Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Disagree w/Any Past RAZZIES®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Stallone is NOT such a bad actor!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote That 60s hippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stallone is NOT such a bad actor!
    Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:39am
The man is just pure entertainment- come on you know im right
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 8:18am

He was good in Cop Land...at least, I heard that he was.

Response from Head RAZZberry: And COP LAND was just about the ONLY appearance by Stallone since 1984's RHINESTONE for which he was not a Razzie nominee.  I'll admit, for Stallone, he was okay in that ONE film. But he's made about 2 DOZEN movies over the last 22 years, in most of which he's been a monosyllabic, musclebound moron who blows things up, or beats them to a pulp. If you think we've been harsh to Sly, name FIVE good movies he's been in (other than the already mentioned COP LAND and the 1976 original ROCKY). Bet you can't...

That 60s hippie View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote That 60s hippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 9:17pm

ignore the acting and just enjoy the movies he's made- i loved Rambo, judge dread, Demolition man and asassins.

Its just entertainment

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 6:14am

Besides Cop Land and Rocky, I can't.

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:26pm

I believe that Stallone should have won the RAZZIE in 2001 for WORST ACTOR (in Driven) instead of Charlton Heston...

You know there's no school of acting that would ever cover Stallone's style and still expect to be in business...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, Heston "won" as Worst SUPPORTING Actor in 2001 (beating out Burt Reynolds in DRIVEN). Stallone "lost" Worst Actor to Tom Green in FREDDY GOT FINGERED, which swept the Razzies that year...

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:50pm
Stallone was recently on Inside the Actors' Studio....seriously.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 10:12am
I KNEW I left a word out of that post...

Thanks for the correction before I even got to it...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 10:51am

Rocky 2 and Rocky 3 were good, just not as good as the original.  I haven't seen Rocky 4 (and I don't ever plan to) because I have heard that it is bad, but how can Stallone win a razzie for playing the same character he was nominated for an Oscar for playing?

moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 11:43am

Stallone is not everyone's cup of tea, that's for sure. But there is this nagging feeling that he really should, at some point, bow out. Hell, even Madonna and Eddie Murphy recently said they were giving up acting. Bravo! Best news I've heard in a long time. Time will tell if they keep their promises.

Fred Cooper
Balboa6 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Balboa6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 4:55pm

The naysayers haven't even watched the vast majority of Sly's movies.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 4:46am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I cannot vouch for our other several hundred Voting RAZZIE Members, I myself have actually suffered through every film for which Stallone has received each of his record 30 nominations. And while he does occasionally rise about the low-brow expectations of his audience (COP LAND and ROCKY BALBOA come to mind) Sly is, in my estimation, a one-note, two trick pony (those ponies named Rocky Balboa and John Rambo) who should himself be amazed and grateful at the level of success his limited vision and talents have given him...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 6:37pm
I have seen many of Sly's movies, and he does play the same one dimensional character who uses 90% of his cerebrum to converse in a level below the first Dick-and-Jane reader.

I will confess that there are times I keep playing Rhinestone over and over again (where he's dressed like a pimp on Sesame Street as he warbles "Drinkenstein").

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Balboa6 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Balboa6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 6:32am

That statement proves otherwise.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Your syntax (and your command of English) both seem rather vague here -- Which "statement" proves WHAT "otherwise"... 

[/QUOTE=JoeBacon] I have seen many of Sly's movies, and he does play the same one dimensional character who uses 90% of his cerebrum to converse in a level below the first Dick- and-Jane reader. I will confess that there are times I keep playing "Rhinestone" over and over again where he is dressed like a pimp on Sesame Street as he warbles "Drinkenstein". [/QUOTE]

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:37am
Although I can't defend Stallone's acting, since "Rocky 1" and "Copland" are the only two good examples, I do agree that he should be spared for 2008 because there are biggest fish to fry like Uwe Boll, Seltzerberg, and the hacks behind "Meet Dave", "Love Guru", "Hottie and Nottie", and "HSM3".
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 5:27pm
You should say, Stallone is a great actor! I totally disagree with all wins and nominations he got, except for Rambo 2, 3 and Rocky 4 (but just for the acting, the directing was a stupid choice of Razzie)!

Stallone is charming, touching, inspiring, tallented... He is far from the other stupid un-tallented action guys who is Arnold Schwarzenegger who in my opinion should have took all the bad comments and Razzie nominations and wins that Stallone won!

Come on, what does make the stupid comedies that Schwarzenegger made better than the Stallone's comedies that are in my opinion entertaining (Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot was pretty funny and I don't see what Stallone did bad in this movie to receive ''Worst Actor'')!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 12:34pm
After a long time analyzing the RAZZIEs' history, I knew there were many, far worse movies than Sylvester Stallone's. For 1988, I didn't like that Cocktail got Worst Picture over Mac & Me AND Caddyshack II, but part of me was grateful that "winner" wasn't Rambo III. For 1990, I would've picked Graffiti Bridge for Worst Picture, but again, I also wished I could consider myself grateful it wasn't Rocky V. Then, for 2008, I breathed a BIG sigh of relief that Rambo IV evaded any RAZZIE nominations. My colleagues loved that movie. Compared with Step Brothers, it was easy to understand why, though Rambo IV wasn't great. Perhaps the Worst Picture category's biggest enigma is Rambo: First Blood II beating Revolution in 1985.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>