Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > STREET FIGHTER: THE LEGEND of CHUN-LI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??
    Posted: March 19 2009 at 1:21am
Dream casting movies is so much fun.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2009 at 1:16am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Well, too late... I just passed a cybercafe and I saw Michael Bay trolling through movie related sites for ideas, and I saw him looking at this page. Lo and behold, Soul Caliber the live action movie will be out in 3 months starring Sean Connery as Cervantes, Kim Kardashian as Taki, Hayden Christensan as Hwang, Devon Aoki as Sophitia for some reason, Antonio Banderas as Mitsurugi, The Rock as Rock, Morgan Freeman as Voldo, and Mark Hamill as Siegfried. Special guest appearance by Chow Yun Fat as Heihachi Mishima.

Good-bye cruel world....

**Jumps off a bridge, lands very shortly on a pile of film students**

Damn, all the film school students already beat me to it...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2009 at 1:10am
Well, too late... I just passed a cybercafe and I saw Michael Bay trolling through movie related sites for ideas, and I saw him looking at this page. Lo and behold, Soul Caliber the live action movie will be out in 3 months starring Sean Connery as Cervantes, Kim Kardashian as Taki, Hayden Christensan as Hwang, Devon Aoki as Sophitia for some reason, Antonio Banderas as Mitsurugi, The Rock as Rock, Morgan Freeman as Voldo, and Mark Hamill as Siegfried. Special guest appearance by Chow Yun Fat as Heihachi Mishima.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:26am
I think with very little effort to pad the story, that someone could make a very passable "Soul Calibur/Soul Edge" CG-movie... All kinds of stuff they could use for that one... There is a story to those games, and a nice bit of mythology to the whole concept... More then enough fodder to make a movie.... (Not that I would ever want such a thing to come about... just saying it could conceivably be done.)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 1:39pm
I dunno who's a big fan of Adult Swim out there, but if you go to their website, they have a fighting game called, "Death Vegas" that's one of those "See the whole story through everyone's perspective" kinda things... As you beat it with one character, you're automatically changed to the next until you've beaten it with everyone... There's not MUCH story there, but they could make a little hour long cartoon movie out of it... That's about the only fighting game that I can think of that might work for anything... And again, I LOVE fighting games. They just don't have stories in them.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 12:48pm
And from what I heard about the movie, they don't mention the actual Street Fighter tournament featuring Ryu and Ken until the very end of the movie. That's one movie that will never come to be, except perhaps straight to DVD. But yeah, when the video game you're adapting is a fighting game with no real story line, the only thing you really have to film is fight scene after fight scene.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 12:57am

There isn't MUCH there, though.
Chun Li's story is literally this: Her father was killed by Bison, so she joins Interpol to track him down and bring him to justice. She was taught martial arts by her father, and doesn't have any real relationship with any other characters. She's only popular for being a prominent female character in a fighting game... That's the only reason you'd center it around her... Because she's a girl, so she stood out... There's no backstory to make a whole movie there.

S'why they would need multiple characters to make a decent Street Fighter movie... But it would take a lot of work, and as many have said... A lot of work just isn't in the Hollywood playbook...

However, I figure give 'em another decade, and we'll see another attempt at a Street Fighter film.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 2:47pm
There isn't MUCH there, though.
Chun Li's story is literally this: Her father was killed by Bison, so she joins Interpol to track him down and bring him to justice. She was taught martial arts by her father, and doesn't have any real relationship with any other characters. She's only popular for being a prominent female character in a fighting game... That's the only reason you'd center it around her... Because she's a girl, so she stood out... There's no backstory to make a whole movie there.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 7:51am
There is a sort of story, to some of the modern fighting games... I can't say much in regards to Street Fighter though, I think I gave up on those after Street Fighter 2 Super Hyper Ultra Extra-Spiffy Deluxe Grande Cappuccino Edition.... 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 3:28am
Well, there's the inherent problem of making a movie about a fighting game... THERE'S NO F'IN STORY! It's people fighting! I mean, if you want to make a movie about people fighting, just make a Kung Fu movie, otherwise you need to take so many liberties with the plot that you're just naming the characters in your movie after someone else's work. It's like fan fiction, if you're aware of those monstrosities... Like the X-Files fans who write their own episodes and Mulder and Scully have sex every 5 minutes.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:30pm
Honestly, I think that in the right hands, they could make a fairly good movie, with the Street Fighter Brand, but it would take a rare alignment of stars and planets to bring about such a fortuitous event. I think it may just be time for people to admit that a Street Fighter movie, just isn't going to work...
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 5:15pm

I would rather play those Martial Arts video games than see some of that put into a movie...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 12:38am

Look up... what was it called... Look for like "Worst Screenwriting ever" on YouTube, and you get a 9 second clip from MK:A... Dear lord is it ever brilliant.

Not as bad as a pick-up line from "Shark Attack 3". Go ahead, look that up "worst line ever". Here's a hint, he goes something like this: "I'm a little wired, so why don't I take you home and eat your ...." Watch a clip to find out the rest, just typing it makes my head hurt.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 8:43pm
Look up... what was it called... Look for like "Worst Screenwriting ever" on YouTube, and you get a 9 second clip from MK:A... Dear lord is it ever brilliant.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 10:14am

That's really weird. The sequel to Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat Annihilation has a 4% rating and now this sequel to a crap video game-based movie has a 4%.

Bet everyone that the new Dragonball Z movie gets a 4% as well

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2009 at 7:35pm
There was little to find humor in, other then the fact that some schlump at the studio actually greenlit this. I imagine after this abysmal failure of a film, he's probably been demoted to some menial task...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>