Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SWING VOTE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

So Smart It’s...Duh, I Dunno... DUMB!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Smart It’s...Duh, I Dunno... DUMB!
    Posted: July 30 2008 at 5:41pm
Right now this may be the best reviewed wide release of the weak (yes, I know I spelled it wrong). Anyway, this has 44% at RT, and Mummy 3 has 13 reviews, all rotten (that's right, the big 00%). Just lets you know which may be HeadRAZZ's pick for #1 Worst of the Weak -- and possibly the month.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 5:38am

I have never seen a movie with Kevin Costner, nor do I ever plan to...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 7:25am

Originally posted by movieman

i have never seen a movie with Kevin Costner, nor do I plan to.

If you do plan to see a Kevin Costner movie, see Mr. Brooks, Dances with Wolves (of course...well, I haven't seen it but it won Oscars, I think), and Field of Dreams (I heard that was good).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

If you do plan to see a Kevin Costner movie, see Mr. Brooks, Dances with Wolves (of course...well, I haven't seen it but it won Oscars, I think), and Field of Dreams (I heard that was good).

Or, shorten that list even more and only see "Dances With Wolves", his ONLY good movie. Sorry baseball fans, but "Field of Dreams" only works as a sleeping pill for me.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 2:03pm
So you think that Costner thinks he's the next Jimmy Stewart? I disagree...

I come home one night, my freshman year of college, which was several years ago now, to find my dorm roommate watching a movie on my TV, which I was tempted to burn, after seeing that he was watching, "The Postman." You remember that movie, where he delivers the mail, and becomes the shining beacon of hope for all of humanity?

In Swing Vote, we have a guy who doesn't go to vote one day, and his vote, mattering EVER so much, results in both candidates desperately courting him, and in the process, become a shining beacon of hope for all of humanity?

Waterworld? Where he's a guy with gills who's the shining beacon of hope for all of humanity?

He doesn't want to be Jimmy Stewart, he wants to be Jesus.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Cvcjr, your assessment of "Open Range" was spot on. And don't forget that dreadful Irish brogue James Russo attempted throughout the film. I couldn't understand a word he said. Between his marble-mouthed accent and Costner's perpetual mumbling, half the dialogue in the film was utterly unintelligible (probably utterly un-intelligent, too).

The thing that amused me most was the scene where Costner and Duvall walked outside the morning after it rained cats and dogs all night...and the ground was completely dry!

Oh, Russo's awful accent!  And I didn't think about the ground after the rain when I watched it the first time, but now that you mention it, you're right.  You would have thought after that rainstorm, that we should waste 20 more minutes watching the free rangers push a wagon through the mud! . . .

And then there's Frenchie.  Why would anybody take a useless whiny guy like that on a cattle drive?  I was hoping the bad guys would kill him off, but they wound up killing off the other guy. 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 3:04pm

I HATED "Mr. Brooks" -- Costner was so annoying, and so was Demi Moore. But, they can't hold a candle to how F*CKING annoying Dane Cook was...

He was so annoying, that I said: "Wow, he's even more annoying than Mr. Wong!!"

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 1:51am

I thought a lot of critics liked Mr. Brooks. They even said Dane Cook was a good in that and "Dan in Real Life." But he usually appears in movies like that sex comedy "Good Luck Chuck."

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I HATED "Mr. Brooks" -- Costner was so annoying, and so was Demi Moore. But, they can't hold a candle to how F*CKING annoying Dane Cook was... He was so annoying, that I said: "Wow, he's even more annoying than Mr. Wong!!"

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 11:14am
Dane Cook was, also, annoying in "Dan In Real Life". He annoying in everything he does. Now, for the movie, the critic at Maxim said: "The best part of the movie was watching the rest of the audience cringing and trying to decipher (Mariana) Huffington's Greek speak." I think that says all that needs to be said.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 12:17pm

The only way I would pay to see a "Hostel" or "Saw" movie is if Dane Cook was one of the victims...and he died the worst death of anyone in the movie...within the opening 10 minutes.

Throw in any of the Jessicas, Paris Hilton, and just about every other talentless, overexposured "celebrity" and there's a great horror movie.

Or would that be more of a comedy? 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 3:45pm
As lame as this looks, it probably isn't as repulsive as the Adam Sandler brand of Capraesque film-making (Mr. Deeds, Click).

At least Swing Vote doesn't look like it's trying to force a mixture of virtue and vulgarity.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2008 at 4:08am

Would it be too much to ask for Costner to:

Take a shave,

Get a haircut,

Lose the dorky cap,

Wear a decent shirt ?

Fred Cooper
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2008 at 12:24pm

Gee, what a surprise -- this movie bombed, with a mere $6 million! Maybe the only thing that could save Costner's career now is to star in Nolan's third Batman movie -- but I don't think they have a villain bland or boring enough for him to play! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As you may have seen on our Main Page, there's an Internet rumor that the next BATMAN film may feature Angelina Jolie...as "Catwoman." (LINK

Do I smell RAZZberries in the air???    

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Michaels

The only way I would pay to see a "Hostel" or "Saw"
movie is if Dane Cook was one of the victims...and he died the worst death
of anyone in the movie...within the opening 10 minutes.

Throw in any of the Jessicas, Paris Hilton, and just about every other
talentless, overexposured "celebrity" and there's a great horror movie.

Or would that be more of a comedy? 

Yes, that would be cool, the only reason I watched I Know Who Killed
Me
was to see Lindsay Lohan get tortured.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 11:03am

I think Angelina Jolie would make a good Catwoman. Certainly better than Halle Berry!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As you may have seen on our Main Page, there's an Internet rumor that the next BATMAN film may feature Angelina Jolie...as "Catwoman." (LINKDo I smell RAZZberries in the air??? 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 11:48am

Don't get your hopes up -- other rumors claim Johnny Depp will be The Riddler and/or Philip Seymour Hoffman will be The Penguin. After seeing "The Dark Knight," I'm convinced Nolan can get an Oscar worthy proformance out of anyone, even Jolie (although I can't say much for Katie Holmes, though).

Here's a rumor you should be more scared of: Kevin Conster supposedly has a sequel to "The Bodyguard" in the works!

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As you may have seen on our Main Page, there's an Internet rumor that the next BATMAN film may feature Angelina Jolie...as "Catwoman." (LINK

Do I smell RAZZberries in the air???   

I think Angelina would make a good Catwoman. It would be better than Halle Berry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>