Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > ROTTEN TOMATOES' RANKING of 100 WORST REVIEWED MOVIES EVER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The All-Time 100 BERRY Worst??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The All-Time 100 BERRY Worst??
    Posted: February 14 2010 at 3:25pm
I've never seen those movies.Is it a coincidence that Britanny Murphy(R.I.P.)is in both of them?Do you not like her?

What about PRINCESS(2008)and UNA SEMANA SOLOS(2009)?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2010 at 4:28pm
"Princess" was a TV movie, so that doesn't count. I don't watch anything on the ABC Family Channel, 'cause their TV movies always suck. As for "Una Semana Solos", I don't count non-American movies, usually because they not shown in America for me to see.

As for Brittany Murphy, no, I did like her. In fact, after she died, I watched "The Dead Girl" (her best performance) in her honor. But "Bongwater" and "Spun" were just two bad choices for movies on an epic scale that she agreed to do. I'm pretty sure she just needed money for her rent and that's why she (and everyone else who starred in those two movies) took the jobs.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 6:41am
As for MULHOLLAN'DR....well,I don't know if it's called surrealist or art film,but I do like movies like that where weird things without explanation happens.I love Charlie Kauffman's movies,and even though I didn't think EYES WIDE SHUT was excellent,I liked it.You see,even though one tries to uncessfully find an explanation for the weird things,it's not really that important,at least when there's a great story hapenning around.But what if the stories themselves are the weird things without explanation?How can you enjoy it?

When I said I wanted to know your list of worst movies,I was talkin'to ev'ryone in this forum.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 7:49am
I don't care for surrealist movies. I may watch them once, but not again afterwards. I like movies for their stories, not a bunch of weird imagary that makes no sense.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 8:42am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Actually, I just remembered, I have seen "Once". Yeah, I didn't care for it either. There's no real story to it, just filler in between each song.

No, there actually was a story.

As I mention with any David Lynch movie, you have to high understand them, because they are usually random scenes that don't add up to anything.

Not really. I saw Mulholland Dr. with no history with David Lynch and I loved the movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Actually, I just remembered, I have seen "Once". Yeah, I didn't care for it either. There's no real story to it, just filler in between each song.

Yes, there was. But it was a very simple story and came across as just something to fill up time in between the songs.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:25pm

Yes, there was. But it was a very simple story and came across as just something to fill up time in between the songs.

It's true.If you use a timer,you'll see that more than half of the movie is used on the musical numbers,which aren't bad individually,but the music style doesn't changes,and it's hard to enjoy it.

That's what you get when the director/script writer is a musician.

As I mention with any David Lynch movie, you have to high understand them, because they are usually random scenes that don't add up to anything.
Not really. I saw Mulholland Dr. with no history with David Lynch and I loved the movie.

Maybe so,but you had to go into a deep analyzing first.You can't posibly tell me that you left the theatre happy,that you didn't feel shocked and/or angry the second it ended.If you say yes,you won't admit you didn't like it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Vits

It's true.If you use a timer,you'll see that more than half of the movie is used on the musical numbers,which aren't bad individually,but the music style doesn't changes,and it's hard to enjoy it.

That's what you get when the director/script writer is a musician.

That doesn't make it a bad movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:40pm
It's not bad when they focus more on the music than on the script?I mean,one thing is to write songs,and then write a script built on those songs,like the classic SINGIN'IN THE RAIN,but they still worked more on the script.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:59pm
Yeah, I got to agree with Vits. Musicals should be an even balance between songs and story, but with "Once", it was all about the songs and the story was an afterthought.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 12:38pm
I forgot to say that SEMI-PRO should be there too.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Vits

I forgot to say that SEMI-PRO should be there too.
Yeah, that was when Will Ferrell's "Look at me! I'm playing a stupid, famous, sports playing person! Isn't that funny?" gimmick got stale.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 7:29pm

Yeah, I got to agree with Vits. Musicals should be an even balance between songs and story, but with "Once", it was all about the songs and the story was an afterthought.

But Once was actually critically praised. It was on many critic's top 10 movies of that year and it won an Oscar for one of it's brilliant songs. I can't help but see you two being in the minority when you two think it wasn't that great. It's really realistic as a musical because the cast doesn't break and sing in the middle of the streets. It's real and authentic and it's really sweet. 97% on RT sure helps my case as well.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 7:38pm
Are we really gon'na get into another debate of whether a movie with good reviews is good?

Let's say it's true.So what?I have no problem likin'a bad movie and hatin'a good movie,and I'm sure it's the same with B.H.B..

It got good reviews'cuz experts believe the best movies are slow-paced.

I didn't say the songs were bad.I do like FALLIN'SLOWLY,but it was like watchin'DREAMGIRLS.The style never changed,and it started to sound like the same song over and over.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 8:38pm

But Once was actually critically praised. It was on many critic's top 10 movies of that year and it won an Oscar for one of it's brilliant songs. I can't help but see you two being in the minority when you two think it wasn't that great. It's really realistic as a musical because the cast doesn't break and sing in the middle of the streets. It's real and authentic and it's really sweet. 97% on RT sure helps my case as well.
Well, this is not one of my usual "this movie sucked b***s and is proof Hollywood needs to die" posts. In my humble opinion, I just didn't like the movie. Like you said, it's not the phony "everyone suddenly jumping into sing and dancing in unison" musical, but at the same time, I just didn't care for the movie overall. Everyone knew well in advance how it was going to end, and as I said before, the movie just seemed like a way to showcase the songs, like a demo tape with motion pictures than a motion picture with a background soundtrack. Maybe it's because I don't really care for music that much, I like movie scores better, like the John Williams' classics.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 8:53pm
And the movie,just like BOTTLE ROCKET,breaks the #1 rule:If you watch a movie,and you(even a little kid)don't know if it's a comedy or a drama,then the movie is bad.

I don't know what it is,'cuz the very few moments that are supossed to be funny or dramatic,aren't.Ev'rythin's just a set-up for the next song.

At the end of the movie,the 2 leads don't get together.I accept that...in deep dramas that bait for Oscars!Not indie musicals that are marketed to be a feel-good movie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>