Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > ROTTEN TOMATOES' RANKING of 100 WORST REVIEWED MOVIES EVER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The All-Time 100 BERRY Worst??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The All-Time 100 BERRY Worst??
    Posted: March 09 2007 at 5:45am

ROTTEN TOMATOES HAS LONG BEEN ONE of OUR BERRY FAVORITE WEB SITES, BUT THEIR RECENTLY COMPILED LIST of WHAT THEY CALL "THE 100 WORST-REVIEWED FILMS of ALL TIME" (LINK) HAS LOTS of PROBLEMS. WHY DO THEY INCLUDE DIRECT-to-VIDEO TITLES? WHY ISN'T THERE ANYTHING EARLIER THAN ABOUT 1997 LISTED? WHY ARE SO MANY FREDDIE PRINZE MOVIES INCLUDED? AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY of ALL, WHY DO THEY SO OFTEN IGNORE THEIR OWN USUAL RANKING SYSTEM? (EXAMPLE: ZOOM HAD a 2% APPROVAL RATING as a 2006 RELEASE, YET DOESN'T MAKE THEIR TOP 10).

FEEL FREE to POST YOUR THOUGHTS, DISAGREEMENTS, WHAT-EVERs BELOW. AS for US, WE LIKE THE IDEA...BUT WE'RE NOT THAT THRILLED WITH ITS EXECUTION...

HALLE: "How did I end up at the tail end of the litter box??"

SHARON: "Ha! Ha! I finally beat you...You're only #100, and I'm ranked #69..." 

HALLE: "Well, at least your NUMBER is appropriate!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:36am
I read The List. Wow, I'd have never guessed what was number 1... I thought for sure it was going to be this year's Worst Picture "winner" B-I-2. Boy, was I wrong!  
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:42am

How can Rotten Tomatoes claim this is an "All Time" list, when there's literally nothing older than 1999 included? And the fact that several of this year's movies made the list undermines my faith in the memory span of RT's critics: How can "Because I Said So" be included, but nothing by Ed Wood, Irwin Allen or any other pre-1990 film-makers? And who cares if their choice as #1 got the worst reviews ever if almost NO ONE has actually seen it??

I used to be a big fan of RT, but the list is so poorly compiled, ranked and presented, it makes me question my loyalty to the site...

#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:55am

RT's claim that this is an "all time" list is totally bogus! I read their so-called "formula" for coming up with the rankings, and I think they got a little too clever with how they weighed things. I bet their critics roster is top-heavy with Internet "critics" who have no memory of anything more than 5-6 years old. 

Bottom Line: I just cannot accept the RT list as anything more than a fun (though arguably pointless) way to waste some time on the Net...

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 5:05pm
Wow, How did THE LONELY LADY manage to elude the list???????
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 1:29am
My pals and I have a "B" movie night every few weeks. We all bring the worst peice of crap we can find and then watch them together and heckle ala "Mystery Science Theater 3000."

Some top of the dung-heap winners are;

1) Beyond Justice (1992) - absolutely hilarious it is so bad. The score is from another movie, the editing has jump-cuts everywhere and watch out for the bullet-proof camels!

2) Xtro II: The Second Encounter (1990) - Jan Michael Vincent is soooooooooo wasted that other actors literally deliver his lines. Plus there is an obligatory shower scene right out of left field during the climax.

3) Mandroid (1993) -  The tag goes " After Terminator, after Robocop, there was MANDROID!" I would change that to; "After Terminator, after Robocop, after Mannequin, after Universal Soldier, after Cyborg 2, after Robot Monster, after a totaled 1981 Ford Granada rusting in a junkyard is Mandroid!"

4)
Guyver (1991) - Those crazy Japanese and their wacky cyborg superheros.... who's mask looks like a vagina.

There are many more but those immediately come to mind.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 10:46pm
How the hell did they miss The Santa Clause 3...The Dukes Of Hazzard (or as I call it "Jackass: Rednecks On Tour") OR Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector and leave a good movie such as See No Evil on it???

It's clear the so-called brain trust at RT has REALLY gone CLICK...

Here's looking for them to do the REAL lifetime list soon...at least to get their credibility back...IF they had any to begin with...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 11:39pm
SEE NO EVIL is a good movie? I heard that it was one of the worst horror movies of the year.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 5:00am
I just saw on RT that SEE NO EVIL's Approval Ratingwas 8%, and The Marine got 21%.
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Razzilla

How the hell did they miss The Santa Clause 3...

Tim Allen should have is own special wing at the "Worst Movie Hall of Fame," with an Interpretive Center that replays clips from all his bombs... narrated, naturally, by Martin Short.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by jb razz

SEE NO EVIL is a good movie? I heard that it was one of the worst horror movies of the year.

I didn't feel that see No Evil deserved to be on the list...as the ones I listed were much MUCH worse...and even a bit scarier... It just turned out slightly better than I thought it was going to be...which was so far the ONLY movie I saw in the last three years that made that claim... SNE is not even in my bottom 100...but closer to the bottom of the next 100...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 7:37pm
Him and Bill Cosby both... Both made good TV shows...but somehow turned out to be box office poison...

Originally posted by Vidiot

How the hell did they miss The Santa Clause 3...
Tim Allen should have is own special wing at the "Worst Movie Hall of Fame," with an <font size="-1">Interpretive Center that replays clips from all his bombs... narrated, naturally, by Martin Short.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 5:39am
I thought "The Devil and Max Devlin," starring Bill Cosby and Elliott Gould, was an okay Movie...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 1:12am
I forgot the name of the other good one the Cos did...but unfortunately it was never shown in the US... It was an all-black western... From what I hear...it got raves overseas...

The only other times I felt Bill Cosby did great was when he did his concert films...doing what he does best...stand-up/sit-down comedy...
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 12:52am

I forgot the name of the other good one the Cos did...but unfortunately it was never shown in the US... It was an all-black western... From what I hear...it got raves overseas...

Are you are refering to "Man and Boy"? ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068907/ )

The only other times I felt Bill Cosby did great was when he did his concert films...doing what he does best...stand-up/sit-down comedy...

The only time anything Cosby ever made me laugh wasn't even Cosby... it was a parody of Cosby... in the hilarious Family Guy "Brian Does Hollywood" episode. (when Stewie auditions for "Kids say the Darndest Things")
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:40am
I have a couple of his comedy albums...and unfortunately have had to suffer through his rendition of Hooray For the Salvation Army Band... Between him and William Shatner...I'm not sure which one puts out a worse musical performance...

Man and Boy is the movie I was thinking about...and I knew the owner of the film company... He also put out the disaster Hammersmith Is Out...where Peter Ustinov's ego got in the way of production...and it showed in the final product...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>