Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > POLL: How Bad WERE the Movies of Summer 2006...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Berry WORST Movie Summer EVER??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Just How Bad WAS Movie-Going This Summer??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[48.48%]
[24.24%]
[21.21%]
[3.03%]
[3.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jacky View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Berry WORST Movie Summer EVER??
    Posted: September 03 2006 at 5:05am

Biggest rip-off so Far?

Try watching Material Girls for 2 hours and then tell me if Hilary Duff does not deserve to booted off from the silver screen

Gbob View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 11:06am
I though summer 2006 was The best since 2005 There was allot of good movies like Xmen The Last Stand Cars and Monster House
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 9:44am
I think one of the most common carps most of us have about the product being turned out by contemporary Hollywood is the lack of originality. That is precisely why I enjoyed Prairie Home Companion and Little Miss Sunshine. Both were different than the standard fare, particulary the usual action oriented summer blockbusters.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:07pm
I liked the "Da Vinci Code" as a book, but it failed as a movie.  "The Prairie Home Companion" was good, but no big deal, I've been a fan ever since it first appeared on PBS.   The "Pirates" movies are typical Disney fluff and can be fun to watch sometimes,  but I'd still prefer watching an oldie with Earl Flynn.   I was dissapointed with the so called Blockbusters, they all sucked!  Overall, this was a horible summer for movies.  Even the Indies were'nt special, though a few good ones might come along in the fall.
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 12:22pm
Razz, what is the secret? How do you get into the Hollywood Executive
Class, make millions of dollars, and green light bomb after bomb?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 2:51pm

On the whole, the fare this summer was numbingly mediocre. There weren't a lot of bright spots, but not a huge list of real dogs either. For me, the highlights included A Prairie Home Companion and Little Miss Sunshine. Pirates 2 was a near miss, just a little too long and I just didn't feel that Captain Jack Sparrow came off as the same character. I was also somewhat in the minority in finding The DaVinci Code entertaining. Beyond that, I'd have to agree that it was an endless string of formulaic crud.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:31am

As someone who loves a good movie, I found this summer's cinema fare incredibly depressing. I can't think of even one good movie that came out all year (among the dozens I've seen, anyway).

Why can't Hollywood make anything exciting, original and actually entertaining any more??  Thank God my Netflix membership gives me access to thousands of good old movies...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 4:00am

I had to vote "Totally Sucked." I can't think of one GOOD movie I saw all summer. Even the big block-busters, like PIRATES 2 and X-MEN 3, were disappointing. And original thought seems all but DEAD in Hollywood right now...WHAT A SHAME!

Response from Head RAZZberry: A shame for Hollywood...a BOON for us (except that having so MANY contenders makes it harder on our Voters to choose just FIVE in each category!)...

Everything SUX!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 3:53am

AS USUAL WHEN SUMMER IS WINDING DOWN, WE'RE HEARING THAT THIS IS "THE WORST YEAR for MOVIES EVER!" ...BUT IS IT REALLY??  WE'LL ADMIT THERE WAS NO LACK of RAZZIE® CONTENDERS, BUT THERE WERE SOME GOOD MOVIES AS WELL.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE to TELL US, HOW WOULD YOU RATE SUMMER 2006, COMPARED to SUMMERS PAST??

VOTE in OUR POLL ABOVE, THEN FEEL FREE to SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, OPINIONS and CETERA BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12