Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > DEVIL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So Satan Walks into This Elevator...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Satan Walks into This Elevator...
    Posted: September 21 2010 at 9:21pm
Ouch, and that's coming from a man who works (or worked?) in the business!  

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I don't know if y'all had noticed, but I haven't been around as much as I used to be, which has much more to do with my general despair in the movie industry, and movies seem so soulless, that there's rarely reason to comment.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 9:33pm

dEd Grimley, I hope you'll stay for the O-Ten RAZZIES, because for me, that's the main event of every winter. That and the season kickoff of South Park (finale in November 2011 unless contract renewed). Even then, I go into most Octobers thinking there's a shortage of good movies from the previous 9 months, until the good movies start coming in November. 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 12:56pm
The main event of every winter --  More so than the Super Bowl?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 3:13pm

I should've told you: I wouldn't go to the high school football games if it weren't for my underclassmen.

Indeed I anticipate the RAZZIES, OSCARS, Golden Globes, and BAFTAs more so than the S(beep)er Bowl. What's the worst that it says about me?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 6:42pm
It says that you care about art, and what the best and worst movies of the year are, rather than wasting 3 or 4 hours of your life watching a bunch of 'roid-filled cavemen chase after a pigskin ball.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 8:47pm
Pretty good point there, Mr. Burn. I don't even like the sport of football much at all; I've heard that those who play it too much suffer decades-delayed physical trauma, which often literally kills them.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 11:42am
LoL! I'm pretty sure I'm paid through this next round of Razzies, so I'll definitely be around for at least that much. Not sure if I'm going to re-renew, but I probably will. But srsly, I'd Razz almost everything out these days. And I'm not all that crotchety of an old man...just yet.  
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 9:04am
Hang in there dEd, things might get better, you never know. Or, I could just be filling you with false hope.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 2:26pm
I can't believe it took so long fo R.T. to give this a concensus.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Vits

I can't believe it took so long fo R.T. to give this a concensus.
Wow, the studios really, really, REALLY went out of their way to make sure critics didn't see it. I don't blame them!
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 1:46pm
Going down!
Thomas Dickensheets
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by tdickensheets

Going down!
M. Night's career? Oh yeah!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 3:32pm
The really sad thing is that now, he is looking for young directors to drag down the toilet with him.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

The really sad thing is that now, he is looking for young directors to drag down the toilet with him.
Pretty much. It's like "my career is in a coma, so I'll just leech off of whatever promising career you might have had!".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 1:33pm
Don't you just love self-parody?

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/08/26/m-night-shyamalan-penthouse-pet-ryan-keely-devil-trailer-parody-escalation

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 7:01pm
I just saw it and gave it 6/10.Review coming soon.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Yeah, shouldn't the Devil be hanging out at, say, Wall Street or in Washington DC (or even Hollywood) instead? More than enough lost (or greedy) souls in those places!
Although not explained in the movie,it's obvious.People die every day in any country,but not at the same time.And they're not all evil souls.In the universe of the movie,the devil goes after those souls one by one,or in this case,a group of them.
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

One thing I noticed from this movie is that M Night always seems to try to work some sort of "Happy" ending into all of his thrillers, and why? They're THRILLers. You should walk out of the theater on pins and needles, not flowers and... muskrats. It fully kills the mood.
That's your opinion.Everyone has different views on what how they want to feel after watching a movie.And not all of his movies have happy endings.

So, you can say I SAW the movie, I just didn't pay much attention to it. But if you really must know ... spoilers:

The old lady is the devil! Yeah, no surprise there, who would think a little old lady is the devil, hence why it would be WHAT A TWIST!
People keep saying that.Why?During the characters's confrontations,they all seem equally dangerous,even the old lady.

It says that you care about art, and what the best and worst movies of the year are, rather than wasting 3 or 4 hours of your life watching a bunch of 'roid-filled cavemen chase after a pigskin ball.
Wow!I thought you were just really against people with bad taste in movies,but that was just pretentious.And this is coming from someone living in a country where people hate it for being called "football" while the real one is called "soccer".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>