Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > THE UNBORN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spawn of Satan, Get Thee Hence!
    Posted: July 29 2009 at 6:39am
Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 9:07am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Again, I'd hardly consider SotL or SS to be "horror." Thriller is more appropriate. I think you need to actually put Satan in your movie if you want to turn anything that could possibly be considered a thriller (The Omen, Rosemary's Baby) into a horror movie.

Yes, but by doing so, your movie is automatcially declared an "Omen/Rosemary's Baby" knockoff and any Oscar consideration goes out the window.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 12:48am
C;mon... These guys were never going to win any Oscars. SotL, yes, but let's face it - that was ALL because of Anthony Hopkins' Lecter, and the creepiness he brought to it.
Y'know what I'd like to test though, is trying out a thriller with Peter Stormare as a creepy Lecter type and have it be a serious movie. He was still probably one of the best Satans ever in Constantine. And if anyone ever watches Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job and saw his cameo on that, he could quite possibly be the creepiest man of all time. Peter Stormare FTW.
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:15pm

If this film gets nominated for anything, i expect it to be Worst Supporting Actress for Carla Gugino. Are the chances high enough that I can legitimately expect that much?

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:52am
Yes, Carla Gugino was on the ballot for her role in this movie. I believe the movie was listed in other catagories, too. The chances of it making the final five? I would say somewhere in the middle, not shoe-in, but bad enough for serious consideration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123