Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > s-s-s-s-SNAKES ON A PLANE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

S.O.A.P. Deliberately, Deliciously Bad??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S.O.A.P. Deliberately, Deliciously Bad??
    Posted: August 17 2006 at 12:56am

You know I have been reading up on this movie and with all the buzz it is generating I would not be surprised if this movie earned its production budget (Heard it was about $30 million) and then some in it first weekend (About $40 million). That's with either good or god awful reviews (Not to the extent of "ZOOM" but close to "Lady in the Water") from the critics.   

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I think the fact that New Line has chosen not to screen SNAKES for critics is a major marketing mistake. Given that most people are looking forward to this as being "so-bad-it's-good," I fail to see how even the worst possible reviews wouldn't promote the movie. Not showing it to critics suggests that either:

a) New Line isn't totally in on the joke, or...

b) The movie actually does suck, and fails to deliver the expected laughs...

It'll be interesting to see which of the above proves true after seeing SNAKES this weekend... 

Response to Head RAZZberry: I am by no means saying that not screening the movie to critics is a great idea; However my point being is that the buzz that S.O.A.P. is generating through the other mediums (Internet, conventions, etc...) is that whether S.O.A.P is good or bad people will be in line this weekend buying a ticket just based that hype. Now whether it does good the following weekend remains to be seen.

As far as New Line being in on the Joke...I have a feeling more than one executive knew what was going on, especially after reading the IMDB trivia that has been posted on it.

Snakes on a Plane Movie Stills: Samuel L. Jackson, Kenan Thompson, Julianna Margulies, David R. Ellis

UPDATE: Looks like S.O.A.P. is starting to level out at 68% over at RT as of this afternoon.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:51am
DAMNIT Joe, must you cut me so deeply?! Despite all the drugs he consumed, Jake was still one of the best Pro wrestling interviews ever. But seriously, I have no idea how the guy's still alive. He did more drugs than Keith Richards, had a legit broken neck and countless injuries, and yet he can still talk coherently (Most of the time) and walk. Brings a tear to my eye....... I think I'll go outside and DDT someone.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 4:48pm
Sanndman, sorry bout that, but Ol Jake even turned his back on the
makers of Beyond The Mat, which was a pretty good documentary.

http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBiosR/roberts_00sep1.html

But, the saddest point of all is that he threw away his potential, he could
have been the greatest wrestler of all time and he just couldn't stop
smoking Ollie's crack rocks   
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 4:41am

For you Potter Fans (or Potter Haters) here is one idea that I am glad that did not get the Green Light...

A much-publicized movie opens in theaters today that should be of interest to Harry Potter fans, and Wizard Blog is proud to bring you a first look at the new film...

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 7:25am

Well, so far it seems to be living up to the hype, even through it was not screened for critics....The initial audiences reactions seem positive, and along the lines of what we expected; Heck, one critic even said the advance screening would have been a bad idea in the case of this movie. We'll see by the end of this weekend what the final outcome is!!

Snakes on a Plane Movie Stills: Samuel L. Jackson, Kenan Thompson, Julianna Margulies, David R. Ellis

"Yuh know Vern...I told yuh to keep Abigael in her kennel!"

Words to live by:
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 9:04am
Sue me, I liked it. I had a lot of fun watching it.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 12:19pm
I'm watching AM America on my day off,  and  guess what?  They have a movie critic!  Well, that's what they called him. Obviously this guy gets paid to say nice things about bad movies:  He doesn't mention the story, plot or character in SOAP, just comments how campy it was, and says the interest on the web was fantastic.   The clip they showed (several times) was the one where Jackson gets sick of all the snakes and uses the MF word. The MF word is a very nasty word, and I, despite not being known as a prude, found it offensive.  I guess if it's used by black men, then it's OK, maybe even cool.
Everyone on the show snickered and smiled, at his comments,  and no one thought to ask what the movie was rated.   Nor did anyone wonder whether this film's box office take would be greater than the BO on a movie about real terror on a real plane on 9/11/01.  But then again, I doubt if anyone connected with this ever seriously wonders about anything.  Any wonder then that bad movies keep getting made?
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 6:03am

I just saw this movie, and I gotta say, it's not my type of movie. But there were some entertaining parts in it. One was Jackson's line, "I've had it with these motherfking snakes on this motherfking plane" That made the movie better (and made the rating go from PG-13 to R). I also enjoyed seeing Julianna Marguilies kill a snake with an axe (see below)!

Julianna Margulies in New Line Cinema's Snakes on a Plane

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
AllisonSNLKid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 5:21am

You know, there was a "Saturday Night Live" sketch some years ago (it was less than ten years ago, sometime around 1998-2000) about snakes on a plane.  Is this where the writers drew inspiration?

My boyfriend and I saw a trailer for it last year, and we both wrote it off as some bad joke...till we found out SOAP was in fact a real movie!  It became our joke last summer, every time we were thinking of something to do - "Ya wanna go see Snakes on a Plane?"  We couldn't bring ourselves to fork over the $8.75 you pay in South Jersey to see it.  I can't imagine anyone in New York paying in excess of twelve dollars to see this tripe!!!!!!!!

Allison :-)

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:12am
God, I loved this movie!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123