Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > SHOULD MEGAN FOX BE OUR 2010 WORST ACTRESS FRONT-RUNNER??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Belle...or Southern B.S. ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern Belle...or Southern B.S. ??
    Posted: November 06 2010 at 4:28pm
My five picks for Worst Actress of 2010 (so far): 

Jennifer Aniston, The Bounty Hunter 
Milla Jovovich, Resident Evil: Afterlife 
Jennifer Lopez, The Back Up Plan 
Jenn Proske, Vampires Suck 
Kristen Stewart, Twilight: Eclipse 

Almost made the cut: Renée Zelwegger, Case 39 

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 9:09am

Based on what I saw in 'Jonah Hex', Megan Fox is a better fit for a Worst Supporting Actress nod, not a Worst Actress nod.  She didn't have as much screen time as Josh Brolin and John Malkovich and almost every time she was on the screen, one of those two was in the same scene.  Not even an entertaining Motorola commercial (LINK) could save her from getting nominated.  

Here's what I've narrowed it down to in the Worst Actress and Worst Supporting Actress categories: 

Worst Actress
Jennifer Aniston in The Bounty Hunter 
Kristen Bell in When in Rome and You Again 
Miley Cyrus in The Last Song 
Katherine Heigl in Killers and Life as We Know It 
Jennifer Lopez in The Back-up Plan 
Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City 2 
Kristen Stewart in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 

Worst Supporting Actress
Kim Basinger in Charlie St Cloud
Cher in Burlesque
Megan Fox in Jonah Hex
Paris Hilton in The Other Guys*
Lindsay Lohan in Machete*
Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance
Taylor Swift in Valentine's Day

*Those movies were good, but their involvement in the tabloids might give them a nod.

NOTE: As of right now, I've only narrowed it down to seven for those categories.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While it is unclear if Fox had a more substantial role in HEX and most of it wound up on the proverbial cutting room floor (note that the film had TWO editors credited -- usually a sign of substantial re-cuts and trims), like the AMPAS, we go as much by the performer's billing in advertising as by their actual screen time. A perfect analogy to over-the-title billed Fox in HEX would be Anthony Hopkins in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS who, although he actually had less than 20 minutes of screen time, deservedly won Best Actor for that film. Anyone who has seen JONAH can attest that, just as our awards are the opposite of the Oscars, Fox's effect in her brief time on screen had the opposite impact of Hopkins' --  While Anthony made LAMBS memorable, Megan made JONAH even more excruciating...  

Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 10:53am
I have a feeling that Burlesque will be really good :P 

Anyway I think my front runners forst Razzie in this Year are Katherine Heigl and Jennifer Anniston.
What would be the point of giving JLO this awards again? We need to award actresses who've never won before. (Like Heigl or Anniston)...

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 11:18am
I think Megan Fox definately fits Worst Actress for Jonah Hex.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 11:44am
Some critics say Stewart saves those movies, and others claim that Proske made a better BELLA...  

Originally posted by Gregory

My five picks for Worst Actress (so far):
Jenn Proske, Vampires Suck
Kristen Stewart, Twilight: Eclipse

Also the movie's saving grace. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Worst Actress
Jennifer Lopez in The Back-up Plan

The award is for the worst performance of the year,not for who's more suited.

Originally posted by Anuss

What would be the point of giving JLO this awards again? We need to awarded actress never won before. (Like Heigl or Aniston)

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 2:24pm
Honestly... Do you really think that JLO could be worse than Miley Cyrus in The Last Song? I don't think so!  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 3:16pm
Agreed -- J.Lo doesn't have much acting talent, but she can still act circles around Miley by comparison.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 6:00am
Megan Fox was given the career of a lifetime, and she calls her director "Hitler". God, don't you just want to just kidnap this girl, cut her insides out, and just eat them, then take her corpse outside in the driveway and just run over it a couple of times? We've got stars from "My Super Sweet 16" coming out of the woodwork. Just murder this bitch, and she'll go away. Simple as that.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:13am
No, because she was right! What she failed to do is WAIT until the three "Bayformers" movies were done filmming ... and THEN talk all the s*** she wanted to about Bay. Common sense, wait until the hand that feeds you is done feeding you before you bite it.  

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

Megan Fox was given the career of a lifetime, and she calls her director "Hitler". God, don't you just want to just kidnap this girl, cut her insides out, and just eat them, then take her corpse outside in the driveway and just run over it a couple of times?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 2:59pm
There's a lot of things I want to do Fox, but those are not among them... 

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

God, don't you just want to just kidnap this girl, cut her insides out, and just eat them, then take her corpse outside in the driveway and just run over it a couple of times?

Was it a known fact that it would be a trilogy at the time?

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

No, because she was right! What she failed to do is WAIT until the three "Bayformers" movies were done filmming ... and THEN talk all the s*** she wanted to about Bay.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:31pm
Yeah, before the first movie even came out, Spielberg flat out announced that these movies were planned to be a long drawn out series.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 11:32pm

Honestly... Do you really think that JLO could be worse than Miley Cyrus in The Last Song? I don't think so!  

No i don't think.. miley was better !
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 11:33pm

No i don't think , miley was better there.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by ziesha

Please, J.Lo in "Selena" wipes the floor with anything Miley ever starred in.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by ziesha

Please, J.Lo in "Selena" wipes the floor with anything Miley ever starred in.

Hold on, folks.  These opinions may be moot in a couple of years if the Bonnce & Clyde remake with Hilary Duff hits the big screen (maybe it will go direct to DVD though.

Also, I know about Megan Foxxy Front Runner.  Given the performance of Jonah Hex, this could easily be front-runner material.

However, we need to push more for Twilight: Eclipse as worst.  Knock that series sown a notch!  After all, the Star Wars prequels each won Razzies (including 1 for Ahmed Best/Jar Jar and 2 for Hayden Christensen), and so did the raping of Indiana Jones (worst sequel), so Twilight needs to join them.  Besides, I have people in my workplace who themselves talk pro-Twilight and stuff a lot.

DOWN WITH TWILIGHT!
2010 Worst actress nominee Kristen Stewart for her role as Bella Swan in Twilight: Eclipse
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by bigbar4

Of course they could not skip the opportunity; that is why two more deserving "actresses" were "robbed" by Bullock for last year's Razzie.
Let's face it, so see an A-List star come out and admit the movie she made was crap is just too tempting for Razzie voters. If Megan Fox said she would show up at the award and admit the "Bayformers" movies were s***, she would have won by a landslide, but Sandra beat her to it with "All About Steve".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>