Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > Most Irksome RAZZIE® Nomination of 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThat Really FROSTS My RAZZberries!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of These 2005 RAZZIE Nominations Do You Disagree with MOST?!?
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[7.22%]
[31.44%]
[14.18%]
[0.77%]
[0.52%]
[2.32%]
[3.61%]
[2.32%]
[4.90%]
[1.80%]
[30.93%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Topic: That Really FROSTS My RAZZberries!
    Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:10pm

The RAZZIES are, at their core, a joke. But something about this year's Nominees List seems to have struck an angry chord with many Forum Visitors. If you're among them, here's your chance to VOTE for the single nomination that most gets your panties in a knot -- Then feel free to POST YOUR THOUGHTS below. Who sez we don't listen??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Ryan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:33am
Jessica Alba isn't that bad of an actress and she's also damn sexy. My dad even watched her TV series 'Dark Angel' back when it was still running. Also, those shots of her underwater in INTO THE BLUE were pretty spectacular.
dockster View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:25am

There were a couple of deserving nominees that were left off the Razzie ballot, in my opinion. For one, George Lopez in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Remember Sylvester Stallone in Spy Kids 3? Lopez's multi-character performance was on a par with that.

And I would think that Jessica Simpson horrible rendition of These Boots Are Made For Walkin' from The Dukes of Hazzard would have been incentive enough to restore your worst song category to your voting base. Original or not, the Razzies could have made the argument that her version was so botched, it was actually unrecognizable as a previously released song. If not, there were plenty of movie songs in 2005 almost as bad that could have been nominated. Hilary Duff, anyone?

Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:51am
Don't forget, Ryan...many good actors and actresses have made it to the Razzies because they hitched their wagon to a real stinker!  There are some movies that you can't act your way out of!  (Halley Berry for Catwoman, Bill Cosby for Leonard Pt. 6...some examples of Razzies earned by talented people)  As for this year, this field is as deserving as any I've seen...time to drop a train on this group!
I love tom cruise View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:52am
Has anyone seen this? Ask for randall and watch what happens. (530)
591-5707
Zoe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:41pm
Hayden Christensen is the worst (supporting) actor? Are u guys serious? He lost 5 years of his life playing in SW, he spent months training and feading himself 6 times a day at the same time to be bigger, which is very harmfull for health. He alreday GOT Razzie for SW 2... But still he had chance to prove he is amazing actor and he used it playing incredibly beautiful in Lafe as a house and Sharttred Glass. I hope he is not getting Razzie this year. Please guys, give him a break. He's not deserve it..
lethalinjection View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:15pm
Jessica Alba is an idiot.. and her acting abilities are subpar.. she'd be good for a one night romp but thats about it.. Watch her in an interview sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about.
dlew919 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 8:08pm
hayde christensen put a lot of work into Star Wars. he still sucks, and he's apparently "difficult" i hope he gets the razzie this year.
I am, therefore I think
chan_beat View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:40am
HC sux but he's not a supporting actor! nominate him for the lead categorie!
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:51am
When Hayden Christensen wins...it will be for the same role... My money will go for the incumbent here...to keep balance to the Razzie...

Still consider that retro award... We need a hall of shame...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:04am

I sort of feel like I lost five years of my life watching the last 3 Star Wars  movies. For the record, my vote went to Hayden. Maybe some sort of special award should be given to George Lucas for creating the 3 highest grossing bad sequels in movie history.

We could call it the Sylvestor Stallone Memorial Award, given annually or on appropriate occasion to the director, producer or actor who does the most inspired job of feeding the public garbage and convincing them that it tastes like ice cream.

As for the other nominees, I think they are all wildly deserving. Let us not forget that this group shut out A Sound of Thunder, measurably one of the worst cinematic disasters in history, in every category. That takes some real effort.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Zoe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:27am

Razilla

I love how Hayden caught you   Well done, Dan!

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:29am
Actually I was thinking a retro award for films before the Razzies came into existence...

Besides...A Sound Of Thunder DID go over like a fart in a pith helmet...   

Missa View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 9:59am

Thank you for this poll. Quite aside from the fact that I personally saw nothing wrong with his acting, Hayden Christen was definately not a supporting actor in Revenge of the Sith, the movie that was about his character. I don't know what standards you go by where lead actor is based on screentime, but he was lead actor, not Ewan, not Ian, and not any of those basketball players.

locifo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 4:01pm
I'm as disgusted with Tom Cruise as the next guy and would just assume his career be over; that being said, he gives a serviceable performance in War of the Worlds. I think the Razzies have jumped the shark this year by blurring the line between celebrities you're tired of and actors and those who put out genuinely crap product.
ATRR View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 4:15pm
Umm... Katie Holmes Batman Begins. Face it she only got this nod because of the public relationship. She was miscast but not all that awful. Also I extremely hate Tom Cruise but he gave an OK performance in WOTW. Those nods weren't about acting they were about who is hated now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>