Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > REMEMBER ME
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sure, The RAZZIES® will REMEMBER You...
    Posted: February 19 2011 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by 27years

The point I'm making is this. Just focusing on his acting in this movie and not taking anything else into consideration. He did a good job.
Even by just this movie's standards, he didn't anything all that impressive, other than showing a facial expression besides pouting for the very first time.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 6:53pm
You're still bringing other things in to the equation when you say he showed a facial expression besides pouting for once. Looking at this movie alone, he did everything this character required of him and did it well. What would you have him do differently in this role?
I'm not looking for miracles here. I'm not saying it was the most amazing thing ever, just that it was good and most certainly not bad.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 8:57pm

You're still bringing other things in to the equation when you say he showed a facial expression besides pouting for once. Looking at this movie alone, he did everything this character required of him and did it well. What would you have him do differently in this role?
I'm not looking for miracles here. I'm not saying it was the most amazing thing ever, just that it was good and most certainly not bad.
The fact being that you're defending him even though you admit that he didn't do anything all that impressive. He only "did what was required of him and did it well". That's all fine and dandy, but that's not going to get his critics off his case. This role wasn't going to change anyone's opinion of him. Perhaps his next non-Twilight movie will, but I wouldn't count on it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:53am
Okay plain and simple do you think he did a bad job playing this character?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:42am

Okay plain and simple do you think he did a bad job playing this character?
"Okay, plain, and simple" would be how I would describe how he played his character. If his role in "Twilight" were taken away, and I was judging him on this performance alone, I wouldn't be thinking "Wow, now there's a future star right there". I would be thinking "Eh, nothing to get excited about, but not Paris Hilton bad either. He needs some work before getting a star making role". So an "okay" performance is nothing worthy of defending.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 1:00pm
The reason its worth defending is that a lot of people just jump on the anti-Rob bandwagon and describe his acting as awful when in fact it wasnt awful at all. 

I actually think your analysis in the last post is a much more objective and credible synopsis than some I've seen from people.
I still maintain he did exactly what was needed for the character but perhaps the character itself isnt strong enough for people to really take him seriously yet. But like I say its early days for him and I wouldnt write him off just yet.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:14pm

The reason its worth defending is that a lot of people just jump on the anti-Rob bandwagon and describe his acting as awful when in fact it wasnt awful at all. 
I mean why bother defending him when his performance did nothing to prove his critics wrong? Now if he gave an amazing, unforgettable performance and critics are still ripping him apart, THEN you should be defending it. But giving an "okay, plain, or simple" performance is not going to silence his critics any time soon, and defending such a performance kinda makes you come across as defending him out of pity.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 8:53am
I defend him out of decency not pity. "Okay, plain or simple" are your words for describing his performance not mine. I have always maintained that he did a really good job with this. But at least you attempted to critique it in an unbiased manner (a few posts ago) and looked at his performance in this movie alone and agreed it wasnt bad. I believe a lot of people don't do that as they are clinging to their Edward feelings which is their error and in the case of actual critics unprofessional in my eyes.
I personally don't care that he may of had to be a bit broody in this movie too. I think if an actor wants to play a certain character thats up to them. Perhaps if this was still happening years later I might think, oh I wonder if he can play something else for a change. I think it is premature to put him in him a box, label it, and be reluctant and stubborn about taking him out of it. But thats just me. 
Out of curiosity, what do you think he could have done to give a better performance in this particular role? What would take it from okay to really good in your eyes?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 11:49am

Out of curiosity, what do you think he could have done to give a better performance in this particular role? What would take it from okay to really good in your eyes?
Frankly, I think he should have turned down this role all together. He needs to have a serious sit-down talk with his agent and say "Look, no more broody prettyboy roles, okay? I'll do that for "Twilight", but once I'm done with those, I'd like to do other things".
merisa View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote merisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2012 at 7:13am
Yes, I remember ROBERT PATTINSON in his the best role: TWILIGHT!  I love him in it! = )  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123