Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"That Was No Lady, That Was My WIFE!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "That Was No Lady, That Was My WIFE!"
    Posted: March 20 2007 at 3:24am

CHRIS ROCK HIMSELF CLAIMS IT's a "TRIBUTE" to the 1972 FRENCH ROMANCE CHLOE in the AFTERNOON. CRITICS ARE SAYING IT's a SORRY RIP-OFF OF THAT COMEDY CLASSIC. AND WE'RE SAYING IT's ELIGIBLE for WORST REMAKE or RIP-OFF  (and WHO NOSE HOW MANY OTHER CATEGORIES)...

POST YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW...

KERRY: "Whoa, creepy -- Is that one of your kids...or a midget with Marlon Wayans' head CGI-superimposed on its neck??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 5:17am
I think Chris Rock will get nominated for Worst Director, as well as Worst Screenplay (with Louis C.K. and Eric Rohmer, who used the source material from the screenplay: "Chole in the Afternoon"). Chris Rock has never been nominated for a RAZZIE, but I bet this film will get him a RAZZIE nod or two, depending on the member's thoughts.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 12:00pm

yea I'm surprised Chris Rock never got Razzied for Pootie Tang

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:42am

Here's a list of potemtial nominations for this film:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor: Chris Rock

Worst Actress: Kerry Washington

Worst Director: Chris Rock

Worst Screenplay: Chris Rock, Louis C.K.

Worst Screen Couple: Chris Rock & either Kerry Washington or Gina Torres

Worst Remake or Rip-Off

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:47am
You forgot Worst Supporting Actress: Gina Torres
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 12:58am
Chris Rocks' standup is brilliant. Hilarious. Classic.

But when he dumbs it down - for the politically correct, see: red states - you get unwatchable crap like "I think I love my Wife." 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 1:18pm
TRIVIA: The law firm in the film, Pupkin & Langford, is a reference to Martin Scorsese's "The King of Comedy," in which Robert De Niro plays aspiring comedian Rupert Pupkin and Jerry Lewis plays late night talk show host Jerry Langford.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:52pm

Chloe in the Afternoon was titled in French Amour l'aprčs-midi, L'. And it was the sixth and last of Eric Rohmer's moral tales. This is Rohmer's moral tale films he did in order:

1. Boulangčre de Monceau, La (1963)-English-The Baker of Monceau

2. Carričre de Suzanne, La (1963)-English-Suzanne's Career

3. Collectionneuse, La (1967)-English-The Collector

4. Ma nuit chez Maud (1969)-English-My Night with Maud

5. Genou de Claire, Le (1970)-English-Claire's Knee

6. Amour l'aprčs-midi, L' (1972)-English-Chloe in the Afternoon

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:41am
I thought this was actually gonna be good. Now I'm glad I didn't see it!
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 2:20pm

My friends who have seen this told me that it has it's good moments (Most of which, not surprisingly, involve Steve Buscemi.), but it's kind of far-fetched.  To me, Buscemi is usually the best thing about most of the Sandler movies he appears in. Come to think of it, he's usually the best thing about almost EVERY movie he appears in. Still, he'll always be Mr. Pink to myself and Deadguy.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:01pm
I just saw a Chris Rock standup show on Comedy Central's Secret Stash, meaning uncut, and I laughed my ass off.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:51am
Chris Rock is such a stale actor. He basically plays himself in every movie. A loud, crude, childlish, character whose relationships include the bitchy wife, the sexy other woman, and the sex crazy best friend. Well at least he hasn't lost as much credibilty as Eddie Murphy or Cuba Gooding Jr.
 Post Reply Post Reply