Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STOLEN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STOLEN
    Posted: September 19 2012 at 6:01am
Stolen... is exactly right, because it essentially stole plot elements from Taken. That would have been bad enough, but it is worsened by the casting of Nicolas Cage*, who is really asking for a Razzie at this point, and the direction of Simon West, who brought us Con Air, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and, most recently, Expendables 2. I o not see how anyone could NOT want to nominate this turkey. So why not nominate it?
*Seriously guys, if he doesn't get a Razzie for Worst Actor this year, he will probably be in a position where we cannot nominate him anymore, and we do not want him to miss out, do we?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 12:16pm
But if HeadRAZZ said that it's not eligible, what's the point of discussing it?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 1:22pm
Vits: To help get Nicolas Cage another well-deserved chance to "win" a Razzie by adding this movie to Seeking Justice and Ghost Rider 2 for Worst Actor, and so Simon West is eligible for Worst Director  (for this along with Expendables 2).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 1:34pm
I know that. I was also hoping it would get a forum because of those reasons. But HeadRAZZ said that they can't be nominated because of its small release.
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 10:11am
Vits: Seeking Justice and Trespass both had small releases, and yet got Razzie attention, so Stolen should be eligible for nominations as well...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 11:51am
It's not just for being in limited release. It's because the release didn't include the required cities.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Vits knows his RAZZIE® Regulations -- We follow the basic guidelines set up to qualify for Oscar consideration, and one of the most basic rules is that a film must play in a regular admission movie theatre for a full week in either L.A. or New York commencing during the calendar year for which it's eligible. STOLEN (though it was briefly released in theatres) failed to meet that specific threshold... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2014 at 11:46am
My comment (skip to 03:03):

Post Reply Post Reply