Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > LAND OF THE LOST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Big Question: How Many Bux値l B LOST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Big Question: How Many Bux値l B LOST
    Posted: June 02 2009 at 5:03am

SOMEWHERE ALONG the LINE, the MAKERS of the NEW $150 MILLION REMAKE of LAND OF THE LOST LOST SIGHT of the OLD TV SHOW's MAIN APPEAL to TODAY's AUDIENCES: IT WAS SO INCREDIBLY CHEEZY, HOKEY and LOW BROW THAT the MEMORIAL DAY LoL MARATHON on SCI-FI CHANNEL WAS a HOOT to WATCH.

BUT the WILL FERRELL "RE-IMAGINING" of LOST, with ITS EXPENSIVE-LOOKING CGI DINOS1, ITS REALISTIC-LOOKING LOCATION SHOOT2 and ITS GOOFY-LOOKING STAR (WHO NEVER KNOWS WHEN HE's MILKED a JOKE to DEATH3) MANAGED to LOSE ITS OPENING WEEKEND SHOWDOWN (to THE HANGOVER) and GARNER the DINO's SHARE of OUR 2009 RAZZIE NOMINATIONS...

LET's SEE...THERE's FERRELL for WORST ACTOR, JORMA TACCONE for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR, the FILM ITSELF for BOTH WORST PICTURE and WORST REMAKE...

FERREL: "What do you mean this could 'win' me a second one...a second WHAT?!?!" 

1 The 'saurs on the 70s TV series were blatantly (and unconvincingly) created using "claymation"...

2 Most of the "pre-historic" backgrounds on the series appeared to be slides onto which the characters were "green-screened"...

3 When is the last time you saw Ferrell not beat a joke to death??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:24am
I have to say, I'm impressed with the creativity of the marketing team for this movie at least. Will Ferrell is doing an episode of one of those survivor men shows, there's commercials for it EVERYwhere, and I even saw that they're going to be somewhat plugged on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim's Robot Chicken.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 9:50am

The CGI dinosaurs for this movie looks to be on par with those from "A Sound Of Thunder", and those CGI creatures SUCKED! My prediction: the movie will make modest bank, like $30 million or over this weekend, then go into a downward spiral the next week.

Razzie-wise, it should be up for just about everything we can give it.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 11:10am

Ehhh... Doesn't look like a real Razzie-sweeper, but a possibility... Possibly available for nomination, and that'd be the end of it. Rightly so, I might add, it looks pretty lame.
Curiously enough, I haven't seen the "updated list of all '09" movies in a while... where's that at, HeadRazz?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We have continued to update our 2009 Eligible Releases List on a weekly basis, posting a Main Page LINK to it each Wednesday. It now lists 211 titles released between January 1 and June 5 of this year.

Here's the LINK for you... 

-Iron helps us play-
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 11:13pm

Can we give the dinosaur(s) a Razzie for NOT killing Farrell???

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 3:32am

Sorry to disagree, but I think Land of The Lost looks funny. I even think it will do well, as it's a family film, so parents may take their kids to see it.

RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 7:21am
Feel free to disagree, but "family" friendly movies tend to be lame and pandering, which is why we're looking at it as such.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 8:15am
Quick point of interest, LotL is at 10% on RT. The 1 positive review comes from a man who agrees with the Tomato rating about 1/2 of the time, and he:

Liked:
Dance Flick
Next Day Air
Confessions of a Shopaholic

Disliked:
Star Trek
Up
I Love You, Man

Unfortunately, this guy, Armond White of the New York Press, has now encouraged me to investigate critics themselves before going along with their reviews, which will waste even more of my time.

I'm guessing LotL will probably get into the 20s over time, but this looks like a serious stinker. Audiences will be running out of the theaters, perhaps in a serpentine pattern....
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 8:18am
Sorry missed this one:
Armond White was 1 of only 5 critics (of the 200 collected) to give a rotten review to The Wrestler.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 12:41pm

Hmm, sounds like RT may have their own version of MWG... 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Quick point of interest, LotL is at 10% on RT. The 1 positive review comes from a man who agrees with the Tomato rating about 1/2 of the time, and he:

Liked:
Dance Flick
Next Day Air

Disliked:
Star Trek
Up
I Love You, Man 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Hmm, sounds like RT has their own version of MWG.

Lol dude, if you're really "done with him," quit bringing him back up. I had found some other, "Seriously? You didn't like that? Are you a professional critic or not?" reviews from that guy, but I forget what they are. I just know not to take anything he says seriously ever again.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 3:47pm

Lol dude, if you're really "done with him," quit bringing him back up.

I'm done replying to any of his posts. I never said anything about not taking jabs at him every now and then.

Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 8:22am

Well, I just checked out good ol Roger Ebert's website. He gave Land of the Lost 3 stars which is a thumbs up out of 2.

Really? Hmm. I like Roger, but sometimes I have to disagree with him. He seems he likes movies for the stories and not really for the animation. Heck, he gave the CGI Garfield movies thumbs up lol

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 3:09pm

Well, as I said before (in a rather long-winded post) just because ONE famous critic says he likes the movie, that doesn't automatically mean the movie is "good".

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 4:26pm

Armond White is very famous in the RT comminuty. If there's a negative review for a Pixar film, it's his. If there's a positive review for a critically panned film, it's his. If there's a negative review for "The Dark Knight, "Milk," Slumdog Millionaire," Doubt," "Wall-E," (and countless others) it's usually his. I hate him, and many other people do, too. He seems to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Liked:
Dance Flick
Next Day Air

Disliked:
Star Trek
Up
I Love You, Man

Unfortunately, this guy, Armond White of the New York Press, has now encouraged me to investigate critics themselves before going along with their reviews, which will waste even more of my time.

I'm guessing LotL will probably get into the 20s over time, but this looks like a serious stinker. Audiences will be running out of the theaters, perhaps in a serpentine pattern....

RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Michaels

Lol dude, if you're really "done with him," quit bringing him back up.

I'm done replying to any of his posts. I never said anything about not taking jabs at him every now and then.

lol Well I can't defend him calling names if you stoop to his level, man.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>