Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > DEVIL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So Satan Walks into This Elevator...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Satan Walks into This Elevator...
    Posted: September 14 2010 at 6:14pm
Looks like MWG may have a "fan" on the IMDb -- Could somebody explain this to me?:  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0796117/board/thread/170635894

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 7:57pm
It's not just MWG and me who fight about everything -- It's MWG ... and ANYONE here who is aware of what a good movie is!  

And on the subject of that MWG thread on the IMDb that Vits mentioned above: Maybe it's A love letter to MWG from another armchair critic who wouldn't know what a good movie is if one bit him in the face?

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 8:30pm
I don't even know who he/she is. It's pretty creepy. He/she's been following me around for a couple of days already. I've always wondered what it would be like to be in a Fatal Attraction situation. Now I know why they say "Be careful what you wish for!"  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2010 at 12:24pm
This film holds the distinction of being the only new release this week not being screened in advance for critics.  If they do eventually see it, they probably won't be impressed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2010 at 1:09pm
It seems that MWG's campy fandom for MNS has lead to his having a "campy" fan of his own!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2010 at 1:12pm
Yeah, that's usually how not letting the critics view a movie works...  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

This film holds the distinction of being the only new release this week not being screened in advance for critics.  If they do eventually see it, they probably won't be impressed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 8:47am
The reactions from Twitter are pretty positive so far. It's much better than the reactions from TLA, where half of the people loved it and half of the people hated it:

whosethatgal: Movie "Devil" ain't bad to watch... surprise twist in the plot & scary scenes.

FarahBella: The movie Devil was crap! Piranha was worst! My god! Ghaaaa! Im so angry!

quekbel: Buddy said tat 'Devil' is a thrilling movie w a twist. Should I watch?

simontay78: Just saw the movie "The Devil" oh man this time the director nails it!!! Suspense, thriller, horror and mystery are all there! >_<

CindyClarissaA: Devil was a really good movie! You guys should catch it! =)

sweetsueann: Devil. A good movie with a simple storyline. 

OD_TheBigB: The movie: Devil is good but is very disgusting...haha...dun dare take lift anymore..

xiaomann: I swear I won't take the lift later. Cos I just watched devil the movie just now. No, won't be taking lift for sometime..

UNICKIQUE: Devil, the movie , was nice.

zane_riza: Just finished watching M.Night's 'Devil'. Ppl trapped in lift. Bloody. Not cool. Take stairs next time. By the way, scary movie!

chucksexified: Devil is the best movie I've watched after Inception this year. Kudos to M. Night! :)

suazzer: #Devil movie - xslent, gr8 thrills, clever horror n suspense. Shyamalan got tis right

IMJulioFuerte: great movie #devil a #mustsee

thesavvy: #Devil isn't scary, but it is a fun psychological thriller that I enjoyed. Is it good? Ask me after I see it a second time, which I will.

And a review: http://www.aprilfy.com/2010/09/movie-review-devil.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 10:45am

IMDB, Twitter, yeah, these are creditable movie review sites. Ermm  Can't wait until the REAL critics get a look at it! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

IMDB, Twitter, yeah, these are creditable movie review sites. Ermm  Can't wait until the REAL critics get a look at it! 

FYI, box office analysts actually look at Twitter to predict how successful a film will be. For example, Bruno got horrid, horrid reactions from Twitter and guess what happened. It dropped like 70% in its second week. Since it's not screened to the critics, this really is the best that we've gotten so far to judge how good the movie is. Obviously, people do like the movie. Currently, the best review I can find is from a reviewer I think is really credible. He HATED TLA and MNS's past few films but I don't see how that has anything to do with his overall opinion but here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJYV1dEs0a8&feature=sub

And here's another: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/894300/reviews/?movie=771203480
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 2:09pm
Moviewizguy -- Enough already!! Seriously! I know you all think I should agree with him for defending Night constantly, but I don't.  

There are many aspects that show what's wrong today with judging a movie, and his constant remarks on movies that haven't been released are unfair pre-judgements, even if he says positive things. IMDB and R.T have had user comments(not reviews)from people saying how it will be. The same thing happened to THIS IS IT! where people said things like "This is gonna suck" or "Why would I pay to see a child rapist for 2 hours?"  

Another thing is that even though I like his movies I can see why others don't. Rather than being in denial, you should just accept that the majority gives the final ruling. There are movies that have an unfair concensus based on the wrong things and I admit that was the case of UNBREAKABLE(they always compared it to THE 6TH SENSE)and THE VILLAGE(because of The Rule Of 3 the 4th movie was always meant to fail).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 2:52pm
I find this all very amusing...as we all are aware, MWG lives in a universe where M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong sh*ts gold bricks (pardon my French). But the rest of us are somewhat more capable of analyzing scat. And, yes, I'd definitely put a lot of faith in what I read on Twitter....as we all know, if a lot of people go see something, it must be good!  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 3:47pm

There's something unfortunate about this movie that I must tell you: I don't know if you are aware of this, but 'Devil' is actually Part 1 of a three part movie series called 'The Night Chronicles', a series of supernatural films produced by M Night Shyamalan.  The next part of the series, titled 'Reincarnate', is in production and is set to be released in 2012.

