Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > REMEMBER ME
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...
    Posted: March 16 2010 at 8:56am
THE PIDDLING OPENING WEEKEND GROSSES for REMEMBER ME SUGGEST a COUPLE of THINGS: 

1)  IT'S NOT ROBERT PATTINSON WHO'S a BIG BOX OFFICE DRAW, IT's the CHARACTER HE PLAYS in THOSE TWITTY TWILIGHT MOVIES WHO IS... 

2)  21st CENTURY TEEN-AGERS (EVEN MOONING FEMALES) MAY NO LONGER CARE ABOUT TEEN-ANGST ROMANCES... 

3)  PITCHING SOMEONE LIKE PATTINSON as a "MODERN JAMES DEAN" (COMPARE the CONFRONTATION in the BOARDROOM SCENE from THIS with DEAN'S "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART" MONOLOGUE in REBEL WITHOUT a CAUSE) IS NOT a MARKETABLE IDEA... 

4)  2008 RAZZIE® "WINNER" PIERCE BROSNAN NEEDS a NEW AGENT (or a NEW PAIR of GLASSES!) to READ the SCRIPTS OFFERED to HIM... 

5)  BOTH PATTINSON and BROSNAN ARE LIKELY to "RANK" AMONG THOSE LISTED on THIS YEAR's 31st ANNUAL RAZZIES® NOMINATING BALLOT (PATTINSON in WORST ACTOR and BROSNAN for SUPPORTING ACTOR)...  

NOW IT's YOUR TURN to PROVIDE OTHER POINTS REMEMBER ME (WHICH IS LIKELY to BE REMEMBERED ONLY by VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBERS COME YEAR's END) SUGGESTS...

PATTINSON: "WOW! These reviews are even worse 
than the ones I got for NEW MOON, and I got a RAZZIE® 
Nomination for that..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:48am
Comparing Robert Patterson to James Dean is a crime against movie-dom and should be punishable by death!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 3:38pm
So,what's this movie about?I know I can just google it,but I prefer you "tellin'" me so I can also "hear" your opinions.All I know is the name of the 3 leads,and that R-Patz showers with Emilie DeRavin(yeah!)with their clothes on(no!).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 4:23pm

I'd love to say "rom com bomb" on this one, but it's just a "rom bomb" this time.

SPOILER (EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN A CAVE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS NOT TO KNOW THIS)

Well, Vits, as to what this movie is about, according to the reviews I read on Rotten Tomatoes, it's a teenage angst movie with 9/11 for the ending.  That should be enough to tell you why everybody won't forget Remember Me when it comes time to nominate movies.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 4:41pm
Whoa!Did you just spoil the endin'?Why?

I just read Chris Cooper and Lena Olin are also in the movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 7:19pm
Ah, a love story that ends with 9/11. Yeah, that'll get people to throw down their $10.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

5)  BOTH PATTINSON and BROSNAN ARE LIKELY to "RANK" AMONG THOSE LISTED on THIS YEAR's 31st ANNUAL RAZZIES® NOMINATING BALLOT (PATTINSON in WORST ACTOR and BROSNAN for SUPPORTING ACTOR)...

Seems very likely.

Emilie de Ravin also looks a little awkward in her role.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:18am
I feel Chris Cooper and Lena Olin are tremendous actors whose talents are squandered in this film.  I can only hope that they were paid very well for their efforts.

As for why did I "just spoil the endin'", well, a couple of the reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes have already done that, most of the rest of them have strongly implied what happens, and, if you're friends with people who go see movies in the theatres when they first come out (must be rich), then you've read the tweets.  Besides, I have no problem spoiling a spoiled movie.  This is a terrible plot device.  The movie would have been better served if what happened in the beginning happened in the end, giving it a predictable ending that works, which apparently is a step up from the rest of the movie.  So, what happened in the beginning?  There, I didn't spoil something for you, but only because you can read it for yourself in all the reviews.

However, since the bulk of the reviewers have exerted self-control above and beyond the call of duty (although in this case, I feel they've done their readers a disservice by sticking to the normal standards), I have added a heavily modified "SPOILER" alert on my previous post, just because you brought it up.

Originally posted by Vits

Whoa!Did you just spoil the endin'?Why?

I just read Chris Cooper and Lena Olin are also in the movie.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 8:24am
Thanks,but it doesn't matter now,'cuz they will still say that there is in fact a twist endin',and I'll spend the entire movie tryin'to figure out what it is,even if I don't want to.Of all of Shyamalan's movies,LADY IN THE WATER is the only one I guessed the twist.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 10:53am
But you already know the so-called twist ending.  It's what makes this movie suck.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 11:11am
The twist ending has had its time in the spotlight, it's time for movies to move on. Now, adding surcharges for 3-D to the already bloated ticket prices, that's all the rage now!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 11:50am
No I don't.If you posted earlier,don'tell me. 

Originally posted by cvcjr13

But you already know the so-called twist ending.  It's what makes this movie suck.

I'm guessing you don't watch Miss DeRavin's show LOST.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

The twist ending has had its time in the spotlight, it's time for movies to move on. Now, adding surcharges for 3-D to the already bloated ticket prices, that's all the rage now!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 11:59am
I don't watch Miss DeRavin's show because from what I hear, if you didn't start watching it since the very first episode, "Lost" is what you will be.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2010 at 12:04pm
I said that'cuz most episodes of "Lost" have twist endings -- and they rock!
dracy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 11:04am
The Twist ending is that you just sat through over 2 hours of Robert Patterson trying to act --  

WHAT A TWIST!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by dracy

The Twist ending is that you just sat through over 2 hours of Robert Patterson trying to act --  

WHAT A TWIST!!!!
Nice one! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>