Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Disagree w/Any Past RAZZIES®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SOME BAD CHOICES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOME BAD CHOICES
    Posted: August 14 2010 at 5:59pm
Yes, people love to hate, but there are just somethings out there that make it so damn easy to make fun of OR hate because they have little, if any, redeeming qualities, ie. Bush, Kardashians, Twilight, ... Stallone and Shatner, etc. And yes, Americans like crappy stuff because ever since the settlers landed in what would one day become America, we've been lazy as can be and anything that requires little effort is celebrated. Why else would we be the fattest country in the world?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
ramonesun View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramonesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 9:58am
But thats not the point. The point im making is that Americans love to hate. So haters of Star Wars would be just as vocal as lovers of Star Wars. But yet here we are, with less complaints of star wars, way way less, than the praise of star wars. As for Shatner and Stallone, I garuntee most people would consider them artists. Your giving them so little credit its bordering on insanity. Even if you think them not artists, their seems to be little credit on their skills as entertainers as well. That's just wrong in general. Weres the respect? The admiration? I could show you again and again youtube clips or videos that show the true talent of these actors. Talent and artistic credibility you refuse to acknowledge.
FILM CRITIC AT LARGE
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:53am
Originally posted by ramonesun

I could show you again and again youtube clips or videos that show the true talent of these actors. Talent and artistic credibility you refuse to acknowledge.
OOOOOH! That we have to see! Oh please, do post this so youtube clips of these actors being "talented", because I'm not the only one here who is going to want to see this ... for all the wrong reasons!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
m0zart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote m0zart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2010 at 9:42pm
I have to say that I am amazed that "Sheena, Queen of the Jungle" didn't have any wins in 1984.  As a stupid kid hitting puberty at the time, I loved the film and saw it many times over.  But as an adult who is well past the period in which a Charlie's Angel can so completely dominate my faculties and slant my judgment, the film has to be one of the worst movies of all time, and both the leads have to be among the worst actors and actresses of the decade!  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2010 at 3:16pm
True, true. It's guilty pleasure for the 12/13 year old in all of us. But it seems Razzie voters at that time just thought there were other movies that year that were much, much worse when compared to this early Marvel attempt at breaking into movies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 2:16pm
Sienna Miller didn't even deserve to be nominated for G.I. JOE: RISE OF COBRA.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 8:23pm
I think it was a result of a "we're sick and tire of hearing about your love triangle with Jude Law and his nanny for a whole year" sort of thing. Yes, Miguel, love triangles exist in real life, too! 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 7:36pm
I don't think that DeForrest Kelly should have gotten a 1989 Razzie nod for STAR TREK V.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
collin2 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote collin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 12:18am
Matthew Broderick and Hank Azaria didn't get nominated at all? I'm sorry, but I thought they were worse than Maria! Matthew even sounded like he was reading off of cue cards! 
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 1:44pm
Jennifer Lopez's performance in Angel's Eyes surprised me for good, she gave a very genuine performance here, I don't think she deserved to be nominated for that particular role. For The Wedding Planner? Absolutely!

The Blair Witch Project, Batman Begins & Madonna: Truth or dare have incredibly high rating on RT (don't "critically acclaimed" movies above 80% have immunity?) how come they ended up being nominated? 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 2:06pm
There's no such thing as a perfect movie. A movie that's good overall can still have bad elements.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234