Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > STREET FIGHTER: THE LEGEND of CHUN-LI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STREET FIGHTER...or STREET WALKER??
    Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:51am
For those unfamiliar with Akira Toriyama and Dragon Ball, the original series, Dragon Ball was meant to be an action/comedy from the beginning. The story begins with a kid who's been living on his own in the wild, and how he adapts to living in society. It was largely supposed to be funny, and for kids, but as the series progressed, it became more and more popular for the action sequences, and while still retaining some comedic moments, it eventually just turned in Dragon Ball Z, which came about due to the popularity of the over the top fighting. Now, the live action movie looks like it's trying to be a live/action movie... Which will DEFINITELY be terrible. Berrynoia, PLEASE don't pay to see it.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 12:06pm
The question that hangs heavy on my mind is, will Dragonball manage to be worse then Street Fighter. Everything I've seen so far has pointed to a strong possibility, however my magic eight ball seems to think that the answer is a little hazy...

I honestly didn't think that Akira Toriyama would allow such a travesty to take place, but then again I also didn't think Capcom would allow their characters to be used in such a blasphemous way...

I'm beginning to think that what little faith I had in the integrity of people has truly been crushed.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 12:50pm
Toriyama kinda wiped his hands of Dragon Ball after Dragon Ball Z. Dragon Ball GT, the third series, was carried out without his input and really his consent. He came in near the end to finish it up, because people hated the show so much. But honestly, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really doubt he had much to do with the live action movie at all. From what I can see on the IMDB page, he's only being credited as the original creator. He'll probably lucky to get royalties from it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 12:10am
If I were Mr. Toriyama, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with the movie either. If they offered me royalties for it, I'd refuse. Taking the money would be almost like tacit approval of the travesty...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 12:58am
Will the "Dragonball" movie be worse than this "Chung-Li"? OF COURSE! If Toriyama washed his hands of the series after "Dragonball Z", he will be down to the bones of his hands after he sees this movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 1:22am
Wow, that's a pretty vehement "of course" there, Michaels... Come April, we shall see whether you are right or not...

In all honesty, you probably are...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 12:43pm
With as an insurmountable task as being worse than Chun Li might seem, I'm fully confident that DBE will succeed with flying (pun intended) colors.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 12:52pm
Chun Li did set the bar of Suckage pretty high (or low as the case may be).

However Whiteboy Goku, like his Anime counterpart, will find some way to overcome the odds, and come out on top.

I can only pray, that this one will tank, so that it doesn't become a franchise, and doesn't open the door for "Naruto: Evolution" or "Cowboy Bebop: Evolution" or even "Trigun: Evolution".... The well of Anime for Hollywood to rape, runs deep my friends... Let us hope it gets covered with godspeed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 1:41pm
Oh... You... Didn't know... They're making a Cowboy Bebop movie... Ummm... Wow, this is going to hurt your eyes ALOT when I tell you this... Keanu is set to be Spike... I really wish I was joking.

The IMDB page isn't set up for it, but here's an article... And making me tear up a little here for real, as I wasn't aware of this... the same article states an Akira and Ghost in the Shell are lined up, too...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/22/fox-developing-cowboy -bebop-live-action-feature-film/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 1:43pm
... Sorry, I don't see where it says Keanu on that page... But google it if you dare. I promise I'm not lying.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Oh... You... Didn't know... They're making a Cowboy Bebop movie... Ummm... Wow, this is going to hurt your eyes ALOT when I tell you this... Keanu is set to be Spike... I really wish I was joking.

Lies, lies I say! Only Sam Rockwell can play Spike. It's a role tailor-made from him, only a decade ahead of time. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2009 at 12:36am
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Say it's not so, dEd. Say it's not so! And Keanu as Spike? Is nothing sacred? Have the gods all forsaken us?

My brain can't even get up the nerve to explode this time...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2009 at 5:04pm
Yea... Yea...

*Wipes away a small tear*

Well, perhaps Michaels and I, and maybe you if you jump on the band wagon, will get our wish and Keanu will drop out and Rockwell will jump in. That is, if they go through with it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 12:01am
I'm hoping that instead of putting Sam Rockwell in the film, they will cancel it completely. Locking the film rights far away where no one will ever get ahold of them. Perhaps in a safe, wrapped in chains, and dumped into the deepest part of the ocean.

Possibly guarded by sharks and missle-armed submarines, so that if anyone ever tries to get their hands on the rights, they can be blown up good.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 12:59am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I'm hoping that instead of putting Sam Rockwell in the film, they will cancel it completely. Locking the film rights far away where no one will ever get ahold of them. Perhaps in a safe, wrapped in chains, and dumped into the deepest part of the ocean.

Possibly guarded by sharks and missle-armed submarines, so that if anyone ever tries to get their hands on the rights, they can be blown up good.

INDEED!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 7:27am
Perhaps they could send part of the rights up into space. No movie executive would ever manage to find them out there... and with a property like Cowboy Bebop, Space seems like a very appropriate place -- Perhaps Mars....
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>