Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Dumbest Movie Idea EVER?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dumbest Movie Idea EVER?!?
    Posted: April 18 2011 at 8:34am
He also directed the STEP UP sequels,each being better than the previous one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Vits

He also directed the STEP UP sequels,each being better than the previous one.
Now I'm afraid that he will make "GI Joe: The Musical"!

^That could become a reality now!^
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Apparantly, the sequel is being directed by Jon M. Chu, the same guy who directed the Justin Bieber movie. To be fair to Chu, he didn't direct the worst non-bat-nipples movie ever like Stephen Sommers.
No, he only directed the worst "must cash in on this 16 year old's 15 minutes of fame before it's too late" movie.
I meant Van Helsing, not G.I. Joe. G.I. Joe sucked, but it didn't even touch the suckitude that was Van Helsing. Compared to that, G.I. Joe is freaking Saving Private Ryan!!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I meant Van Helsing, not G.I. Joe. G.I. Joe sucked, but it didn't even touch the suckitude that was Van Helsing. Compared to that, G.I. Joe is freaking Saving Private Ryan!!!
Oh yes, THAT one. Yeah, point taken.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 3:57pm
F.U. DOPES(*/*****): 

Spoilers ahead! 

So what is the problem with this movie? The directing is made for '90s action movies. A lot of explosions are shot from 5 angles each, trying too hard to be apealing. It's not the worst...unlike the editing. 

Meanwhile, the writing is made for '80s action movies. The plot is full of holes, the gadget names are meant to be cool (but they're not), and the characters are uninteresting, except for COMMANDER COBRA who can't go unnoticed because he talks like a cartoon (and we can hear him breathe like DARTH VADER).I wasn't expecting the best crafted script, but when we get scenes like her husband finding out the truth about THE BARONESS, which seemed like the writers have never experienced human interaction...well, it's too much.  

There are OK moments, especially the ending. And during the Paris scenes, the action was actually thrilling and the effects more decent. But they didn't focus their efforts on what they should have. I would've exchanged all the action for things that matter, like all the points above. And the acting was just passable. 2009 was definately the year that almost killed the action genre, with so many movies putting good scripts aside.

Grades: F in the U.S. and 1,0 in Chile. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 1:16pm

Joseph Gordon Levitt won't be in the sequel.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Vits

Joseph Gordon Levitt won't be in the sequel.
Smart man! He'll probably be too busy starring in "Dark Knight Rises", you know, a movie with much better chances of being good.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 6:58pm
Apparently, only Duke, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow will be back for the sequel. Considering that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were the only good things about the first one*, this could be better. 

Of course, being better than G.I. Joe is like being taller than Warwick Davis.  

*Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were the best things about the cartoon as well.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 8:35am
Spoiler alert!

Didn't STORM SHADOW die?!? 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 12:41pm
Then I guess the next G.I. JOE movie will be in Hollywood's new favorite "cash grab" film format:  REBOOT!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 10:57am
The sequel won't be in 3D.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567