Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SUPERHERO MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPERHERO...or SUPER ZERO??
    Posted: March 24 2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I don't get this complaint. Any movie that is a franchise relies on the sequels to explain things, like Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars, etc. This is why I didn't complain about Twilight and Jumper being bad because we all know there will be sequels to explain everything.
But that means half the movie is missing. Do you pay for books that have missing pages? No, so why pay for movies with missing scenes that explain plot and characters? When this stuff is missing, the movie is flawed and imcomplete, and having a sequel afterwards is no excuse. It's poor writing, plain and simple.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 6:45am
The HARRY POTTER and LORD OF THE RINGS movies are based on books.Also,the latter were made back-to-back.STAR WARS 4 did have an original script,but no plot holes.
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Originally posted by Vits

What are you talkin'bout?HANCOCK was a satire,and this was a parody. 
*sigh* I sometimes wish you weren't a foreigner.
Why?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 10:44am

The HARRY POTTER and LORD OF THE RINGS movies are based on books.Also,the latter were made back-to-back.STAR WARS 4 did have an original script,but no plot holes.
Yeah, when you're copying from books that are in segments, stuff will be left out for later. However, "Star Wars" was meant to be a stand-alone movie (Lucas thought it was going to be an epic failure). It wasn't until the movie became a success that the sequels came to be. But nowadays, Hollywood skips that part and goes straight into three-movie deals in which the first movies are full of plot holes and they aren't sure if it will be a success to begin with ... like a book that has missing pages, it's doesn't make a for a good read.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 11:44am
They announced they're plannin'a sequel on THE EXPENDABLES.That won't be released until...I don't know.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 4:23pm

They announced they're plannin'a sequel on THE EXPENDABLES.That won't be released until...I don't know.

Typical Hollywood. Their movie gets a few postive reviews for test audiences, then they already plan a sequel before a single ticket is sold. And that is why we razz them!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 10:57am
I just saw this,I'm so glad a lot of people opened their eyes and stop comparing this team to the Setlzerberg team.Sure,the movie relies a little to much on pop culture references,and they don't leave time between one gag and the next.But overrall is funny enough to make you remember why you liked the SCARY MOVIE's and the Z.A.Z. spoofs,and also why you like superhero movies(irony,right?).

I give this 6/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123