Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > JUST for FUN POLL: POSSIBLE WORST PICTURE CHOICES for 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The BERRY WORST Movie of 2010 (Thru Aug. 31)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: What would YOU Pick as the WORST PICTURE of 2010 thru AUG. 31??
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[1.68%]
[7.15%]
[0.71%]
[3.18%]
[2.62%]
[14.78%]
[0.26%]
[3.85%]
[13.54%]
[51.40%]
[0.56%]
[0.26%]

Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The BERRY WORST Movie of 2010 (Thru Aug. 31)
    Posted: September 12 2010 at 9:56am
Yep, that's a list of epic comedy failures. Yes, I'd including "FartBender" as a comedy ... of errors!  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 6:09pm
I didn't think Wolfman was all THAT bad, but all those other 11 movies can burn in hell. Repo Men had plotholes the size of an atom bomb, and Last Airbender...well, I haven't ever watched the TV show, but I'm sure it must be a hell of a lot better!
Rapshodia View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rapshodia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 11:31am
Last Airbender
Vampires Suck
The Wolfman ( the story is not so bad but the werewolf is terrible)
in The Lost Desert
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 5:23pm
Do you mean the acting of WOLFMAN was bad, or that the make-up/FX looked fake?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 6:02pm
I thought I would share my preliminary list.

WORST PICTURE
Alice in Wonderland
The Last Airbender
Jonah Hex
The Wolfman
The Bounty Hunter

WORST DIRECTOR
Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton
The Last Airbender, M. Night Shyamalan
Jonah Hex, Jimmy Hayward
The Bounty Hunter, Andy Tennant
The Wolfman, Joe Johnston

WORST ACTOR
The Bounty Hunter, Gerard Butler
Alice in Wonderland, Johnny Depp
The Last Airbender, Noah Ringer
The Wolfman, Benicio Del Toro
A Nightmare on Elm Street, Jackie Earle Haley

WORST ACTRESS
Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker
Killers, Katherine Heigl

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
The Wolfman, Anthony Hopkins
Jonah Hex, Will Arnett
The Last Airbender, Dev Patel
The Last Airbender, Jackson Rathbone
Jonah Hex, John Malkovich

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Alice in Wonderland, Anne Hathaway
Alice in Wonderland, Helena Bonham Carter
Sex and the City 2, Liza Minnelli
Jonah Hex, Megan Fox

WORST SCREENPLAY
The Last Airbender
Alice in Wonderland
The Bounty Hunter
The Wolfman
Jonah Hex

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
Jonah Hex, Josh Brolin & Megan Fox

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL
Alice in Wonderland
The Wolfman
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Sex and the City 2
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 9:13pm
Good list thus far, rburton. However, much as you may hate "Alice In Wonderland" (although not as much as Miguel hates "Twilight") there is no way it's likely to get any nods -- It doesn't check any boxes on the Razzies' checklist for consideration...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 8:48am
So be it.  If John Wilson doesn't put it on the preliminary ballot, I can always channel extra rage into Last Airbender votes.  I could easily vote for most of the cast for acting dishonors.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Good list thus far, rburton. However, much as you may hate "Alice In Wonderland" (although not as much as Miguel hates "Twilight") there is no way it's likely to get any nods -- It doesn't check any boxes on the Razzies' checklist for consideration...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And don't forget, rburton, that anything not listed on our Nominating Ballot can alwaze be given write-in votes to express your personal opinion...
For Your Consideration

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 10:51am
I'm confused,Rburton:
1)Why do you want to channel on EL ULTIMO MAESTRO DEL AIRE if you said JONAH HEX was the worst movie you've seen this year?
2)If you also hated "ALICIA" EN EL PAIS DE LAS MARAVILLAS,what's with your username?

rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 9:06pm
In response to Vits (see below):  

1. I gave Jonah Hex two stars. I give The Last Airbender one star.  

2. Are you high?  

Originally posted by Vits

I'm confused,Rburton:
1)Why do you want to channel on EL ULTIMO MAESTRO DEL AIRE if you saidJONAH HEX was the worst movie you've seen this year?
2)If you also hated "ALICIA" EN EL PAIS DE LAS MARAVILLAS,what's with your username?

For Your Consideration

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 2:04pm
In response to "rburton": 

1) Oh? I thought that since AIRBENDER wasn't in your "For your consideration" signature...

2) Your Forum name is not a reference to Tim Burton?
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 2:30pm
In response to Vits:  

1.  You only get to use so many characters in a Forum signature...and Last Airbender doesn't need my help. 

2.  No.  my Forum name is in honor of two-time Elizabeth Taylor husband (and seven-time Academy Award nominee) Richard Burton...  

For Your Consideration

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 1:27pm
This is why there might be a "Worst Ensemble Cast" category this year, even though everyone in "Last Fartbender" sucked! Giving each of them solo awards would take up all the acting category nominations. 

Just out of curiosity, rburton, what's your favorite movie of Richard Burton's?  

Originally posted by rburton

In response to Vits:  

1.  You only get to use so many characters in a Forum signature...and Last Airbender doesn't need my help. 

2.  No.  my Forum name is in honor of two-time Elizabeth Taylor husband (and seven-time Academy Award nominee) Richard Burton...  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2010 at 3:26pm
I'm confused. All the true hate for AIRBENDER seems to go to Dev Patel. Most comments about Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz and Jackson Rathbone are because critics hated the movie as a whole. But even if those 4 gave awful performances, they're not the only main actors, right? It wouldn't be fair to award the others if they don't deserve it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 9:37pm
I think Dev Patel is getting the most hate because of poor career choices. He goes from the Best Picture Oscar winner "Slumdog Millionaire" to this, the most critically panned movie of the year?!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 2:56am
Once someone asked a long time ago if I would deny the mighty Zeus his aegis.  That should be a catchphrase. 

Perhaps Dev Patel held M. Night Shyamalan in high regard.  That's not a stretch.  Shyamalan went from Mahé, Puducherry, India all the way not only to become a top director in Hollywood, but also one who made one of the most highly regarded films of all time, The Sixth Sense.  The question is, did Patel also know that, for awhile now, Shyamalan has rested on his laurels, or to be more accurate, used his past success to greenlight poorer and poorer scripts?  If he didn't, or even if he did, it's understandable why he would collaborate with Shyamalan.   And wasn't The Last Airbender a popular cartoon before it became a laughably bad movie?  The great director from India coupled with a live action version of a popular cartoon series - it seems understandable why Patel would take the role.

But that doesn't detract from this being a bad next step in Patel's career, nor should it excuse a bad performance or a well-deserved Razzie nomination in the future.  I'm just saying it's understandable.

Besides, Patel is London born and raised, his parents are Gujuratis from Kenya, and, if that's not removed far enough, the state of Gujurat is on the complete other side of India from Puducherry, complete with its own local language.  If Patel felt great about Shyamalan, it would be like us cheering on the Olympians from our country.  It's national pride, but we don't know them and they're probably not from our neighborhood.

And that doesn't excuse one from recognizing that Zeus' aegis is way too short.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:40pm
Better question, do moviewizguy and Vits understand that "for awhile now, Shyamalan has rested on his laurels"? My guess: no.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>