Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Slot Machine...or SLUT Machine?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slot Machine...or SLUT Machine?!?!?
    Posted: May 04 2008 at 12:57pm

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS DOES ACHIEVE ONE MOVIE FIRST: IT'S THE FIRST MOVIE WHOSE TITLE IS BASED on an AD SLOGAN for a TOURIST ATTRACTION. IT'S CERTAINLY NOT the FIRST TRULY AWFUL MOVIE SET in VEGAS SINCE SHOWGIRLS -- BUT IT LOOKS NEARLY as DENSE as THAT 1995 RAZZIE® CLASSIC.

STARRING TWO "ACTORS" WHOSE CAREERS ARE ALMOST ENTIRELY ABOUT THEIR LOOKS, WHAT HAPPENS ALSO HAPPENS to HAVE ONE of the MOST IRKSOME AD CAMPAIGNS in RECENT MEMORY: IF AUDIENCES DO FLOCK to THIS ONE, HOLLYWOOD's NOTION THAT MOVIE-GOERS DESERVE the CRAP THAT THEY'VE BEEN SPOON-FEEDING US of LATE MAY BE JUSTIFIED. 

NOW, PUT YOUR MOUTH WHERE the MONEY IS, and POST YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW...

KUTCHER, 3 MONTHS from NOW: "Oh, my God, remember that sh*tty movie we made in Vegas? It's already available on Pay-Per-View!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:29pm
This looks awful! Ass-ton Kutcher is one of the most annoying people alive, and Cameron Diaz is savagely over-rated...   
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 4:55am

Zach Galifianakis is in this movie, which makes me really want to like it. Yet, it just looks so hopeless. I feel that I cannot bust on this one appropriately because of my fondness for this cast member.

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 6:41am
Let's not forget the fabulous Queen Latifah, who should be safe (even though she was in "Mad Money").   
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:06am

I've seen trailers and it looks like an absolute mess. Whenever you see Ashton Kutcher's in a movie, you know that it's not going to be any good!

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 12:23pm
I'm looknig forward to this movie. I love crazy comedies like these.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 1:08pm
Gee, big surprise; moviewizguy's looking forward to an awful looking movie.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 5:45am

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Gee, big surprise; moviewizguy's looking forward to an awful looking movie.

The One constant in our little Razzie Universe! Although it looks like Speed Racer may tie with it, at this point Vegas is getting slightly better reviews than Speed Racer.

My prediction is to look for Iron Man taking the #1 slot again this weekend by a respectable distance between Speed Racer and way ahead of Vegas!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 9:27am
Awful looking? It looks hilariously entertaining! 2 great and funny actors? Put them together and you get a very funny film (hopefully)!
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 11:45am

Here's a WTF moment: W.H.I.V. currently has a rating of 70% (Fresh) on RT!  It's only based on 10 reviews though, so things could change.

But Speed Racer definitely deserves the page it got here.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 1:26am
One thing I find oft galling is how Hollywood, through productions like this, seems to encourage shallow relationships among its viewers, urging them to think it's fun to have spats because you can't agree with anything your other says.  In the REAL real world, there's little if anything amusing (or even entertaining) about a broken, meaningless relationship.  Marriage is meant to be fulfilling, meant to be forever.  And they are telling future generations, through this kind of material, that such a sacred union is cheap, useless and not to be taken with any solemnity at all...  
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 4:14am
Well at this point it has a 64% Fresh Rating at RT, but with it have only 14 reviews thus far that can easily change buy Friday. Also the reviews that they give as fresh do not seem all that flattering , Anyways it looks like SPeedracer is going to take the crown as worst new offering as of right now (24% currently at RT).

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 5:05pm

With 39 reviews, WHIV is now back down to 36% rotten.  Not quite as low as it should be, but it's on par with a number of the movies we're considering this year.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 5:07pm
I just noticed the "HIV" in the abbreviation of What Happens in Vegas title. 
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 4:22am
Well at this point this has a 28% Rating at RT, So it should slightly be above Speed Racer. This should be no big surprise -- unless of course you're MovieWizGuy and you think the industry is purposely alienating Ashton and Cameron.

Words to live by:
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 8:55am
It's now lower than "Speed Racer" -- YAY! Take that Ass-Face Kutcher!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>