Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sked for 33rd RAZZIES/85th Oscars in 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sked for 33rd RAZZIES/85th Oscars in 2013
    Posted: January 04 2008 at 11:47am

Isn't Magicopolis the place you held the Razzies the year Tom Green showed up -- and wouldn't get off the stage??

Hopefully, that bodes well for Lindsay Lohan (as if there's any question she will "win" Worst Actress) maybe showing up to accept her well-deserved DIShonor. Who nose -- She might even show up SOBER! 

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 2:56pm

Tom Green got his Razzies for Freddy Got Fingered at The Abra-Cadabra Theatre on March 23rd, 2002. Maybe they changed the name since then??

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, it is the same place we held The 22nd Annual RAZZIES® when Tom Green showed up.The Abra-Cadabra Theatre is the name of the stage facitlity inside of Magicopolis, where we'll be holding our "winners" announcements. We use the name "Magicolpolis" since that's what's on the marquee facing the street... 

CAmovieFAN View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CAmovieFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 4:56am
There should be a Razzie for TV. On The Lot would be a huge winner.
signed,
Tony
XmasWnd4WrstPic View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote XmasWnd4WrstPic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:08pm
This is truly unjust. If people actually watched Christmas in Wonderland...then they'd realize how deserving it was of Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Actor, and Worst Special Effects.
Christmas in Wonderland didn't get a single Razzie nomination. Truly tragic.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2008 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by XmasWnd4WrstPic

This is truly unjust. If people actually watched Christmas in Wonderland...then they'd realize how deserving it was of Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Actor, and Worst Special Effects.

Actually, much like Farce of the Penguins, this movie falls victim to Razzie Award rules. Christmas In Wonderland was not released in the U.S., and in fact, the only country where it did get a wide theatrical release was Russia! It managed to take in a little over half a million dollars. As close as I can determine, it was scheduled to open in 5 U.S. cities in November, but didn't actually open in any of them.  It appears that it's headed for DVD release in the U.S., probably sometime in the next few months.

If I'm not mistaken, a film has to be released in theaters in at least 3 major U.S. cities (usually L.A., New York and Chicago) prior to the end of the year in order to be Oscar eligible and the Razzies follow the same standard...Mr. Wilson can correct me on this point if I am in error. Sadly, this disqualifies the two utterly deserving 2007 films listed above.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 6:27am
Should I have my final ballot already?
bluegreyx View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bluegreyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 5:21am

As the Oscars might not be held, I think you could invite the stars to your awards night, with a tagline: "All blinged up...and no place to go?"

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:53am
Key Dates Announced for 81st Academy Awards (LINK)
Source: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
April 14, 2008

The 81st Annual Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 22, 2009, Academy President Sid Ganis announced today.

The ceremony will again take place at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network.

Key dates currently scheduled are:

Monday, December 1, 2008: Official Screen Credits forms due
Friday, December 26, 2008: Nominations ballots mailed
Monday, January 12, 2009: Nominations polls close 5 p.m. PT
Thursday, January 22, 2009: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m. PT, Samuel Goldwyn Theater
Wednesday, January 28, 2009: Final ballots mailed
Monday, February 2, 2009: Nominees Luncheon
Saturday, February 7, 2009: Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards presentation
Tuesday, February 17, 2009: Final polls close 5 p.m. PT
Sunday, February 22, 2009: 81st Annual Academy Awards presentation

moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 3:42pm

I'm really hoping the ceremonies will be held in the evening. I work a graveyard shift and just can't make those 10 AM shows. I have missed some of the Razzie Awards because of that. If it's at night, count me in for the next one! 

Fred Cooper
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2008 at 7:10am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry:  In addition to the date of our ceremonies (Saturday, February 21, 2009) we now know that they will be held in the evening once again. We have negotiated the venue, but contractually will not be permitted to publicize it until near the end of the year... 

We will keep you posted via this Forum as our plans progress... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 4:30am

NEWS FLASH from Head RAZZberry:  We are working at finalizing several sponsor/tie-in deals for this year's show.

Once the details are fully worked out, we'll post them here... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 1:52am

Are they products related to what we're about, like Shout, Simple Green, Drano, Liquid Plumber and Ti-D-Bowl? . . .

Response from Head RAZZberry: You forgot "Beano"!! 

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 1:09am

We will be doing a formal press conference to announce our 2008 RAZZIE® Nominees --  It'll be held in Hollywood, the morning of Wednesday, January 21 (the day before they unveil the nominees for the Little Gold Naked Man® Awards). 

More details to come, as they are finalized... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 6:08am
The organizers of The Little Gold Naked Man awards have announced that this year's Oscar® host will be Auzzie idol Hugh Jackman. Here's a LINK to read coverage of why Jackman was chosen in People Magazine (which recently named him "Sexiest Man Alive")...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Why not just cough up the membership fee and join us? It's not that expensive, and loads of fun.

Saturnwatcher, I have no problem with the membership fee. However, I would feel like cheating because I don't get to see all the films, let alone in time. I mean, I would love to vote - everybody knows for whom and why.
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 3:29pm

Since most of the studios are more likely to release their real "dogs" early in the year and their "Oscar Baiters" late, it's fairly easy and inexpensive to see most of the nominated films. But, I dare say that the majority of our members probably don't see all of the nominated films or performances. However, this board can serve as an excellent source, and by participating regularly you can get a pretty good feel for who knows their stuff and who is just around blowing smoke. So, by all means, join us -- and batter Ole Tom all you want.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>