Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > 2009 YEAR-END WRAP-UP!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for RAZZIE® Consideration!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for RAZZIE® Consideration!
    Posted: January 18 2010 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

lol, Well, I mean, terrible yes, but it doesn't have the general reknown as some of the other contenders. Chris Klein's performance was LEGENDARY though. It was "The Room" caliber.
I saw that at a Redbox. It looked like a good cast, however, a good cast is only as good as the script and direction they are given to work with. I take it by this comment, this wasn't that good then.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 6:55pm
But Bruno is a horrible movie!!!
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 8:34pm
The Room is considered by many to be worse than Plan 9, but it's one of those things that are so bad that people love to watch it.

And Bruno really wasn't that bad -- It's just a penis, get over it! Part of the reason I think Bruno is funny is because everyone was so offended by it.

Originally posted by Michaels

lol, Well, I mean, terrible yes, but it doesn't have the general reknown as some of the other contenders. Chris Klein's performance was LEGENDARY though. It was "The Room" caliber.

I saw that at a Redbox. It looked like a good cast, however, a good cast is only as good as the script and direction they are given to work with. I take it by this comment, this wasn't that good then.

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 5:02am
I've been noticing a common theme -- Seems like anything with male nudity is automatically deemed "bad". "Watchmen" had a blue penis ... Razz it! "Bruno" had Sasha Baron Cohen's penis ... Razz it!! "Trannies 2" had giant fighting robot testicles ... Razz it!!! Oh wait -- I agree with that last one! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
ROTTEM View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ROTTEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 1:53pm
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

BRAD PITT for Worst Actor in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS

KRISTEN STEWART for Worst Actress in NEW MOON

DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION for Worst Picture!!

Wink

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 2:21pm
I think there's a differencei n all 3 cases, though.

Watchmen, we've explained, is meant to reflect Dr. M's thoughts on our ideas of decency.

Bruno was meant to make people mad because of it's sheer superfluousness.

And Trannies 2 was meant to be juvenile, and appeal to 14 year old guys who like to laugh at ball jokes.

You've gotta consider the context, and what the point of it all is. There's always that fourth option, where they're attempting to appeal to women or gays -- but I don't think that was the case in any of these scenarios. Especially Bruno.  

Originally posted by Michaels

I've been noticing that common theme. Seems that anything with male nudity is automatically deemed "bad". "Watchmen" had a blue penis ... razz it. "Bruno" had Sasha Baron Cohen's penis ... razz it. "Trannies 2" had giant fighting robot testicles ... razz it. Oh wait, I agree with that last one!
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 10:42am

I think there's a differencei n all 3 cases, though.

Watchmen, we've explained, is meant to reflect Dr. M's thoughts on our ideas of decency.

Bruno was meant to make people mad because of it's sheer superfluousness.

And Trannies 2 was meant to be juvenile, and appeal to 14 year old guys who like to laugh at ball jokes.

You've gotta consider the context, and what the point of it all is. There's always that fourth option, where they're attempting to appeal to women or gays -- but I don't think that was the case in any of these scenarios. Especially Bruno.

True, the subtext and context of these scenes should be considered. But it would appear that the knee-jerk reactions these three scenes are getting are "male nudity = bad overall movie". It seems people are making mountains out of molehills. However, I'm against the Transformer testicles because of the sheer stupidity of the scene, but as you said, that whole scene was geared towards horny, dumb 14 year olds.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12