Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > WHAT GOES UP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

...Sure to Come Plummetting Down!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...Sure to Come Plummetting Down!
    Posted: June 20 2009 at 7:41am
Did you ever force yourself to suffer through Disaster Movie? That might be part of the problem. Seeing that makes EVERYTHING EVER PRODUCED look better.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2009 at 11:00am
No, I've only seen the song at the end of Disaster Movie, which was all the characters talked about how they f-bombed all the other characters.  I have watched Meet the Spartans and Epic Movie all the way through, though.  The song at the end of Disaster Movie was actually funnier than anything I saw in the other two movies.  None of them stuck in my craw and infected my thinking for a whole week with horrid plot entanglements and utter pointlessness in the name of making a point like What Goes Up did.   
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2009 at 11:27am
The F-this/that song was another pop culture parody, in which they didn't really change much. I dunno. I just can't possibly think of a worse and lazier way to make a buck than what Seltzerberg does. I'm still glad they attempted to make a good movie with WGU, even if they failed. At least they weren't just trying to milk you for money.
-Iron helps us play-
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2009 at 4:10am
I finally watched this after a wait on Netflix, and I have to say that it's
probably one of the blandest(I checked the dictionary, and that is a
word) movies I've seen in a while.

There really isn't a plot, just a series of meandering events. The movie
could have started or stopped anywhere before, during, or after the
events shown on film and we really wouldn't care. The script's dialogue
reads like an outline of what the characters are going to say, and even
then there isn't a single authentically interesting character. As for the
acting, it's just okay, with nothing remarkable here, this isn't the best or
worst we've seen from these actors.

Overall, I can't really see this sweeping the Razzies next year; it's too
bland for that. A month from now, I'm not going to remember an iota of
what this movie is about or who's in it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2009 at 8:22am
Sounds like we have a fairly consistent consensus.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 2:19am

Not when we go over to the ratings thread, or when you read the eight negative reviews by top critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's interesting that, since being out on DVD for awhile and on sale at nearly every store I visit in my area, there are still only 24 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it's still rated rotten at 8% positive. 

Besides, a "consensus" means everybody came to a general agreement.  I don't think you have a general agreement when one of us (me) says without equivocation that, to borrow an idea from a different thread, yes, this was torture, of an unintentional cruel variety, being dressed as if to be charming, having good performances, but actually being like a tasty cherry with a worm growing around its pit. 

My experience still is that this was one of the worst cinematic experiences I have ever had.

So much for your consensus.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 7:11am
... I posted that a long time ago, but I believe I was referring to the fact that people, in general, didn't like the movie.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 1:14pm

I took it to mean people felt it wasn't that bad of a movie.  Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345