Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > REMEMBER ME
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...
    Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:50am
What an awful movie, and Rob is so awful! Brosnan is terrible too! Honnestly, just a movie good for teenager-girls!  

I'm sure Hollywood will be tired of doing this kind of movie when they notice that nobody is interested in this kind of crap anymore!  
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 1:31pm
Remember Me is a "success" because of the same reason "Titantic" was such a success ... because teenage girls flocked to it in groups on a daily basis so they could gaze at the male lead, in this case, the stick-thin, deadpan, bed-head that is "Edward." Oh yeah, and the shirtless werewolf guy, too. 

So unless you can find a way to keep teenager girls from being all horny over ugly, brooding guys, these movies will still be made... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 1:41am
Hey, this is a nice Forum, and I wanted to add that, being a teenage girl, I also really liked "Twilight Saga: New Moon"...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 5:34pm
Robert Pattinson was nominated for a People's Choice Award for "Favorite Movie Actor" for this film... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Web Design Company View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Web Design Company Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2010 at 12:14pm
This is not such a good movie...it is pretty obvious...except for the twist ending, which is typical of many episodes of Lost (but from the latest episodes, not the first ones, which rocked!)... 

baby_jane_2012 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote baby_jane_2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 10:35am
I think it's a wonderful movie...and I'm not a teenager.
gabi View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote gabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 3:26pm
Remember Me left me with this feeling of wanting to go home and hug my family, because tomorrow it can be to late. The Movie was heartfelt and the Actors were all convincing in their parts. That this Movie is even acknowledged  is only because of Rob..otherwise it would have slipped under the Radar like many others. There were over 500 Movies released in 2010 and the one where Rob has a leading Role is the one you critics and Haters discuss and slam..give me a break!

The Worst Actor Razzie should go to Johnny Depp in "the Tourist" -- that really sucked!  
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 8:17pm
I'm sorry, but any creaky romantic movie that relies on 9/11 as a major plot point to bring the whole story full circle automatically deserves Razzie scrutiny, Robert Pattinson or no Robert Pattinson.  The same went for last year's What Goes Up using the space shuttle Challenger disaster.  These events are still too sore for many (if not most) of us to deal with, and should not be cheapened by some knothead who can't think (emphasis on can't) of an appropriate bookend to a story that starts with the mother getting shot (How about the boyfriend getting shot?  Oh, wow, such inspiration!).
kat View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 9:52am

Actually what brings the plot around full circle is Ally getting back on the train for what may be the first time after her mother's murder.

Image of Ally's mother as the film focuses in for the first shot.......ghostly image of her mother when Ally is on the subway car
Ally on the subway platform............Ally on the subway platform
Neil picks up Ally and carrys her down the stairs.......Neil and Ally hug after 9/11

And while I don't disagree that the subject may be sore for some people, you are way off base for stating it's many or all.  This film resonates with the common movie viewer.  Among the rankings is a 7.1 out of 10 on IMDb.  And that is pretty much constistant across age and gender demographics. 

Remember Me was not written from beginning to end.  The writer started with Tyler's death on 9/11 as a response to reading the Portraits of Grief.   So, you really can't tack on what you start with, can you.

27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 5:48am
I can not believe that people have the audacity to say that Robert Pattinson can not act after seeing this film. I would suggest that a lot of people had their minds made up even before seeing the movie that he was going to be awful because they don't like Twilight or the character he plays in it including you Headrazz. Is there room for improvement there? Yes, particularly in a few scenes but he is a million miles away from being awful and is improving. Overall he played his character well. 
Allow me to quote Mr. Roger Ebert (who is often quoted here when emphasising the bad...but ignored when he says something good.....interesting!). He said it was "well-acted".
He also said "The fact is, "Remember Me" is a well-made movie. I cared about the characters. I felt for them. "

For me it conveyed its message very nicely. I believed the characters stories and did feel invested in their outcomes.
To the people who are overly sensitive about the ending. I understand that it was an awful real event that affected a lot of people gravely but real people have similar stories in real life to the one at the end of the movie. Why not tell it?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 10:57am
27Years, in the end, people saw this movie as "same old, same old" from Pattinson. Pout, brood, rinse, report. Just give it up and admit that a very large percentage of people just plain don't like Pattinson. I know you feel it's unjust, but much like Vits or MWG with their love of all things M. Night, you need to accept the fact that you are of a minority.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 11:54am
Yes I'm very probably in a minority here Burn but I think there is no harm in trying to point out peoples prejudices and malevolence. He did so much more in this movie than a lot of people give him even the slightest bit of credit for and that kind of pisses me off. Even the people that do give him credit like Mr Ebert get ignored. I think if this role had been played the exact same way by someone like Ryan Gosling or James Franco there would be high praise for them. Yes it may be a bit pouty and broody but thats not the point. The point is he did it pretty well yet some people just refuse to see that. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 4:27pm
Well, I'm sorry about people's "prejudices and malevolence", but as I have stated before, people are critical by nature and if they strongly dislike something, they are not going to sit there with a fake smile and say "Oh, that was so good". That's just the way it is. If you don't want to be faced with negative movie reviews, then simply don't get into the movie business in the first place, because you can never avoid bad reviews.

Now, I know you think Pattinson has talent, and for all we know, he does. HOWEVER, judging from the six or so movies that he has appeared in here in America, he hasn't proven anything yet besides perfecting the art of playing the token brooding guy. Gosling and Franco have proven themseleves with great emotional and complex roles, and as a result have Oscar nods to their credits. I bet if either one of them had gotten the role, they would have played it DRAMATICALLY different than what Pattinson did. The day Pattinson stars in something groundbreaking and gives a performance that blows everyone away, I will be the first to admit he has talent. But until that day, he is just the go-to guy if your movie calls for a brooding prettyboy.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 6:47pm
In my opinion what someone has done before shouldnt be what people judge on. They should go by what they actually see in this movie. If people were to just focus on his acting in this movie and not just complain that he has played a broody character before and is Edward Cullen, they might see that he did a good job in this movie. He played the character well, which actually required more than brooding, and did it convincingly showing me that he has talent. Some people are just too blinded by Twilight obsession to see it. Infact I think this was a smart role choice for him as it allowed him to be a bit comfortable in what he was doing while also pushing himself to go a bit further than before. 
As for if Gosling or Franco would bring something more to this particular character, maybe, given their experience, but I wouldnt think it would be all that different. It doesnt take from the fact that he did a good job with this. Like I said before there probably is room for improvement but I like to give credit where it is due and I think it is due here.
Even if people think the brooding role is what he has perfected for now, thats pretty commendable in itself (especially in this role),  and he really is just beginning to test the waters out there so who knows what he might perfect next. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 9:33pm
Sorry, but saying that Gosling and Franco can't out-act Pattinson is like saying Marlon Brando couldn't out-act Keenu Reeves! Goslin and Franco have shown great range in both emotion and roles, something Pattinson has yet to do. Goslin has played everything from a Neo-Nazi to a school teacher with a drug addiction, to a socially awkward man who falls in love with a sex doll. Franco has played everything from a super villain, to a pot head, to a doomed mountain climber, to James Dean. And neither actor played those roles the same way.

Pattinson has played the brooding prettyboy who is a vampire, the brooding prettyboy who needs a life coach, the brooding prettyboy during 9/11, etc. You call that range? Sorry, but this movie didn't prove ANYTHING about his acting talent, and if you think otherwise, wow, you're easily swayed.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:15am
The point I'm making is this. Just focusing on his acting in this movie and not taking anything else into consideration. He did a good job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>