Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Dumbest Movie Idea EVER?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dumbest Movie Idea EVER?!?
    Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:08am

AT the END of OUR 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® CEREMONIES, WE SHOWED IMAGES of SEVERAL 2009 TITLES WE PRESUMED WOULD BE CONTENDERS for OUR 30th ANNUAL DIS-HONORS -- FEW GOT a BIGGER REPONSE THAN a POSTER for G.I. JOE, a MOVIE BASED on a 45-YEAR-OLD DOLL (SORRY, ACTION FIGURE) MADE for BOYS...

BUT DUMB MOVIE IDEAS CAN STILL BE MARKETED -- AS PROOF, HERE's a LINK to an MTV MOVIE BLOG ITEM ABOUT TOYS and MERCHANDISING RELATED to G.I. JOE.

BEFORE IT OPENED in AUGUST, WE HAD to SATISFY OURSELVES with BASHING the BERRY IDEA of MAKING SUCH a BLATANT (AND LITERAL) "9-YEAR-OLD BOY MOVIE." 

BUT ONCE IT DID COME OUT, and PROVED to BE JUST AS DOOFY AS IT LOOKED, WE FIGURE IT'S ONE of 2009's MOST "SURE-FIRE" WORST PICTURE CONTENDERS...

COMING SOON to a 99-CENTS ONLY STORE NEAR YOU...??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:36am

I was there in the hall when the montage of 2009 movies came up, and only Lindsay Lohan in "Labor Pains" (which is now going direct-to-cable) got a bigger response than "G.I. Joe."

Here's a link to see the exact poster shown on Razzie show night:

http://www.impawards.com/2009/g_i_joe_ver5.html 

And a link to see the current trailer for the movie... 

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2009/05/gi-joe-rise-of-cobra-2009-t railer.html 

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 8:32am

Well, at least this movie looks to solve the age old dilemmas:
1) What is the government's association with GI Joe?
2) And why don't GI Joe's have cybernetic suits that give them superpowers.
3) And finally, Ok, great, we got the live action GI Joe movie out of the way, when does production start on the live action Thundercats?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Oh, God -- Please don't give Hollywood any more bad movie ideas...these daze, they might actually make them!

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:13am

Much like last year when "Ironman" held the title of Best Comic Movie for two months until "The Dark Knight" swooped in and took the title away, within two months, "GI Joe" will swoop in and steal the title of Worst '80s Cartoon Movie away from "Transformers 2".

Seriously, why bother calling them "GI Joe", why not call them "The Poor Man's Ironman Army" if you're going to have them wearing mech suits?

PS: If H-Wood makes a "Turbo Teen" movie (it's about a teenager who is fused with his car by an atom smasher device, so he morphs into his car everytime he becomes overheated and turns back when he cools off) I may give up on movies all together!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 7:56am

I consider myself much like a "Terror Czar" under the Bush administration - trying to think up all of the worst possible ideas imaginable, before the enemy can turn them against us...  

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Well, at least this movie looks to solve the age old dilemmas: 1) What is the government's association with GI Joe? 2) And why don't GI Joe's have cybernetic suits that give them superpowers. 3) And finally, Ok, great, we got the live action GI Joe movie out of the way, when does production start on the live action Thundercats?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Oh, God -- Please don't give Hollywood any more bad movie ideas...these daze, they might actually make them!

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 8:00am

Haha... I remember Turbo Teen!   

Anyone else out there remember M.A.S.K? I could see them trying to make that into a movie! That show really didn't stand the test of time, though. I remember watching a tape my friend had when I was like 17-18 (as opposed to the 10 or so I was when it was on). It was pretty horrible! The little "GI Joe" message rip off thing at the end was, "Don't pet strange dogs." 

-Iron helps us play-
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 11:39am
I remember the cartoon had cool opening song, which you can view on YouTube...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 12:14pm
Which one, tomsmo?
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 3:30pm
I'm willing to bet money that at one point, someone, somewhere, is going to say "Now you know ... and knowing is half the battle".
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 5:07pm

Which one, tomsmo?
The Gi Joe Cartoon
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Michaels

I'm willing to bet money that at one point, someone,
somewhere, is going to say "Now you know ... and knowing is half the
battle".

And it'll be as awkward as "My name is Mr. Frieze. Remember it well, for
is the chilling sound of your doom!"
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 5:11pm

And it'll be as awkward as "My name is Mr. Frieze. Remember it well, for is the chilling sound of your doom!"

Or ANY spoken line of dialog from "Batman & Robin" for that matter.

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 3:13am
Wow, G.I. Joe must be bad enough to get a forum this early. I'd be concerned about the E.T. knockoff Aliens in the Attic or any movie coming out on July 24 (including Diz-knee's G-Force).

I don't see any proof that G.I. Joe has the looks of a bad movie. There's a nice little joke by-play between Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans, who - according to reports - was cast based on his physical performance from Requiem for a Dream) in a TV spot, the CGI doesn't look bad, Dennis Quaid's a reliable actor in any movie, and Sienna Miller looks like the Baroness. Okay, the action didn't blow me away, but I know a bad film when I see it (anything from Uwe Boll, the Disney factory, Lionsgate, etc.).

I'm aware of Stephen Sommer's Van Helsing, and what a bad movie that was, but this doesn't reek of Van Helsing obviousness. Of course, there are some bad signs: the Wayans Bros. are a juicy target, toys made from movies are disasters (Bratz, anyone?), Dennis Quaid is stuck in a cast lead by a majority of actors of a lower celebrity (including Tatum), and squeaky-voiced Joseph Gordon Levitt playing Cobra Commando. But hey, it's going to kick the crap out of Bandslam when it comes out.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 12:07pm
Marlon Wayans has talent. He just doesn't tend to act in movies that require it.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 5:17pm

True, but one of the few exceptions (if not the ONLY one) is "Requiem for a Dream".

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 9:19am
I wanna see Roland Emmerich remake Requiem for a Dream.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>