Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SUPERHERO MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 2:34am

THEY'RE CHEAP to MAKE, REQUIRE ALMOST NO ORIGINAL THOUGHT and, for SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON, AUDIENCES FLOCK to SEE 'EM: "SPOOF MOVIES" ARE the LATEST INFESTATION of HOLLYWOOD's NEAR FATAL BOUT with "BEEN-THERE/SEEN-THAT" DISEASE.

AND SUPERHERO MOVIE IS NO BETTER (AND MAYBE NO WORSE) THAN ANY of the 37 OTHER EXAMPLES of THIS INDEFENSIBLY LAZY GENRE. THIS ONE DOES STAR OUR 1996 WORST NEW STAR "WINNER" PAMELA ANDERSON (WHICH GIVES IT SOMETHING of a RAZZIE® PEDIGREE) and IT CO-STARS NAKED GUN ALUMNA LESLIE NIELSEN (WHO HASN'T MADE an ACTUALLY FUNNY MOVIE in at LEAST a DECADE) SO THIS ONE MAY SUPPLANT MEET THE SPARTANS as 2008's LAMEST EXAMPLE of THIS KINDA CRAP.

BUT DON'T TAKE OUR WORD for IT -- CHECK OUT WHAT OUR FORUM MEMBERS HAVE to SAY ABOUT IT...

Paxton: "That's the trouble with you superhero types -- You never listen!  I didn't say 'Kiss me,' I said 'If this is another one of those lame-o spoof movies, you can kiss my ASS!!'..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:23am

I'm going to go on record and say this won't be as bad as what Friedberg and his partner in crime Seltzer have been vomiting forth lately...

but I still wouldn't get my hopes up about it actually being funny!

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:33pm

I think this movie will do well for one reason: Drake Bell is in it, and he has a pretty good fan base with young girls and fans of "Drake & Josh."

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:00am

I also think it will do well, because it's from "the creators of Scary Movie" (well, at least 3 and 4) and does not involve Aaron and Jason (although it might as well).

Apparently Pam Anderson is their new Carmen Electra...?

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:36am
I'm lookng forward to this movie....as well as the millions of other spoof movies to come! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:34am

This has potential to possibly be a diverting film...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:30am

Please tell me you're kidding! 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I'm lookng forward to this movie....as well as the millions of other spoof movies to come! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:30am

I really hope this movie doesn't get sh*tted on. Like I mentioned, Seltzer and Friedberg are nowhere near this film (I think), and David Zucker is producing it. Besides, he made the last two Scary Movies entertaining. And then there's a list of semi-funny people in it: Regina Hall, Tracy Morgan, and Leslie Nielson. And nowhere do I see a jab at Britney Spears. It might actually be worth a watch...

I HOPE!

You think you know, but you have no idea.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:27am

Does anybody but me miss the original Airplane and The Naked Gun Movies? Because every time I see one of these half-a$$ wannabees I miss them all that much more!  

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:35am

God, I loved both "Airplane" and "The Naked Gun"!

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 7:06am

I've always thought "Airplane" was one of Leslie Nielsen's funnier Movies...

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 12:47am

Exactly! This brings us back to another familiar theme in Hollywood...find a good idea, then beat it lifeless with as many remakes and knockoffs as possible....three too many Star Wars films, about 6 too many Police Academy movies...Sylvester Stallone's entire career... 

Originally posted by ITbeast

Does anybody but me miss the original Airplane and The Naked Gun Movies? Because every time I see one of these half-a$$ wannabees I miss them all that much more!  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:29am
I just looked at the RT rating for this movie: 30%. That's not too terrible, seeing how it was not opened for review The rating is actually pretty close to another movie's, 21, which stands at 32%. And 21 looked as though it was supposed to be a good movie!
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:33pm

POLICE ACADEMY was kind of an AIRPLANE! wannabe to begin with. Really, I can only think of two films that effectively utilized this comedy style: the aforementioned AIRPLANE! and NAKED GUN. And both of those films spawned inferior sequels.

But even those follow-ups are better than what we're seeing this "genre" reduced to now...

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 1:47am

As of Saturday morning, the numbers had dropped into Razzie territory: Superhero is now under 25% approval at RT. Here's a LINK to the Forum page for reviews..

Everything SUX!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:12am

It's now at just 23% approval...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>