Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > STREET FIGHTER: THE LEGEND of CHUN-LI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??
    Posted: February 27 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

CriticalFrank are you trying to get a best acting nomination, cause it's working.

Anyways, after seeing this clip, I think the only question that remains is can the live action DBZ movie fail any harder than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hii-sskRD9M&feature=relat ed

And on a side note WTF IS CHRIS KLEIN DOING!!!

And for another side note, why do I keep getting a error message when I try to post?

I'd like to thank the Academy. :-P

And honestly, I think Dragonball will fail as hard if not harder. Which is why after I see that one, I plan on disappearing into the woods for several days, and not emerging until my mind has been cleansed of the taint.

Why must all the crap movies come out around this time of the year?

As far as the errors, I get those on every other post. It's weird, but as long as my posts show, I'm happy.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 1:35am
Don't get me started on the "Dragonball" movie. Along with "Speedracer", it's just proof H-Wood has no clue on how to adapt Janapese anime. Why is it the only people in H-Wood who have a clue were the people behind "Sin City"; simply make the movie word for word and scene for scene indentical to the source material? At least with the upcoming "Astroboy", the producers had the common sense to keep it animated.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 2:38am
I don't think Chris Klein has ever done anything that I didn't hate... I mean, I liked American Pie at the time, but hated his character.

I think Michaels nailed it on the head with trying to give Kristen Kreuk a starring vehicle. I don't see it happening now.

And as for adapting anime, PERIOD, it's DUMB to try, unless it's slow moving, serious, and should've been made as a live action movie in the first place. I've seen the JAPANESE try to adapt anime to live action and it's some of the hokiest crap you will ever see. Dragonball will probably be even worse, much to my chagrin. I literally have Goku and Vegeta tattooed on my shoulders. I'm not as die-hard of a fan as you might expect, that being said, though the idea of making Dragon Ball stupier makes me personally feel stupider. Curse you, Chow Yun Fat!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 5:39am

CriticalFrank are you trying to get a best acting nomination, cause it's working. Anyways, after seeing this clip, I think the only question that remains is can the live action DBZ movie fail any harder than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hii-sskRD9M&feature=relat edAnd on a side note WTF IS CHRIS KLEIN DOING!!!And for another side note, why do I keep getting a error message when I try to post?

Oh mein gott, was ist diese ficktig scheisse ich bin sehen!! Aaaaackk... The more I see of this, the more it looks like a Xena ripoff... on the cheap. The camera angles and quality, acting aside, look like they were done for a school project. I take it back, this movie looks far worse than I originally thought. I feel sick... no, seriously, I do.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 11:23am
How did 20th Century Fox greenlight this project in the first place? Such a hokey title and a crappy director. Is 20th Century Fox just trying to be the worst film studio?

I remember Roger Ebert saying that if Hollywood is going keep remaking movies, then they should start remaking bad movies instead of good ones, which I think is a good idea.

I agree. For example, I thought the Southland Tales had some great potential. It was just crappily executed.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 11:46am
If Hollywood were to just start remaking the crappy movies, they could do years upon years of trying to remake Uwe Boll's films, and pretty much every video game movie. And then once those ones fail, they could remake them once again.

It would be like a perpetual cycle of Crap.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 12:12pm

1. This reminds me of a bad joke: Sadly, "Street Fighter" was Raul Julia's last movie. Even more tragic, it's wasn't Jean-Claude Van Damme's last movie.

2. Yes, anime should stay animated because American live action or Japanese live action, it just doesn't translate well.

3. I heard that New Corp., the company that owns 20th Century Fox has lost 70% of its stock and its VP has quit his job. It may only be a matter of time before 20th CF is out of business, and judging by the crappy movies the studio puts out every month, that's no surprise. Problem is, wouldn't that mean LionsGate would take its spot among the big seven studios?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 1:02am
Well, the movie is up to a perfect 0/20 so far... But the question still remains... will it make money? As terrible as it seems, I'm STILL seeing people who are like "Awww sweet! A Street Fighter movie!" And the friend of mine with whom I saw DOA is convinced that we're going to see it at some point.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Michaels

1. This reminds me of a bad joke: Sadly, "Street Fighter" was Raul Julia's last movie. Even more tragic, it's wasn't Jean-Claude Van Damme's last movie.

Believe it or not, it wasn't his last LAST movie. He was also has a supporting role in Down Came a Blackbird.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:55am
Didn't van Damme make some mockumentary about the direction his career took? I'm not seeing it on IMDB, but I like a person who's willing to recognize that they made serious career mistakes. I even don't hate that "Star-ving" show that David Faustino does on Hulu, despite some lazy writing.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 3:40am

Yes, it was "JCVD", which came out last year. Surprisingly enough, he got good reviews for it, even though he was playing a washed up action movie star named...Jean Claude Van Damme.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Didn't van Damme make some mockumentary about the direction his career took? I'm not seeing it on IMDB, but I like a person who's willing to recognize that they made serious career mistakes.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 9:23am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Well, the movie is up to a perfect 0/20 so far... But the question still remains... will it make money? As terrible as it seems, I'm STILL seeing people who are like "Awww sweet! A Street Fighter movie!" And the friend of mine with whom I saw DOA is convinced that we're going to see it at some point.

The box office numbers say BOMB.  And I wonder about their reactions to seeing this movie (if they did).

Oh, and about Dragonball...depending on what I hear about it, I may watch it...for unintentional laughs!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:20pm
Yep, poor Kristin Kreuk's star vehicle crashed big time. Only $4 millon ever three days. Ouch! Better luck next time; try a good script perhaps.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Berrynoia

Oh, and about Dragonball...depending on what I hear about it, I may watch it...for unintentional laughs!

Actually, from the few episodes of Dragonball I've seen, I thought a sizable amount of moments were intentionally funny.

I wouldn't be surprise if the DB producers purposely tried to get laughs in order to emulate the series, just like Batman & Robin.

Oh right...
Seltzerberg is back?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 11:01am
And, while we are talking about Dragonball.

Dragonball Evolution? My god, what a hokey title! And look at the people starring the the film. Justin Chatwin (who?), who starred Baby Genius 2? Not to mention the over $100 million spent!

And, to add on top of all of that, its being produced by 20th Century Fox! Man they have it hard
Seltzerberg is back?

CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 11:08am
Dragonball: Train Wreck Waiting to Happen, looks like it may be the only major release of that week... I am seriously pondering rethinking my "one movie a week" policy... I need to have at least SOME line that I refuse to cross, and after seeing several of the episodes of the TV series (it played in heavy rotation on Cartoon Network back when I was in college) this movie is going to be....awful isn't even the proper word here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>