Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > WHAT GOES UP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

...Sure to Come Plummetting Down!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...Sure to Come Plummetting Down!
    Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:49pm
Who knows, Hillary Duff might pull it together one day and be... something. I was KINDA surprised that Mandy Moore wasn't a bad actress, but not that much, she's been more level headed than most of these chicks.
H-Duff is better than Smiley Virus any day.
-Iron helps us play-
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 6:14am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Wolfee... just please tell me that you're not a Brenda Song or Zack and Cody fan, at least.

Why woudl you say that? Cause I think Hilary Duff is a talented actress? She was pretty much the first really big star for disney, and they didnt even over expose her until she got really famous. Girls charming, and yeah you could say I follow her career, but no further then checking her IMDb page now and then.

Oh and someone mentioned War, Inc., she was good and it was a nice change, but the film left a bad taste in my mouth...somethign was very off about it.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 2:42pm

What Goes Up will be available for your torture, er, entertainment this Tuesday, 16 Jun 09. 

Sez Moviefone.com.

Sez IMDb.

Sez Amazon.

And you can already add it to your queue on Netflix.

So, by all means rent it, then come back here and blame me for how it damaged your thought processes. . . .

CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:34am
Oh boy! It comes out on the 16th? I better reserve my copy on Amazon... Wouldn't want to miss this excellent movie. I've read nothing but GLOWING reviews...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:54am
I can't say as though I haven't been fully enticed to see this. I'm pretty stoked by now.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:36am

It's like after all of the wonderful things everyone has had to say about it, I can't help but think that it is imperritive that I watch it... that I own a copy, that it can sit there on my shelf next to some other bad movies...

Or maybe I should buy Gran Torino instead....

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:10pm

Tell me, why buy a copy of a great movie like Gran Torino when you can throw your money away on owning a true piece of crap like What Goes Up

However, I do encourage all Razzie members to rent What Goes Up.

I'd also like to encourage people to buy Gran Torino.  That was such a good movie, I'm wondering why it wasn't nominated for an Oscar.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:40pm
Gran Torino had some pretty uneven performances. I think that's what kept it away from the big accolades. Otherwise, it was very good.
I only intend to rent What Goes Up. And then maybe throw away that copy, anyway.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 3:10pm

Ah, man, go green.  Put it through the CD/DVD slot in your paper shredder and ship the bits to Dominoes Pizza.  They'll use them. . . .

I hope I didn't just nuke the sponsorship deal for next year's Razzie Awards ceremony. . . .

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 12:10am

So that is what the crunchy things on Dominoes Pizza are... I had been trying to figure that one out for years... Although, now that you mention it, I do recall the last pizza I had there tasted a little like "The Happening"

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 8:52am
I sometimes wonder if after seeing The Happening, if in fact the characters in the movie were actually being shown the finished product, and then a day or two later, THAT'S why they killed themselves, and not the airbourne plant... virus... thingy.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 1:53pm
It seems this movie, along with "Land of the Lost", "Street Fighter: Chung-Li", and "Dragonball", are shoe-in for Worst Pictures thus far.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 3:19pm

Please don't forget C Me Dance.

I also include Severed Ways and The Informers among my worst, but those don't have their own boards here.

However, picking on Severed Ways, an inept independent film with no name actors, may not be fair.  However, if I even watch it, I will learn every verse of Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" so I can entertain myself as I watch the marooned Vikings endlessly chop trees. 

C Me Dance is also an inept independent film with a ridiculous script and no name actors, and that would be true whether it was religious or not.  It also appears to contain a number of unintentional laughs, definitely ensuring its Razzie-ness.

The Informers suffers from all this star talent in supporting roles getting top billing while they and the real stars are engaged in a blah-blah-blah with a ridiculous storyline that destroys an apparently well-regarded book.

But all the problems of combining inept independent filmmakers and a ridiculous script with major stars are present in What Goes Up, and what's more, it contains more stray storylines in just over 2 hours than Scheherazade did when she survived telling stories over 1001 Arabian Nights. 

And all of her storylines were far more satisfying.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:27pm
I think putting this film into contention for worst picture of the year just wouldn't be right... only since there will be much worse before the year ends...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 7:52am
I'm counting on GI Joe to be particularly disappointing. Van Helsing was one of the biggest letdowns of the 21st century.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:19am
There were plenty of let downs, and you think Van Helsing was a particularly big one? Perhaps I just had lower expectations of the film...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>