Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > DR. SUESS' HORTON HIRES A HO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Doctor Is...Dying of Shame!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Doctor Is...Dying of Shame!
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:39am
I beg to differ. I didn't like Funny Games (the original). It was a pointless, stupid, and so mean-spirited. Hankee's intentions are good but the movie isn't good.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:31am
They brought Jim Carrey, who did the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which I found funny but still hated it, for the voice of the elephant. Now The Cat in the Hat was the one that was the one to hate the most by how god-awful it was.
hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:58am
I'm inclined to agree with the Razzie staff. Horton sucked! It was tedious, plotless, lifeless, boring, and unfunny. The animation was fantastic as expected, but how did this Seuss story sell the makers on a film adaptation? Uggg!
Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 8:16am
Geez. Am I the only one who still thinks this is the WORST decision for Razzie consideration?

My grade for the movie: A- (only thing I would've changed is the ending)
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 9:25am
If this gets a Razzie nomination, it would be the equivalent of Sly Stallone losing one of his Razzie "wins".
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:01am
I thought this movie was good. It was much better than most of the other crap that had just come out around the time. The animation was good, but some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy. But still, it was a good movie, and shouldn't get a Razzie.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 2:02am

I still don't get how this is still here. It has a 7.5 on Imdb and a 78% approval rating on RT. It will obviously sink as a Razzie contender if no one votes for it, so quit your bashing. It was a hell of a lot better than the Never Back Down movie!!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While the response to HORTON was not nearly as negative as it was to the previous Suess movies, once a subject is posted on this Forum, we leave it up for all to read (unless it's someone trying to use our Forum for "free advertising"). Although WHO certainly doesn't look like a likely RAZZIE® contender at this point, if we had deleted this discussion, movieman would not have been given the opportunity to vent at us...

Now does everyone feel better?? 

myworksucks View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote myworksucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:10am
I actually liked this movie. Jim Carrey finally beats Mike Meyers and his over-inflated ego.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 8:46pm
I gave this 50%. I'm glad it was faithful to the book, unlike THE GRINCH(60%)and THE CAT IN THE HAT(40%). However, those 2 movies were both funnier.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Vits

I gave this 50%. I'm glad it was faithful to the book, unlike THE GRINCH(60%)and THE CAT IN THE HAT(40%). However, those 2 movies were both funnier.
Ah, yeah, sure, to each his own.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123