparent attempt to "win" a Vegas betting pool regarding the RAZZIES®... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 1:58am

I hope the pool prize was more than $500

Incidentally, Queen, you always have the option of not casting a vote in a particular category if you do not feel well enough informed on the slate of nominees.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 4:32am
    So, could then anybody tell me how this works? For instance what are ballots? Could anybody explain to me in an idiotproof way the proceedings step by step?
    I repeat my questions: Let's say I buy the $ 250 / $500 offer: Does that mean that I can actually invite others who share my taste and invite them to vote?
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 8:19am

There are two ballots that go out each year. The first ballot has a rather lengthy list of nominees in each category, and you'll vote for a few in each category. You will then send that preliminary ballot back to Head Razz

From that vote, Head Razz will compile the top 5 in each category, and a ballot with those names, the final ballot, will be sent out. You will only vote for one candidate in each category, and the top vote receipient is the Razzie winner.

Head Razz is better qualified to answer the final question, but you'll likely be required to provide a name and address for the person you want to ballot to go to. I suppose that in theory, you might be able to persuade those people to vote for whom you wish, but I wouldn't count on that.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 11:39am
    I am waiting for the response of HeadRAZZ. Suppose I get that special offer for 25/55 votes, then I am also nominating the ballots?
    SW, I wouldn't be so sure that I don't find enough people who support the same agenda as I do. I don't ask for much you know.
    HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
    Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 3:01am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Saturnwatcher got the basics right -- Each year, current RAZZIE® Members get to vote on two ballots. The first is a Nominating Ballot, listing a dozen or so likely choices in each of our catgegories. On this ballot, Members are asked to vote for no more than five in each category (and are allowed to write-in choices they feel we've overlooked).  From those results, our actual nominations are determined. The second, Final Ballot, then goes out several weeks before our ceremonies to determine who the final "winners" are.

I should also mention that this year's Nominating Ballot has already been "snail mailed" to our current foreign Members, and has a return deadline of JANUARY 10, 2009. 

On your question of the additional Memberships that the $250 and $500 Member levels entitle you to: To protect the integrity of our process, you would need to be able to prove that each of those ballots was cast by an individual other than yourself and was thus a valid, tabulatable vote. The last thing we want to do is reenact Florida's 2000 Presidential debacle... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 2:16am
    I received my nominating ballot yesterday. Once again, I think Head Razz did a very good job with it. There were some rather interesting omissions, but considering how competitive all the categories were this year, that isn't surprising.
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 12:37pm
    I apologise for probably being such a blowhard. But I talked to several online friends and they suggested strongly against this move of mine. They think that I would be discovered by $cientology and be fair gamed. They told me not to buy any votes.
    I am sorry, HeadRazz. It's not that I grudge you the money. Certainly not. Besides, Tommy Gurl deserves much more than a Razzie and I am among the first to speak it out. However, my friends say it's too dangerous. They say that I take the risk of being discovered.
    I still hope that all of you Razzie Heads have a great Christmas. I hope you enjoy giving your votes and have your fun without me this time. Maybe next year, when my membership would be less conspicious, I will join the great heaven of Razzie judges. Until then...
    Big hugs.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2008 at 1:40am

To the best of my knowledge, Scientologists don't spend a lot of time reviewing the membership roles of the Razzies, so I'd guess your membership isn't going to draw a lot of attention.

Second, if the Scientologists had hit squads out there tracking down their most vocal detractors, I'd have to be pretty high on their hit list, both from my comments here and in numerous public forums. To date, I haven't noticed that I'm being stalked by religious fanatics of any flavor. So I wouldn't worry much about joining us.

When I feel like blasting someone or something in public, George W. Bush, Peewee Herman, Republicans in general and Scientology are all well peppered targets.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2008 at 4:05am

I am worried about the international money transfer. You know, saturnwatcher, the clams would really like to know who I am. Why, I have my personal $cieno trolls on imdb. And look at my entrances on the Valqueerie forum and on Tommy Gurl. I mean, I have been practicing this for some time now.
    I believe that the moment Tommy Gurl gets nominated for Valqueerie they will be all over this board. What are your estimations on this? What has been your experience?

Damn! Would I love to vote for "the eye patch movie" for Worst Picture and Darth Twinky von Stauffenberg as Worst Actor!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2008 at 9:53am

We've blasted Cruise regularly on this board, and I've taken numerous potshots at Scientology here and elsewhere. To date, there has been no significant defense effort from members of the church or fans of Tommyboy. 

Stallone's fanbase tends to be much quicker to attempt to jump to his defense, but of course, it is difficult to advance much of an argument when one is limited to monosyllabic postings. Personally, I'd love to get some Scientologists on this board attempting to defend their weird beliefs...not that they are all that much more preposterous than those of most of the more traditional faiths, but they make some claims that are scientifically testable, which could provide for some amusing exchanges. 

Michaels View Drop Down
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
    RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2008 at 1:55pm

By the way, is there any chance there will be a bonus Worst Studio category on the final voting ballot?  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
    HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 5:44am
    RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Maybe next year -- With the special Worst Career Achievement Award expected to take about twice as long as any of our usual categories, there simply wasn't time in our ceremony for yet another award this year... 
    Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>