Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > GARFIELD: A TAIL of TWO KITTIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Something for The Litter Box Literati??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something for The Litter Box Literati??
    Posted: February 12 2007 at 2:41am
I think it's just pretty tough for Bill Murray. He's been good in a bunch of '80's movies, like Stripes, the Ghostbusters movies, Little Shop of Horrors, Scrooged, etc. He also was pretty good in Groundhog Day, What About Bob?, etc. I actually like Bill, but I think it's just that it's pretty hard these days to see a good movie with him in it. Though he was pretty good in Lost in Translation.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 5:36am
Really he's still the one member of the SNL/SCTV generation that's holding his own at all; the others have now become mostly pale shadows of what they once were (it never helped that most of them were typecast from the moment they jumped to film and were rarely if ever given any input into their work by the executives). 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 2:38am
Oh yes, of course, of course, not to forget that he was robbed the Best Actor Oscar by Sean Penn back in 2003. And a lot of people, as well a a ton of critics, were hoping for him to win that award.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 4:26am
As was I.  Further proof, in my mind at least, that the Academy is openly prejudiced against comedians.  I think he should have been nominated for doing Peter Venkman as well, for he did so much better there than with most of the serious roles throughout 1984 (I would also have given either Harold Ramis or Rick Moranis consideration for Best Supporting Actor as well). 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:31am
I actually found that Bill Murray's performance in Lost in Translation was not comedic. I think Lost in Translation was actually a drama. But yes, I guess the Oscars are only interested in comedians doing dramatic films. Like Robin Williams (who was robbed of an Oscar in 1987, for "Good Morning, Vietnam"). However, he was able to win an Oscar, not in a comedy, but in a drama...so I guess the Oscars do like comedians, but would rather have them be in different genres.
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:58am

GARFIELD 2 was just as bad as the first one...and then some!

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 12:11pm
Bill got in trouble for driving a golf cart drunk in some Europeon country.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 4:34pm
The same reason they insist on remaking A CHRISTMAS CAROL and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. 

Originally posted by Rosen

WHY DO MOVIES INSIST ON REMAKING THE PRINCE AND THE POPPER... I THINK WE ARE ALL OVER IT!!!! #!@%$#%$#! 

Have you watch the movie,or read the comic?GARFIELD is lazy and doesn't care about his weight? 

Originally posted by bruin_522

What I don't get is how in the hell dows Garfield like Lasagna? Doesn't that make him fat for sure? Eating too much Lasagna? He probably thinks about that, mostly for dinner actually.

It was a "dramedy," but according to most people, it's a little more of a comedy. 

Originally posted by bruin_522

I actually found that Bill Murray's performance in Lost in Translation was not comedic. I think Lost in Translation was actually a drama.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 6:01pm
My advice, stick with the Garfield Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas specials that CBS plays every year.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 10:58am
A lot people have told me Bill Murray saved the movie.GARFIELD's sarcasm did.Bill's way of saying them wasn't special.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Vits

A lot people have told me Bill Murray saved the movie.GARFIELD's sarcasm did.Bill's way of saying them wasn't special.
That doesn't make sense. Murray was the voice of Garfield, so Garfield's sarcasm was Murray's sarcasm.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 1:13pm
The lines were funny.They could've been said by anyone.I'm not saying Bill Murray isn't good,just that he didn't stand out in this movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Vits

The lines were funny.They could've been said by anyone.I'm not saying Bill Murray isn't good,just that he didn't stand out in this movies.
Well, like I said in another thread, a few funny lines or moments can't save a movie as a whole.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:52am
I gave it 1/10,and I gave 3 to the first one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12