Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Member Discussions & Polls > Member Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE LONELY LADY (1983)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DistinguishedFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE LONELY LADY (1983)
    Posted: December 14 2012 at 9:11pm
The film that held the Razzie record (6 berries, 11 nods) for many years has never been out on disc (despite, so I'm told, the Head RAZZberry's efforts) and the tape has been out of print for a long time.
Fortunately, it's now been put in its entirety on YouTube - I don't know how many people on this forum have actually seen it but it's worth a look just to put things in perspective: this film is truly, irredeemably, ball-shatteringly bad.
It's often been said that hardly any truly great movies are made anymore; perhaps that's true, but certainly stuff this incompetent is also rarely made now. Look at prospective nominees for this year and compare them with stuff from the early 1980s - the new stuff, while bad, is at least somewhat professionally made!

Anyway, enough of my babble - here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1xWqRXbr8
It's obviously been taken from a VHS copy so it's a little murky.

P.S.: Where in the film is the Worst Song winner? (I assume it's a tune played over one of the many sex montages)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 7:47am
What someone needs to do now is find an Inchon bootleg, and put it on YouTube!  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 3:52pm
I agree 100%! I wanna see just how bad Inchon is!  

Pictures move, do they?
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 7:21pm
SchumacherH8ter and Grounder, YOUR wish is MY command -- Here's the LINK to watch INCHON on YouTube! 

GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
DistinguishedFlyer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DistinguishedFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 8:17pm
The YouTube version looks like the original cut of INCHON - does anyone know what was cut out for the US release? 

Speaking of other big turkeys, the original cut of 1985's Revolution - without any voice-overs and with a happy ending - was up on YouTube for a little while -- but I think it's been taken down now.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: According to a "Trivia Note" on IMDb (LINK) the 140-minute version posted on YouTube should be the same cut that premiered in Washington D.C. in May of 1981 -- and was summarily booed off the screen. The version released by M-G-M in August of 1982 (and eventually awarded 4 RAZZIES® including Worst Picture and Laurence Olivier as Worst Actor - LINK) was more than half an hour shorter...but still excruciating to sit through!  

DistinguishedFlyer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DistinguishedFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 10:20am

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: According to a "Trivia Note" on IMDb (LINK) the 140-minute version posted on YouTube should be the same cut that premiered in Washington D.C. in May of 1981 -- and was summarily booed off the screen. The version released by M-G-M in August of 1982 (and eventually awarded 4 RAZZIES® including Worst Picture and Laurence Olivier as Worst Actor - LINK) was more than half an hour shorter...but still excruciating to sit through!  

Yes, that's what I was referring to; the YouTube version is the long one, as opposed to the 105-minute film dumped in theaters a year later. Do you (or anyone else) remember the major differences between the two - what significant stuff got cut?

< ="application/x-dap-" id="DAPPlugin" style="visibility: collapse">
 Post Reply Post Reply