Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THAT AWKWARD MOMENT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THAT AWKWARD MOMENT
    Posted: January 31 2014 at 12:02pm

MEMBER STARTED DISCUSSION

INFO LINKS for THIS TITLE:  

REVIEWS @ R.T.

CREDITS @ IMDb  

OFFICIAL SITE 

THAT AWKWARD MOMENT…WHEN YOU MAKE THE BIG MISTAKE OF CASTING ZAC EFRON IN A R-RATED COMEDY ABOUT A YOUNG MAN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO NEXT WITH HIS RELATIONSHIP -- A FILM COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE TITULAR INTERNET MEME.

THESE DAYS, MORE THAN HALF OF ALL PEOPLE WITH A "SIGNIFICANT OTHER" EVENTUALLY REACH A CERTAIN CRITICAL POINT IN THEIR ROMANCE WHERE THEY QUESTION WHETHER THEY’LL ACTUALLY GET ANYWHERE OR ACCOMPLISH MUCH IN THE RELATIONSHIP. THEY ASK THEMSELVES THE AGE-OLD QUESTION OF “WHERE IS THIS GOING?”

A FILMMAKER WOULDN’T EVEN BE TRYING TO CREATE SUSPENSE IF THE COUPLE KNEW FOR A FACT THEIR RELATIONSHIP WAS HEADED FOR GREATNESS. SO EFRON’S CHARACTER ENLISTS THE HELP OF HIS TWO BEST FRIENDS TO COMFORT HIM AFTER HE GETS DUMPED. BUT THINGS GO FROM BAD TO WORSE WHEN THE TWO FRIENDS QUICKLY BREAK THEIR VOW AND FALL IN LOVE THEMSELVES.

IT USED TO BE, IN REAL LIFE, THAT ZAC EFRON COULD HAVE ANY GIRL HE WANTED. WHILE  IN THE PAST HE USED TO HAVE THE BOYISH LOOKS WHICH GOT HIM EASY ROLES IN THE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL TRILOGY, AND EVEN HIS OWN LOOK-ALIKE IN “ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MUSICAL”, THE ABILITY TO ACTUALLY MAKE A GOOD FILM IS SOMETHING HE NEVER HAD TO BEGIN WITH.

SPORTING MOSTLY NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON ROTTEN TOMATOES, THAT AWKWARD MOMENT and ZAC EFRON WILL CERTAINLY BE ONE OF OURS IF HIS NEXT FILM, NICHOLAS STOLLERS’ “NEIGHBORS,” FLOPS ANY HARDER.

SO… DID YOU HAVE ANY AWKWARD MOMENTS WHEN YOU FIRST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS FILM? I GRACELESSLY INVITE YOU ALL TO SEND EFRON PACKING WITH HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS BELOW!

GETTING SOME MEANS WANTING MORE, BUT OTHER THAN THE HAIRSPRAY REMAKE AND ME & ORSON WELLES, BRIDON GUEERMO’S, I MEAN ZAC EFRON’S FILMS HAVE ALWAYS LEFT FAR TOO MUCH TO BE DESIRED! THAT AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN YOUR LATEST FILM WANTS FOR... EVERYTHING!

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner, Tusk.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 12:50pm
R.T. (25%): "Formulaic and unfunny, the film wastes a charming cast on a contrived comedy that falls short of the date movies it seems to be trying to subvert".

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

Originally posted by GTAHater767

OTHER THAN THE HAIRSPRAY REMAKE AND ME & ORSON WELLES, BRIDON GUEERMO’S, I MEAN ZAC EFRON’S FILMS HAVE ALWAYS LEFT FAR TOO MUCH TO BE DESIRED!

Yes, but a lot of his performances have been praised. So it's not like he has no talent. He just needs to picks better scripts.

Meanwhile, Miles Teller and Imogen Poots have a couple of other movies coming out. Mainly, DIVERGENT and NEED FOR SPEEDS. Script writer and director Tom Gormican's only other credit is being a co-producer in MOVIE 43.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 1:42pm
Why no mention of Miles Teller or Michael B Jordan? Jordan was having a great career with Chronicle and Fruitvale Station, and Teller got a lot of praise for The Spectacular Now.

Vits, you forgot to mention that Jessica Lucas is also in Pompeii.

Jahns, Stuckmann and Schmoes

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2014 at 10:18am
To avoid space, now I just talk about the supporting actors if they're big stars. Otherwise, they most likely won't be in consideration at all.
Originally posted by oiram

Vits, you forgot to mention that Jessica Lucas is also in Pompeii.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2014 at 4:49pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2014 at 10:43am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 11:47am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 4:30pm
Richard Roeper's review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 3:31pm
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 12:44am
What categories should this unpleasant comedy get? 

Worst Picture. So far this is 2014's worst comedy I have watched. However considering the amount of wreckage Hollywood churned out last year there will probably be more stupid, unfunny comedies this year. Adam Sandler has at least three movies due to be released soon. 

Worst Screenplay: Tom Gormican should get most of the blame for the absence of laughs of this alleged comedy. The situations the characters get themselves into are played out too long. Slow pacing of scenes kills off any humor that might exist. 

Worst Director: Tom Gormican (again). Decent direction might have elevated the unfunny script. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
 Post Reply Post Reply