Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: SPECIAL CATEGORIES for 2010 / 31st RAZZIES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Special Category for 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Which Should We Include on The 31st RAZZIES Ballot?
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[35.85%]
[2.12%]
[49.06%]
[10.85%]
[2.12%]

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special Category for 2010
    Posted: December 10 2010 at 8:32pm
Well, Worst Direct To DVD Movie would be a good category, considering the large amount of straight to DVD sequels that are being made these days. Only problem is that voters would have to go and rent or stream these movies as well in order to know about them better.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:29pm
Hi, new here and kind of saying hello.

I was wondering if you ever thought of starting a Worst Movie Not Showing in a Theatre Near You-category. This category would "honour" the worst films released through another medium than the cinema (tv films, straight-to-dvd/blu-ray films and films released directly on the interenet)? Please respond to this question (and give me feedback on the idea if you don't like it)

I was also wondering if i could register as a voter if i am not a U.S.-resident (or if it is U.S. only)?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: First off, a Berry Warm WELCOME to our Forum. 

The idea of a "Not Showing" RAZZIE category is an interesting one, but among the problems would be keeping track of all the dreck that appears on Direct-to-Video, as well as ensuring that the titles were readily available to our Voting Members. 

On the question of whether non-US residents can be Voting Members, the answer is an emphatic YES -- We currently have Voting Members in nearly two dozen foreign territories -- many of whom cast their ballots via the Net. Here's the LINK to sign up, if you're interested...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 1:21pm

Yeah, but sadly, most horror movies these days use the "slasher formula," and the"rom/com formula" needs to change, too,  because it has gotten equally stale.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 12:55pm
You're describing slasher films. Horror movies can be different. Romantic comedies may change their plots, but the formula is always the same...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 8:23pm
Can anyone seriously claim to tell one horror movie from another these days? They are all the same. Take a group of good-looking teenagers, add one serial killer in a mask and a weapon of choice,...killer then offs the teens one-by-one, until the last one or two teens stops him,...and end with a cliffhanger where the killer may or may not come back to life...repeat in sequel. 

Same formula Hollywood has used for the past 40 years!  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 6:58pm
I'm serious, man. At least with past categories like "Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie" or "Worst Excuse for a Family Movie," you could tell the nominees apart.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2010 at 5:20pm
Then perhaps I should've voted for "Worst Eye-Gouging Use of 3D".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 6:53pm
The thing is, if we give rom-coms their own Razzie category, we might as well just call it "Worst Katherine Heigl Movie," since she stars in practically every one of them!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 5:01pm
I've thought about it, and I don't there should be "Worst Excuse for a Rom/Com" category. 5 movies will be nominated,right? Usually people complain when one they wanted didn't make the final cut. This time, when HeadRAZZ has to explain why one didn't make it, he won't be able to do so. Since all rom-coms are hated for the exact same reasons, there would be no way to choose, since they're all equally bad.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2010 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just notice there's a movie called THE CITY OF YOUR FINAL DESTINATION starring Laura Linney and Anthony Hopkins.I know it can't get a forum because it didn't hit theaters,but it gave an idea:What if actors get nominated for one movie?If they get nominated for more,it shouldn't be conjoined.All of this is more Oscar-y.Then,you creat another category that awards actors that made bad choices by being in 2 or more bad movies each year.An example would be Mr. Hopkins for that movie and THE WOLFMAN.
Well, there was the entire year of 2003, in which Ben Affeck became incapable of appearing in a good movie, so he win Worst Actor not just for "Gigli", but every other movie he was in that year ("Paycheck", "Daredevil", etc.). In that case, yes, the actor should get nods for his entire body of work for that year. But again, if it's not in theaters, it's not going to be on Razzie ballot, hence why Hopkins would only get a nod for "Wolfman" and not this other movie you're sugguesting.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 1:17pm
I just notice there's a movie called THE CITY OF YOUR FINAL DESTINATION starring Laura Linney and Anthony Hopkins.I know it can't get a forum because it didn't hit theaters,but it gave an idea:What if actors get nominated for one movie?If they get nominated for more,it shouldn't be conjoined.All of this is more Oscar-y.Then,you creat another category that awards actors that made bad choices by being in 2 or more bad movies each year.An example would be Mr. Hopkins for that movie and THE WOLFMAN.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume your reference to "joint nominations for two similar movies" is regarding the MEET THE SPARTANS / EPIC MOVIE combo from our 29th year??
You mean DISASTER MOVIE?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

FYI: For this year's 31st Annual RAZZIES, I am seriously considering replacing Worst Screen Couple with Worst Screen Ensemble / Worst Cast...  
Woo-hoo! Clap
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:49pm
Joint nominations for two similar movies is where I draw the line. I've asked plenty of times how they came up with the penalty for Worst Screen Couple, and asked if it had something to do with bad items showing up in pairs on screen back in the former half of 199X... and I never got an answer.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume your reference to "joint nominations for two similar movies" is regarding the MEET THE SPARTANS / EPIC MOVIE combo from our 29th year?? If you saw both movies (and I had the misfortune of doing so) you'd understand the argument that they were two very similar versions of the same, lame concept. And jointly nominating them seemed a way to immediately point at their they were...turds of a feather. 

As for the "inspiration" for Worst Screen Couple, it was taken in part from similar categories in the MTV Movie Awards and the fact that, in 1994, there were a plethora of really awful "screen couples" to choose from. 

FYI: For this year's 31st Annual RAZZIES, I am seriously considering replacing Worst Screen Couple with Worst Screen Ensemble / Worst Cast...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:11pm
Yeah, but giving 5 actors or 5 actresses a collective nod as Worst Actor or Actress makes even less sense than calling an entire cast the Worst Couple...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 2:14pm
Those were just examples.And I said those could be nominated in individual acting categories.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>