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 5:02pm
After this movie, will production on "the trilogy" still be continue?  Then again, Cartoon Network is still doing more live action programming, regardless of ratings...I think M. Night may still make those other turds films.

Also, when it comes to MovieWizGuy, I usually just ignore him.  Besides, I wonder if he really thinks those movies are great, or if he just does that to annoy people.  You know, it's like having Cool Whip on your pie.  

There's something unfortunate about this movie that I must tell you: I don't know if you are aware of this, but 'Devil' is actually Part 1 of a three part movie series called 'The Night Chronicles', a series of supernatural films produced by M Night Shyamalan.  The next part of the series, titled 'Reincarnate', is in production and is set to be released in 2012.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 5:40pm
I'm sorry. I don't really care.  

Originally posted by Vits

Enough,Moviewizguy!Seriously!I know you all think I should agree with him for defending Night constantly,but I don't.

There are many aspects that show what's wrong today with judging a movie,and his constant remarks on movies that haven't been released are unfair pre-judgement,even if he says positive things.IMDB and R.T have had user comments(not reviews)from people saying how it will be.The same thing happen to THIS IS IT! where people said things like "This is gonna suck" or "Why would I pay to see a child rapist for 2 hours?".

The entire point of The Night Chronicles is to give up and coming (potential) filmmakers the chance to break out. 3 films, one each year, so Reincarnate will actually come out in 2011. The writer of Buried is writing the script and the director of The Last Exorcism is attached to direct it. Seeing how Buried is one of the most talked about films at the TIFF and seeing how critics were in love with TLE, it's probably going to end up being a good movie, just like the case with this film. I know you feel the need to shout blasphemy at everything MNS is involved with but he actually seeks out talented people to make the movie. You shouldn't judge a film by the attached producer.  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I find this all very amusing...as we all are aware, MWG lives in a universe where M. Night Shamalamadingdong sh*ts gold bricks (pardon my French) and the rest of us are somewhat more capable of analyzing scat. Yes, I'd definitely put a lot of faith in stuff I read on Twitter....and as we all know, just because a lot of people go see something, it must be good.

Must I say this 1000 times? MNS is only the producer. You're all giving him too much credit when other talented people are behind this movie. I remember you said you liked Hard Candy. Feeling the need to repeat this, the writer of Hard Candy wrote the script for this film.

Originally posted by Berrynoia

Also, when it comes to MovieWizGuy, I usually just ignore him.  Besides, I wonder if he really thinks those movies are great, or if he just does that to annoy people.  You know, it's like having Cool Whip on your pie.

Yeah, because annoying people is the greatest thing to do. /sarcasm  
Morbid Angel View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morbid Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 6:05pm
Maybe this'll be "M"'s big turnaround movie...?  People have mentioned that this looks kind of scary, so it's already a damn sight better than Airbender & The Happening.  I was pretty damn positive that nothing could've been suckier than Lady in the Water, but ya know what?  He proves he's a man of surprises and probably released The Happening just to prove me wrong and make me look like a tool for thinking that Lady was his worst possible.

Soooo then... Devil has to be slightly more engaging than a piece of old toast to be better than Lady in the Water.  Hell, "M" could release a documentary on shoemaking subtitled in Cyrillic and it would be better than Lady.  I'm probably not gonna pay to see Devil unless it plays at the $3 theatre here (the Regency, which gets movies about a month late), since I think playing a guessing game with $9.50 is better served at buying lunch rather than a possible boxoffice disaster.  Even out of Morbid curiosity.
Don't get me wrong, I love The Crow... except for a single part where the Asian chick goes "I like the pretty light..." in this bizarre way, I get chills every time I hear it... it's just awful...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 6:19pm
1. Thanks, Vits, for not being the total MNS groupie that MWG, who thinks ANYTHING he touches is gold, when in fact he lost his golden touch 6 years ago (or earlier than that).

2. Oh yeah, Twitter is like THEE source to guess how well a movie will do at the box office. Also, I hear strippers are great judges of how the stock market will do on a daily basis, according to some surveys their Wall Street clients gave them. 

3. Oh goodie, two more turds, er, movies for movie-goers to boo once MNS's name appears on screen! And seeing how producers have ALOT of influence over the movies they work on, yes, you CAN judge a movie by who produces it, ie. all the horror movie remakes produced by Michael Bay.

4. The theory of MWG just being a troll has been mentioned before. He might deny it, but considering how he goes out of his way to defend EVERYTHING listed on this forum, he's either really is a troll, or he just has no clue what a good movie is!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>