Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > SUPERMAN RETURNS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SUPERMAN RETURNS: A Bird...or a Turd?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: How Well Will Kal-El Do at the B.O. ??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[40.74%]
[29.63%]
[3.70%]
[11.11%]
[14.81%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPERMAN RETURNS: A Bird...or a Turd?
    Posted: July 06 2006 at 5:56am

Even through I have no Idea of what kind of Anti-Depressant JoeBacon was on when he saw this.....I agree with the HeadRazzBerry, this movie is indeed suffering from the newly discovered disease of King Kong Syndrome (or effect).

I personally believe what Singer did with the Franchise was just short of a Miracle, Especially after what the Salkinds and Richard Lester did with III and IV (In Singer's case, he just eradicated them). It returned the franchise to its roots of Superman I and II, for which Richard Donner had set for the tone and pace.

In the end, it will most likely go with my Worst Case Scenario (See above) unless it can get a extra boost internationally (I am not holding my breath at this point, with only 20 million so far).

It just goes to show, you can give the public what they want, but that does'nt mean they'll know how to handle it! 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 4:43pm
Now, now, now: All I was on was Diet Pepsi and Popcorn.

If you think I was off base, you should read Roger Ebert's review of this bore-fest. Roger's money quote: "This is a glum, lackluster movie in which even the big effects sequences seem dutiful instead of exhilarating."
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 8:21am

You and Roger must have been sharing the same Diet Pepsi and bag of Popcorn (although, it must not have been too recently, with all the medical problems he has been having lately).

Also remember that the movie critic you are referring to that called this movie "glum" and "lackluster' is the man who wrote the screenplay for "Beyond the Valley of The Dolls"! I guess he could be right if you compared it to this masterpiece, any movie after that would be "glum" and "lackluster" (Roger was probably mad that Lois did not jump Superman's Bones, or have a "Wardrobe Malfunction").   

Oh Well, to each there own. I just hope Roger relaxes and starts taking it easy, or he might not be around much longer to tell us what he thinks. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: If you'll check out this LINK, you'll see that many of us here at The RAZZIE Forum consider BVD (BEYOND the VALLEY of the DOLLS) a Masterpiece of Deliberately Bad Film-Making. So to us in Bizarro RAZZIE World, Roger Ebert being that film's screenwriter actually is a CREDENTIAL...  

Response to the Head RAZZberry: I guess when you look at it from THAT PERSPECTIVE, I guess it is.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 1:10pm
Just saw it. Although it was slightly underwhelming, I don't think it should be on our Razzie ballot. Routh was an OK lead, Bosthworth wasn't that bad, and Frank Langella and Parker Posey did well with their roles. But as far as acting went,jJust like I predicted, Kevin Spacey owned this film. He did a very good job, and I prefered him over Hackman (although Hackman was also good as Lex Luthor).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 11:52am
On this episode, I compare it to the rest of the franchise (skip to 00:37):

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12