Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SUPERHERO MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??
    Posted: March 29 2008 at 7:14am

back to 30-something %...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 2:01pm
down to 21%....are these posts pointless or what?
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 7:28am

I saw the movie. It was better than average (compared to most of the spoof movies nowadays), but the "parody" of Dr. Stephen Hawking wasn't at all necessary. I was offended at his portrayal, as he was turned into a deviant sex maniac who likes to say the word "sh*t" a lot, whenever confronted with danger. (I should know, I'm a disabled person myself.)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:53am

My review:

Rick Riker goes to a field trip and gets bitten by a dragonfly. This soon gives him some powers as a regular superhero, except to fly. Now, he'll use his powers to stop the villain, The Hour Glass, whom takes lives from people by sucking out their remaining years in their lives.

Can anyone make a good, or a decent, spoof film? It's apparent that some of the most recent ones are horrible (The Comebacks and Meet the Spartans). This one actually is better than those two, but that's not saying much. Imagine "Meet the Spartans." Now replace all of the pop culture jokes with fart jokes, toiler humor, some slapstick comedy, and physical comedy. This is "Superhero Movie."

Is that a good thing? Well, sort of, considering it's not as painful if one joke falls flat, compared to some of the jokes in "Meet the Spartans" and "The Comebacks." But the jokes in here aren't funny either. Now I know people may disagree with me on this but I actually laughed louder from the rare jokes in "Meet the Spartans." However, in "Superhero Movie," I tend to chuckle more. So would you rather laugh, with less jokes or chuckle, with more jokes? I don't know.

Calling "Superhero Movie" a spoof is bad. This is not a good spoof film. However, the problem with this movie is that I would've liked the movie more if this had been another superhero comedy, rather than a spoof. Unlike "Meet the Spartans," the plot is a lot better. The characters are lovable. But the jokes are unnecessary.

In the end, this is one of the better spoof movies, but that's not saying much. Most of the jokes fall flat and the jokes that are funny, only makes you chuckle. I'm just seriously disappointed by the efforts made by the ZAZ team. They could've done better. Should you watch this? No. If you want to, wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it. 5/10

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:58pm

I would hesitate to call this the ZAZ effort, given there's only one of those three letters actually involved with the film...and even he wasn't responsible for the script or direction. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I'm just seriously disappointed by the efforts made by the ZAZ team. They could've done better.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 2:05pm
This wasn't half bad. The "Spider-Man" stuff was done well and the "Batman Begins" scene was kinda funny. The "X-Men" and "Fantastic Four" scenes wasn't really funny. I don't think Pam Anderson deserves a Razzie nod. She has less than a minute of screen time. It would be like that time the Emmy's gave Ellen Burstyn a nod for a role with 15 seconds of screen-time. Bonus: we get a lot of good looks at Sara Paxton.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 11:40am
Spoof-off of Superhero Movies, and unlike those other superhero movies, this was NOT a Box-Office blockbuster; hey, wait a minute, there have been other superhero movies that weren't Box Office blockbusters either.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:46pm
I'm definately watchin'this!I didn't at first'cuz I thought it was made by Seltz-berg,but then I saw instead a lot of people from the SCARY MOVIE's.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Vits

I'm definately watchin'this!I didn't at first'cuz I thought it was made by Seltz-berg,but then I saw instead a lot of people from the SCARY MOVIE's.
It's not as low brow as Selterberg, but it's just as stupid.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 8:15am
Yeah?And how is it compared to the SCARY MOVIE's?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 10:19am

Yeah?And how is it compared to the SCARY MOVIE's?
I would say not nearly as over the top in terms of gross out humor. If you like all the superhero movies of the past decade, I guess you'll get a chuckle out of it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 3:19pm
I honestly thought story-wise, the film could have been its own original superhero-comedy movie like Hancock. I really liked the story but the jokes were unfunny. Take out all of the pop culture references in the other spoof movies and replace it with toilet humor and you get SM.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:05pm
What are you talkin'bout?HANCOCK was a satire,and this was a parody.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:13pm

*sigh* I sometimes wish you weren't a foreigner.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 5:06pm

It was trying to be part satire (mocking superhero cliches) and part serious (Hancock is lonely and has drinking problems), but it lacked backstory (what exactly is Hancock and his past) and suffered because of it. It's a prime example of why leaving plot holes to be filled in the sequel is a bad idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

It was trying to be part satire (mocking superhero cliches) and part serious (Hancock is lonely and has drinking problems), but it lacked backstory (what exactly is Hancock and his past) and suffered because of it. It's a prime example of why leaving plot holes to be filled in the sequel is a bad idea.

I don't get this complaint. Any movie that is a franchise relies on the sequels to explain things, like Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars, etc. This is why I didn't complain about Twilight and Jumper being bad because we all know there will be sequels to explain everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>